TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Legacy Bank Event 2014 6/21/14 Plano Tx

EL SHELBY

Having lived and worked in the area near the bank no one should have any issues with the hotels and security. At least no more concerns then one might have in their own back yard. The area along Preston Rd from the George Bush (south of the bank) up through Frisco (north of the bank) is a very nice area.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus and I are at Hampton Inn near by. Our first time there so don't know how secure parking is.

Perry staying there too I believe.

I look forward to meeting you and seeing the Shelby's. Looks like this year i will not be the only alloy there.

I learned this afternoon that ESPN will be broadcasting from the show. That the Ford Raptor experience will be there and Shelby American will have 2 trailers featuring the 50th anniversary FIA Cobra.

I'm ready to go. Hoping all the Texas GT-C owners are still planning to attend!!! Can wait to meet everyone. Is there a particular hotel everyone is trying to stay at?

For sure! I thought some were looking at the Hampton Inn in Plano TX(Old Shepard Road) and Hampton Inn Frisco(Legacy Park). Also a Homewood Suites in Plano TX(Old Shepard)

Other Frisco Hilton properties ---- Homewood, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites all bound within the Dallas North Tollway, Gaylord Parkway/Warren Parkway area....

Marriott properties VERY close/down the street on Preston/Spring Creek area ---- Residence Inn, Townplace Suites.

Will send you mail offline...

For sure! I thought some were looking at the Hampton Inn in Plano TX(Old Shepard Road) and Hampton Inn Frisco(Legacy Park). Also a Homewood Suites in Plano TX(Old Shepard)

Other Frisco Hilton properties ---- Homewood, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites all bound within the Dallas North Tollway, Gaylord Parkway/Warren Parkway area....

Marriott properties VERY close/down the street on Preston/Spring Creek area ---- Residence Inn, Townplace Suites.

Will send you mail offline...

Sounds good. Look forward to hearing from you.

I learned this afternoon that ESPN will be broadcasting from the show. That the Ford Raptor experience will be there and Shelby American will have 2 trailers featuring the 50th anniversary FIA Cobra.

It gets better every year. Can't wait. See every one there.

John, zachman is bringing the GT-C and is going to park with two other GT-C'ers.(so far). We are trying to have as many GT-C's in one place as possible. Also, so far, we are going to have three 2008 Vista Blue SGT's.........you with your unique GT/SC, Jason's coupe, and one more Vert......

I look forward to meeting you and seeing the Shelby's. Looks like this year i will not be the only alloy there.

Sweet!!! Very rare to see another Alloy!!! Not the rarest color, but the rarest to be seen together....

3 of Houston owners staying at:

Hampton Inn Plano-North Dallas

4901 Old Sheppard Place | Plano | TX | United States 75093

If we don't all stay at the same hotel, we need to meet up and drive in as a group!!!

For those that have not registered the following was just out.

We received your car registration!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in our upcoming 5th Annual Shelby Car Show presented by LegacyTexas Bank and the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas. As always, we are excited to have you participate in our car show this year. If this is your first time to display a car, we welcome you to one of the biggest car shows in the Southwest. This one day event is free to the public and car participants and will feature Shelby American’s latest vehicles, including the 624 HP Shelby GT/SC and the limited addition 50th Anniversary Shelby FIA Cobra. It commemorates Shelby American’s 1964 introduction of the FIA version of the small block Cobra and celebrates its accomplishments as one of the most important cars in American racing history.

The show will kick off at 10:00 a.m. with Shelby American’s high performance line-up which includes:

• The terrain-dominating Shelby Raptor
  • The wickedly powerful GT500 Super Snake
  • Cars from the Shelby family’s private collection

Some of the new features of the show you can expect to see this year are:

• Ford’s Ultimate Fan Zone
  • Ford’s Spin to Win Prize Wheel
  • And making its Texas debut, introducing the new Carroll Shelby Merchandise Trailer. For the first time, fans will have a chance to purchase Shelby merchandise during the event from the Carroll Shelby’s Store merchandise trailer. Carroll Shelby’s Store “on wheels” will carry die casts, signs and authentic Shelby apparel which includes hats, jackets and shirts. It will have a unique selection of rare memorabilia such as legacy items signed by Carroll Shelby and limited edition prints.

Also on hand this year is ESPN’s favorite sportscaster and voice of the Mavericks, Chuck Cooperstein, who will be here onsite from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. talking live with Aaron Shelby about our show and giving away ESPN prizes.

We anticipate about 175+ Mustangs and Cobras this year with a large fan base following. If you have a friend or colleague that would be interested in displaying their Mustang or Cobra, please have them contact me or refer them to our LegacyTexas Bank website:

https://www.legacytexasbank.com/about/shelby-car-show

Again, thank you to the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas for participating again this year and to Jeff Sol for helping us coordinate details and getting the word out to all the Clubs. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Stay tuned for upcoming details . . . when to arrive, where to check in . . . etc.

As always, please contact me with any questions.

See you at the 5th Annual Shelby Car Show!

Ginger

post-24566-0-87012100-1401993694_thumb.jpg

I have already booked a hotel reservation at a hotel, it would be really cool if we could all zero in at the same place. Driving in Friday in time for cleaning car and spending Saturday night also. Keep me posted on a hotel close to the Legacy Bank. Great time last year. GG

I know this car wash place is always busy with all kinds of cars. I drive by it all the time. I will go scope them out to ensure it's purely a no touch. I'll look for others too.

Aquazoom Carwash
6312 Preston Rd
Plano, TX 75024

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Aquazoom+Carwash/@33.059603,-96.795775,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x4d1d4e4ccbe57c29

Wherever y'all decide is good with me. I wonder if any of those places would be willing to block off some parking for us??

Wherever y'all decide is good with me. I wonder if any of those places would be willing to block off some parking for us??

Well if anyone is local and get some spots reserved for us, we would have a winner!!

Let's look at it this way......which place has the...... BEST PARKING AVAILABLE?

I am pretty picky on where I park, as I am sure you all are!!

This should be the deciding factor in my opinion.

Anyone familiar with all these places that can chime in with the parking situation?

Beer all taste the same no matter where you get it. Food is probably last on the criteria list.

fordgt500 says there is ample parking at Bonedaddy's..... but I don't want to be stuck to that one place if everyone prefers somewhere else.

I'm good with whatever as long as parking is good!!

Archived