TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Billet Fuel Door Install? Help

For those who ordered these you know they came with NO instructions! Looking at the Shelby Billet Fuel Door then looking at the factory one and what do you need to be an MIT graduate to install this? Plus, my 2013 came with no gas cap inside so I guess Ford got rid of them. We see no way how you access the filler housing to even remove the factory cap and arm? The plastic cap around the fuel housing has no clips so before busting it I thought it would be better to ask first

Also, does the Shelby door actually seal the fumes?

Installing the Shelby Billet Fuel Door on my 2008 Shelby was so easy

This should be the easiest mod to do yet it looks like I want to break it and be done with it... honestly, no instructions included is quite ridiculous

I had mine installed at SAI during the build, but I took a look at it. Of the dozen or so torqx looking screws around the outside ring, only 3 are real (all at about 120 degrees from each other, starting at the top) and go through to some nuts holding it to the body with a nylon washer under the nut. I don't know what the stock door bezel looks like or what holds it on, maybe somebody can explain. Yes, both my 2013 Fords have no filler cap, just a spring loaded "door" you push the gas nozzle through. The exterior door on my Raptor is not tight fitting at all, so it isn't there to keep fumes from escaping, hopefully that spring loaded door in the filler neck does that.

I installed them on my 2011 GT500 and my wife's 2010 GT. Removing the old neck collar is the toughest part after the factory door is removed. Just make sure to use plenty of blue tape around the opening to protect the paint. I always use blue tape with a layer of duct tape on top just as extra protection from an unfortunate slip of a tool.

I can attest that there is only 1 that will fit the widebody, the one they install at the factory. Different bolt pattern.....and I found out the hard way. There are instructions but they do not send them with the part, I had to call up Tim to get the PDF.

I can attest that there is only 1 that will fit the widebody, the one they install at the factory. Different bolt pattern.....and I found out the hard way. There are instructions but they do not send them with the part, I had to call up Tim to get the PDF.

You are correct about the wide body, when I looked at mine and the various GT350 doors, I could see the typical ones they have do not fit. I was actually looking for another one, in black, do you know if they make one for the wide body?

You are correct about the wide body, when I looked at mine and the various GT350 doors, I could see the typical ones they have do not fit. I was actually looking for another one, in black, do you know if they make one for the wide body?

They put a black one on my wide body.

Finished install it was easy... SAI, if selling a product include the DIRECTIONS because you will need a drill

I'll get better pics when outside but makes a big difference instead of all White

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

my top rarely goes up so being FL dust is everywhere so have to wipe down the interior more often and yes because of the humidity I put the top up enough so it doesn't mildew. we got the Sunshine but it comes with humidity and with that mildew.. maybe if average 100mph will the mildew and dust fly off? lmao

Looks good. I wish I was in Florida right now. I have 16 Pony's that need turning out. They tend to get a little stall sour after a long cold winter.

16 wow I thought I was high with 7

What do you got as always looking for certain ones? I'm planning to move in March so don't want to buy anything I got to move but for a few years now trying to find a 71 429 SCJ Mach 1 with a C6 automatic. Yes, they're out there but finding 4spd's and I'm looking for specific colors

No 71s thru 78s. 66 coupe. A couple of low mileage pace cars, one still in factory plastic. Black 1982 GT under 1000 original miles, Red 86 GT vert 300 orig. miles. 3 low mileage 20th anniv. cars vert,t-top,sunroof all under 6000 miles. Other Gts under 5000 miles. 2010, 2011 Kona Blue GT500 super snake build done by yours truly. 2012 Race Red GT350, Several more. Always in the market. Also too many boats.

No 71s thru 78s. 66 coupe. A couple of low mileage pace cars, one still in factory plastic. Black 1982 GT under 1000 original miles, Red 86 GT vert 300 orig. miles. 3 low mileage 20th anniv. cars vert,t-top,sunroof all under 6000 miles. Other Gts under 5000 miles. 2010, 2011 Kona Blue GT500 super snake build done by yours truly. 2012 Race Red GT350, Several more. Always in the market. Also too many boats.

I am selling my 1992 SAAC MKI

I know, they asked me which when it was built, but I am now thinking I want to try the black. Any idea where you can get it and if you can get the one with "GT350" on it? Maybe I should ask Jer.

As far as I know there is only the "Shelby" engraved version in both colors. The wide body "Shelby" version is available; perhaps you need to call for it? I believe the price was about 20 bucks more than the normal billet style.

I dealt with Jer and Tim on this issue over the phone, so they know there is a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived