TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Legacy Bank Event 2014 6/21/14 Plano Tx

EL SHELBY

Agree 100%. Parking is the deciding factor.

That's one reason why I suggested Pluckers. Plus Pluckers is just a short distance up from the Hampton Inn on Old Shepard.

Let's rule out Quaker Steak and Lube and Holy Grail Pub.

It's down to Pluckers(Wing bar), Bonedaddy's(BBQ & scenery), and La Hacienda Ranch(Tex Mex).

Satellite view of Pluckers parking spaces in adjacent lots to South(Wells Fargo) and North(behind Anamia's Tex Mex).......

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pluckers+Wing+Bar/@33.0433798,-96.7931607,143m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xa741d5b35db4988b

Satellite view of Bonedaddy's...parking spaces all around plus a good row of them out back.....Bonedaddy's House of Smoke has really good food and the scenery is nice too. It's like a Hooter's BBQ joint but the food is really good. (seriously).

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.0519877,-96.829459,286m/data=!3m1!1e3

Satellite view of La Hacienda Ranch in Frisco ---- just a bit North up Preston Road. Great food, ample parking out back.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.113372,-96.8049104,143m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SVTSNAKE beat me to it! Was also hoping El Shelby would do a final weigh in.....in any event, general consensus is in and without further delay:

For all who can make it, Bone Daddy's it is ---- Friday 6/20 @ 6:00PM ------- Let it be said, let it be done -------

See you there. Has anyone called them to see if they will block of about 15-20 spaces for us? If not, I will.

If you would do the honors, that would be awesome!!!

We may have some members from fordgt500.com joining us Fri night!! Good group of owners over there also.

If you would do the honors, that would be awesome!!!

We may have some members from fordgt500.com joining us Fri night!! Good group of owners over there also.

I'll ask for about 20 spots.

Dwain, please go ahead and prime the pump with them and we'll tag team the effort. Since I am local, I had planned on going in person to speak with the manager(s) too. (any excuse to go to Bone Daddy's is fine with me!). Ask if/how we could reserve the spots for Friday 6/20(to arrive around 5:00pm to secure our area). Then, enlist a few other locals to meet me there early to "cone" it off. I'm sure it's going to be as busy there as it always is ----- especially Friday night....

SVTSNAKE, I lurk over on the FORDGT500 site and saw all the threads.....great group over there ...I should probably de-cloak sometime and meet the local Dallas group.....

I just got off the phone with Joni who apparently is a night manager. She was very enthusiastic about us coming but was hesitant to guanrtee 20 blocked off parking spaces in front of the resturant. I basically in a nice way told her if we didn't have blocked off parking we may not come..... She told me she would speak to Mike who is in charge because the regular GM is on vacation. I was adamant about the reasons for needing preferred parking and told her it could lead to some extra business due to our presents. She asked me to call back about this same time tomorrow.

I'll update tomorrow.

Dwain. Thanks. I won't make it there in person until this coming weekend. I see a Denine Ferraro is the GM(the one on vacation) from the below link.......

I was also thinking about inside seating logistics too....we can figure that out after we nail down the parking.

http://www.bonedaddys.com/locations.aspx

Confirmed by the manager, Joni. We can block off 20 spaces. The only hitch is we have to block them, the restaurant management cant do it for us. I have a few collapsible traffic cones I can bring.

Confirmed by the manager, Joni. We can block off 20 spaces. The only hitch is we have to block them, the restaurant management cant do it for us. I have a few collapsible traffic cones I can bring.

Nice!!! Good job. Do the best you can with what cones you have. As we start arriving we will start filling in the spaces and it should be OK.

Not sure about meet time for Sat morning. I'm sure we will discuss it while at Bone Daddy's and post it here for those who don't make it Fri night.

Far North Dallas/Plano/Frisco on a Friday night will be busy so plan on starting the evening fairly early to secure all the parking, although I suspect Bone Daddy's should be fine.

As for Saturday Morning, again plan to arrive early for prime parking. They have yet to completely fill the lot at the bank in prior events but with the added Shelby Trailers and Ford, there will be less available.

I plan to arrive no later than 7am Saturday.

John, zachman is bringing the GT-C and is going to park with two other GT-C'ers.(so far). We are trying to have as many GT-C's in one place as possible. Also, so far, we are going to have three 2008 Vista Blue SGT's.........you with your unique GT/SC, Jason's coupe, and one more Vert......

Signed up today and will be there with our Black SGT.

I performed an in person 6pm "recon" of the BoneDaddy's parking lot. Most of the North and East side parking spaces were empty. The entire back side(EAST) had zero vehicles and more than ample (20+ spaces)... Now, this was a Tuesday evening and not a Friday evening, however, with early arrival Friday (5pm), I'm certain we will have zero issue choosing spaces to block off. (it will be warm out there too).

Archived