TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Raxiom Gen 5 Tail Lights?

msbmustang

Thanks CMichaels and stkjock. All of those links/Vids were helpful to me. i will purchase a set...after I fix the P0171 error that came on tonight on my way to the Sharks game!

Thanks Everyone for your info and pics about the Raxion Gen 5 tail lights!

I will be buying a set...if they (hopefully) go on sale in a few months, or if I manage to find a job soon.

MSB Mustang / Mark

PS - Sharks beat the Jets 1 to 0 and the can of CRC MAF cleaner I bought from ORiley's on the way to the game solved the P0171 error, and my 2007 GT500 runs better now too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the return of Rafi and Logan will propel us to our first Stanley Cup this year!

I am enjoying my new Sharks "Power Decal" in the rear window of the GT500!

Does anyone else drive their GT500 to Sharks Games?

Mark / MSB Mustang

• 2 months later...

Sharks lost game 5 in SJ tonight. I sold my tickets because of their poor record in game 5's, which continued tonight...AND the main reason I sold the tickets was because I needed the extra time today to spend 6 hours cleaning up my old 2007 GT500 SVT#12 to look good at the Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show at the HMB Airport (Near El Granada and Moss Beach) tomorrow Sunday April 27.

I have spent the morning at the show helping the staff with parking of all the cars on the runway for many years now. After that the fun part is talking with the owners of the cars I helped to park. Should be a fun show tomorrow...if it doesn't rain!

If anyone in the SF Bay Area has some spare time tomorrow it is worth it just to see all the P51 Mustangs that fly in for the show. My house is just off the end of the runway and they have been flying over my house all day while I was outside preparing my 2007 GT500 for the show. A P51 Mustang is one of the few machines that sound better than our GT500's!

http://dreammachines.miramarevents.com/

Notice the GT500 in the background on the first page of the flyer on the website.

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow.

MSBMustang / Mark

I hope that Raxiom offers a oem Red looking lens for the Gen 5 type tail light. If you have a dark/Black tail light panel the smoked lens look Great (just like the 2013/2014 oem), but with some body color tail light panels, the Raxiom Gen 5's look too "aftermarket" IMHO............

pic2_zps0eebd55a.jpg

R

I found the same issue on my car with regular smoked tail lights.

The high contrast between the white and the smoked lenses made them appear to be maroon in colour.

I gave it a try for awhile but ended up switching back to oem.

Wonder if they run load resistors on those to prevent false bulb out indicators?

I found the same issue on my car with regular smoked tail lights.

The high contrast between the white and the smoked lenses made them appear to be maroon in colour.

I gave it a try for awhile but ended up switching back to oem.

Wonder if they run load resistors on those to prevent false bulb out indicators?

The smoked lenses look Great on a darker/black car, and aftermarket is cool in many cases, but sometimes can look out of place.

For now, I bought LED bulbs from Super Bright LED, they have a resistor incorporated into their bulb assy. and no need to add any resistors, simply plug and play. They are called "CANBus" LED bulbs and are made for vehicles that have an on-board lighting module that monitors vehicle lighting. <<They work Great!!

^^^^Actually I have added CANBus LED's to all exterior lighting on my car except the fogs, they are LED and match my factory HID's, but not CANBus.

Have you tried comparing current draw on those CANBus LED bulbs, against the oem bulbs?

Curious to know if their are any savings to be had, it's always nice to reduce the load on the alternator.

I've already switched a bunch of my stuff to leds as well, including car map/trunk/fog/license lights, truck dash/interior/glovebox/license lights and boat stern/bow/trailer lights.

I'll have to check out those CANBus lights for the rear car and truck lights, thanks for the heads up on them.

Have you tried comparing current draw on those CANBus LED bulbs, against the oem bulbs?

Curious to know if their are any savings to be had, it's always nice to reduce the load on the alternator.

I've already switched a bunch of my stuff to leds as well, including car map/trunk/fog/license lights, truck dash/interior/glovebox/license lights and boat stern/bow/trailer lights.

I'll have to check out those CANBus lights for the rear car and truck lights, thanks for the heads up on them.

I have not put a VOM across those CANBus LED's. My goal was to install LED's without having to splice in resistors to fool the lighting module.

That would be interesting to compare the two......

That is one exterior lighting that I have not upgraded, the license lighting. I also have not moved to the interior lighting.

I did replace my original 3rd brake with an LED module and it did require the addition of a resistor. I put an LED bulb behind my original oem 3rd brake lens and could not get the crisp clean Red that I have with the oem tail lights with LED's installed, so I had to upgrade the complete 3rd brake module. Now it all matches.

R

For the license light lights I went with a cool white T10 4 smd led bulb, and for the interior I believe they are cool white T10 5 smd led bulbs.

The ones I am using are the smaller smds too, the 5050s are larger and brighter.

I ordered a few different sizes off of eBay to try out, and with larger bulbs in each, I found them to be too bright.

For a power draw comparison, on my small EZ Loader trailer the oem bulbs draw 5.258 amps at 12.33 volts (running lights and brake lights on), and with led bulbs installed the draw dropped down to .436 amps at 12.33 volts. Mine are led bulbs with no resistors though, and I found with the cool white color they appeared brighter than the oem bulbs.

What 3rd brake light module did you go for, and how is the fit and finish on it?

For the license light lights I went with a cool white T10 4 smd led bulb, and for the interior I believe they are cool white T10 5 smd led bulbs.

The ones I am using are the smaller smds too, the 5050s are larger and brighter.

I ordered a few different sizes off of eBay to try out, and with larger bulbs in each, I found them to be too bright.

For a power draw comparison, on my small EZ Loader trailer the oem bulbs draw 5.258 amps at 12.33 volts (running lights and brake lights on), and with led bulbs installed the draw dropped down to .436 amps at 12.33 volts. Mine are led bulbs with no resistors though, and I found with the cool white color they appeared brighter than the oem bulbs.

What 3rd brake light module did you go for, and how is the fit and finish on it?

I bought the 3rd brake off of eBay, but I don't see it on there now. It is a clear/Red lens just like the oem tail light lenses, but it has an LED board behind it. All I see now is Clear/Chrome, Smoked Red, Chrome framed...........all of which look nothing like a clean oem look. The problem I had using the LED behind the factory 3rd brake was that the oem 3rd brake lens is not clear, and because it is not clear it would block some of the light giving the 3rd brake a different look from the tail light lenses that are clear/Red. <<It wasn't a huge deal, but this is the view that most people see (from behind), and I wanted it to all look right, oem but better, brighter, crisper.

R

Forgot to ask if you already have sequential flashers out back or not.

Not sure if the CANBus bulbs will work properly with them, you would think with the proper load resistor they should though.

Yes, the car got sequentials when it was out at the Mod Shop. The LED's work just like the oem bulbs, but they are brighter and the sequential action is more crisp, not lazy looking like you would find with a incandescent light bulb.

R

The OP was talking about the Gen5 Raxiom............I like the Raxiom tail lights that look like the oem 2010-2012, they are Red like oem but made to fit the 2007-2009, Very Nice!..................but I have an issue with them also, they have two reverse lights per tail light lens just like the 2010-2012 oem, but when the car is put in reverse only one of those two reverse lights per tail light lens is actually functional. I understand why this was done, because the oem 2007-2009 tail light wiring harness only has one reverse light socket per side.......I would be more than happy to splice a second reverse light socket into my oem harness to make the second reverse light on each side function..........but the Raxiom housing is not set-up to make that other reverse light lens per side functional..........

R

Robert M,

Thanks for the pic of both lights on your Red GT500. I think on my Tungsten they will look good.

Anyone else have a pic of the Raxiom's on a Tungsten or Grey Shelby/Mustang?

Also a pic with them on and off?

Thanks,

MSB Mustang / Mark

PS - Sharks Suck!!! Loose 4 in a row to LA!!!

Robert M,

Thanks for the pic of both lights on your Red GT500. I think on my Tungsten they will look good.

Anyone else have a pic of the Raxiom's on a Tungsten or Grey Shelby/Mustang?

Also a pic with them on and off?

Thanks,

MSB Mustang / Mark

PS - Sharks Suck!!! Loose 4 in a row to LA!!!

That was not my Red car, I grabbed that picture off of the internet for a comparison when these lights are discussed.

I have seen them on a Silver or Tungsten GT500, they do look better against that color car.

Check out this link..............

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?972163-New-2013-style-tail-lights-for-05-09-Installed-Pics-inside

R

Thanks Robert M,

Those are great pics! That is the color of my GT500 so it is a perfect example for me. I will be ordering a set of them very soon...unless I can find a used pair online that someone wants to get rid of because they did not like them?

MSBMustang / Mark

Thanks Robert M,

Those are great pics! That is the color of my GT500 so it is a perfect example for me. I will be ordering a set of them very soon...unless I can find a used pair online that someone wants to get rid of because they did not like them?

MSBMustang / Mark

I might be selling mine. Red is not the right color.

photo_zps821a132e.jpg

I might be selling mine. Red is not the right color.

photo_zps821a132e.jpg

If you have any interest in swapping them out please let me know. I bought the smoked Raxiom tail lights with the LED bulbs. Go figure as soon as I bought them the Gen 5 came out. The Gen 5 is growing on me and if I was replacing the stock ones I would have made the change but to replace a set I just bought is difficult. I have thought about getting the Gen 5 and just selling the smoked ones but who has the time.

post-8104-0-56678400-1399467404.jpg

post-8104-0-12019200-1399467874_thumb.jpg

If you have any interest in swapping them out please let me know. I bought the smoked Raxiom tail lights with the LED bulbs. Go figure as soon as I bought them the Gen 5 came out. The Gen 5 is growing on me and if I was replacing the stock ones I would have made the change but to replace a set I just bought is difficult. I have thought about getting the Gen 5 and just selling the smoked ones but who has the time.

I will buy'em, they are pricey new...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived