TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Story with a happy ending

A buddy of mine in Florida was broken into and his pride and joy Bullitt was stolen. The rest will require a bit of reading but a bunch of Florida gearheads went on a mission to find this car, even putting their own cars in harms way to get Kevin's car back. Absolutely amazing what gearheads are willing to do to help out a fellow car guy.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141736

On the other board that I'm a member of we're taking up a collection to repair the guys cars that were involved in getting Kevin's car back.

Wow. I just read all 20 pages of that thread. What an awesome story. Amazing what these people were willing to do. Props to the fuelslut guys. I can only hope if something like this ever happened to me, I could be so lucky to find good people like this to help out.

Wow what a story! Good job but the bad guy got away! I did not see a description of the offender in any of the posts? If anyone gets a description we need to watch for these people! Here is one of the posts from a guy who was a cab driver and a friend of the victim. The story is comical in a way due to the fact that the passenger in the cab was having a fit! What movies are made from...

I have copied and pasted the text directly as well - I don't know if you need to be registered to see it.

His username is "wornoutshoes" on fuelslut.

Ok, so last night i got a pick-up fare from downtown going to 192 west to the silver springs condos. i'm just cruising along and minding my own business when i see a mustang with these really wide rims and a shiny metal gas cap. i'm like, wow. a bullitt mustang. nice ride. then i remember this thread and immediately call my brother since he's usually in front of a computer. i ask him if the plate is fla tag # 2KI 6T8. he's screaming at me, "YES! YES! YES!!! f'ing CALL CURTIS NOW!" so i hang up and call curtis. i'm like yeah, i've spotted the bullittt mustang going westbound on I-4 and we're passing kirkman and sand lake. he's like, "I'M ON MY WAY!" all i hear is furious running and then the absolute lion's roar of his engine at WOT. i'm like, "what do i do? what do i do?" he's on the phone with the cops and temporarily three ways me into the conversation and i can hear bits and pieces of it. he's like, "CALL 911!!!" so i hang up with curtis nad i call 911. i tell the opeerator that i'm reposting a stolen car. that i'm chasing it at this very moment and that they need to get all available units to I-4 westbound approaching 528. i'm doing like 80 trying to keep pace with this guy. who at this point has realized that i'm following him and that i'm on the phone so he changes lanes. and the dispatcher asks me for the plate. so i have to change lanes with him to read it to her becasue i didn't have it memorized. so i read it. and no sooner had i finished than the guy got nervous and sped up. so i did too. my customer is the back is like, "hey man, i just want to get back to my hotel. he's drunk and now hanging on to the o**** bar and is full buckled in with a wide eyed look of terror on his face. (i looked in the mirror when he was talking to me) it was pretty funny. so the bullitt takes off and i take off too. we're doing 90 half way between sand lake and 528 and the guy floors it. so i floor it. and he pulls away fro mme like i was standing still. i tell the dispatcher that he's running and that i'm trying to keep up but it's a crown vic and weighs like a brick ****house. she's like, where are you? i'm like we're still I-4 westbound approaching 528. the guy in the backseat is like, "please, don't get in a car chase." i ignore him and floor the vic. but there's nothing i can do. he weaves from the fast lane at the median to the middle and to the right. i never take my eyes off his taillights i nthe hopes that he'll catch traffic and i can catch him. he zooms under the 528 and keeps going. i'm under the 528 and i can still see him. i'm watching like a hawk, but i'm absolutely ****ed that the piece of crap cab won't go any faster. 95+ and the wind is rushing around the top of the cab in a deafening howl. i watch him. he passes the LBV exit 68. i tell the dispatcher to get a freaking unit out here! i lose light of him approaching the osceola parkway and i tell them that that's where i think he went unless he got stuck in hte construction traffic at exit 64. they are like, "well sir, can we have a detective call you on your cell phone later?" - indicating that they have no intention of sending a unit for the car which makes me madder than hell. "grinding my teeth, "sure" and the dispatcher and i hang up. i call curtis again. i'm like, "try the osceola parkway. i don't think he's in this construction!" "i passed the construction already i didn't see him." "i lost him curtis. i'm so sorry." "it's ok, you did all you could do." after that, curtis went looking for an hour or so around the local haunts for car guys hoping to come acorss the guy. i called him periodically to see if he'd founf anything yet but, he didn't.

i wish i'da pitted him. but i'd have probably been fired or something.

at least you can know tha tthe car is still in one piece. that the only reaso nthat they aren't finding it during the day is because they guy is using the car cover. and that aside from him beating on the motor on I-4, the car is relatively unharmed. he hasn't parted it out and you'll get it back soon.

if i see him again though, i'm gonna PIT his ass. mf'er.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a great story. The rescue part really made the hairs on my arm stand on end. This raises the a question, for you car guys:

If there was a stolen, limited edition car that you have cornered in a parking lot. Would you put you vehicle (whether it be your daily driver truck or your Shelby) in harms way to stop it?

Personally, I'd put my Explorer in the way. It's only cosmetic damage. Sure, I'd get yelled at by my parents, but I would know in my heart that I helped someone get their pride and joy back.

Would you put you vehicle (whether it be your daily driver truck or your Shelby) in harms way to stop it?

My Excursion? Without hesitation. My Shelby? Honestly, no.

I read that entire thread way back when Kaylan posted the link. What those guys did that night to get the car back was gutsy. I even donated to the fund for the repairs.

I read that entire thread way back when Kaylan posted the link. What those guys did that night to get the car back was gutsy. I even donated to the fund for the repairs.

I stopped a robber with my pick up once

I can see your point. The Shelby would be for chasing them down, :hysterical: . Just kidding on that

• 2 months later...

Archived