TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering 2008 GT500KR

Hey,

I was wondering how many people have actually attempted to put their name on a buyers order or place a deposit for a 2008 GT500KR? My buyers agreement was placed the Monday before the official New York auto show. Neither the sales person or GM new anything about the KR. Thanks to a little early morning surfing and some info from THIS website I was able to "educate" them and get my order in 1st.

I was also able to secure a 10K ADM over retail. I have my fingers crossed until Jan.

Hey,

I was wondering how many people have actually attempted to put their name on a buyers order or place a deposit for a 2008 GT500KR? My buyers agreement was placed the Monday before the official New York auto show. Neither the sales person or GM new anything about the KR. Thanks to a little early morning surfing and some info from THIS website I was able to "educate" them and get my order in 1st.

I was also able to secure a 10K ADM over retail. I have my fingers crossed until Jan.

How do you know they will even get one????

Ford has not announced how they will give out allocation on this yet. I suspect it will be months before we know more on this car since it won't be out until next year in spring of 08.

Hopefully your dealer is one of the lucky ones that end up getting one.

Hey,

You beat me. I'm in for a 12K over sticker deal.

How do you know they will even get one????

Ford has not announced how they will give out allocation on this yet. I suspect it will be months before we know more on this car since it won't be out until next year in spring of 08.

Hopefully your dealer is one of the lucky ones that end up getting one.

Neither do they, but they have gotten the GT and several GT500's over the years, I have not been asked to place any money down yet. But if they are allocated one at least i am first on the list. I cannot ask for much more than that.

Neither do they, but they have gotten the GT and several GT500's over the years, I have not been asked to place any money down yet. But if they are allocated one at least i am first on the list. I cannot ask for much more than that.

I hope they get one so you are able to get it.

I hope they get one so you are able to get it.

Thanks,

If anyone is interested the dealer called me Friday about an 08 KR they were ordering. Wanted to know if I wanted that one? I only wish I were that well off. I should have got that one and tried for a SS package.

I have a deposit on one as of March 30th, which was my 40th B-Day. :) Not sure if any will make it to Canada, but if so and my dealer gets one I'm in. We didn't discuss $$ as it's still a longshot but I did get my car at list so I know they'd be fair with me.

Hey,

Put the pipe down and walk slowly away from your keyboard.

Do you have the agreement in writing? No flame intented, but I don't think your dealer realizes the amount of hype this car will bring once it's released. My guess: MSRP + ADM = 100K average

Barrett Jackson will be held early next year....then it will start.

I am being offered the opportunity to buy as well...... Have gt500 convt already and dealer is talking 50% over MSRP..... I'm guessing that will be the norm. MSRP like 50K-60K and final price 75K-90K..... Not sure what to do..... Any suggestions?

If I could get I signed MSRP + 50% for their first one, I would jump on it. The only people that will get these at a good price are the owners of dealerships and far and few in between. I would expect MSRP to be about 58K, 58+28=86K for a car that will sell any day of the week for that amount and realistically 100+ IMO.

If I could get I signed MSRP + 50% for their first one, I would jump on it. The only people that will get these at a good price are the owners of dealerships and far and few in between. I would expect MSRP to be about 58K, 58+28=86K for a car that will sell any day of the week for that amount and realistically 100+ IMO.

I can get it signed but then not sure if I will be able to keep my convrt.... Tough choice?

Not sure... U think 50% over is fair huh?

I can get it signed but then not sure if I will be able to keep my convrt.... Tough choice?

Not sure... U think 50% over is fair huh?

I can't say that 50% over is fair, but I'm pretty sure the KR's will sell for even more than 100K just to start. I have a coupe and really like it allot, I'm not going to put myself through the aggravation or expense of trying to get a KR mainly because I would be keeping it instead of my 07 and could spend money on allot more important things.

Just a thought - if Ford decides to build all 1000 KR's within a short timeframe, then the ADM's won't be as high since there will be a bunch on the market at the same time.

Before the Ford GTs came out, I knew someone who made a deal that would be MSRP +50% of the average ADM asked in 3 consecutive issues of Autoweek. When the time came, he didn't take the car because, IIRC, asking prices were around $300k, and he'd have to pay about $225K

Do you have the agreement in writing? No flame intented, but I don't think your dealer realizes the amount of hype this car will bring once it's released. My guess: MSRP + ADM = 100K average

Barrett Jackson will be held early next year....then it will start.

Yes, I have a signed buyers agreement for the car. You are right about they fact they do know they hype yet. In fact they still were not sure what I was talking about when I came in. I had to show them the website about the car. I guess know it's just a waiting game.

I was talking to a dealer last week about a GT500 which is ridiculous with his 17k ADM. I tried to get rid of him and told him that I had decided to wait until next spring for the GT500KR which he knew nothing about. What a surprise. Anyway he puts me on hold and believe it or not I actually wait for him as I am tired of hearing him on my recorder every night. He tells me they are going to have that very car on his lot in 6 weeks :-). I just told him to call me when it came in. LOL True story

Hey,

Well, The show has started! There is a listing on Ebay for a 2008 KR. AT A BUY NOW OF $130,000.00! I guess I should kiss the dealer for such a great deal.

Well, The show has started! There is a listing on Ebay for a 2008 KR. AT A BUY NOW OF $130,000.00! I guess I should kiss the dealer for such a great deal.

I wouldn't get to exited just yet. I don't know anyone that can say who will get them other than dealers that have sold allot of GT500's. If your dealer didn't know about the KR, chances a more than likely he isn't getting one. I tryed to order one from an honest dealer and the zone rep told them flat out, they arn't getting one. My hunting for a KR is over, keeping my 07. I do wish you good luck.

Blayne

I have a deposit down with a dealer to be "first on the list to call". I have no illusions about it, all my deposit is getting me is a chance to be the first to get scalped with an enormous ADM! ;^> I actually had a chance at a second dealership as well - I only put down one deposit, but I am waiting on another of those "zero-percent APR" deals on a credit card, and if I get that, may put down a deposit there too (that way I don't feel like I am just giving the dealer an interest-free loan).

Anyway, its worth a shot. Maybe I'll start putting up eBay auctions for 10k ADMs, then I can go to the dealer and say "look, here's market price"! ;^> I have a horrible feeling at the moment that the call is going to be a lot more than that ADM... :-<

Chris.

That is interesting to say the least. Ford still has not announced who will get allocation and they are saying only SVT/Shelby Blue Oval Dealers will get one which they say they are.

Ford dropped all SVT dealers from getting any extra GT500's. So now they are going to give those dealers the KR instead???

BTW, they are including the SAI 40th Package with it.

I would like to know how/when/where they were told only SVT dealers will get one!

That is interesting to say the least. Ford still has not announced who will get allocation and they are saying only SVT/Shelby Blue Oval Dealers will get one which they say they are.

Ford dropped all SVT dealers from getting any extra GT500's. So now they are going to give those dealers the KR instead???

BTW, they are including the SAI 40th Package with it.

I would like to know how/when/where they were told only SVT dealers will get one!

The ad also confirms a KR vert will be available, too.

The ad also confirms a KR vert will be available, too.

Another thing that doesn't sound right is they said they will ship the car to SAI once they get it to have the 40th done. Now WHY would they go through shipping it from SAI after they do the KR only to ship it right back again???? SAI is doing the KR package, aren't they? So why not just get it done while it is already there!

Another thing that doesn't sound right is they said they will ship the car to SAI once they get it to have the 40th done. Now WHY would they go through shipping it from SAI after they do the KR only to ship it right back again???? SAI is doing the KR package, aren't they? So why not just get it done while it is already there!

The KR IS the 40th Anniversary of the first KRs in 1968. Shelby's current 40th Anniversary upgrade is for MY 2007 only. I think this dealer is confused.

Also from the July issue of Motor Trend I received today, " The Shelby GT500KR on our June cover will cost a bit more than we estimated. Ford hasn't set a price, yet, for the 1000 examples to be built, but says sticker will be in the low- to mid- $60,000s."

The KR IS the 40th Anniversary of the first KRs in 1968. Shelby's current 40th Anniversary upgrade is for MY 2007 only. I think this dealer is confused.

Also from the July issue of Motor Trend I received today, " The Shelby GT500KR on our June cover will cost a bit more than we estimated. Ford hasn't set a price, yet, for the 1000 examples to be built, but says sticker will be in the low- to mid- $60,000s."

I agree. The dealer is confused between a conventional 40th ann pkg and the KR being the 40th ann edition.

If the same ratios hold true for the KR when compared to the pre-announced sticker for a GT500, then the KR will be about 8% more than the 60-65 grand once GG tax, destination fees and other miscellaneous charges are added to the base price.

Archived