TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Legacy Bank Event 2014 6/21/14 Plano Tx

EL SHELBY

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I performed an in person 6pm "recon" of the BoneDaddy's parking lot. Most of the North and East side parking spaces were empty. The entire back side(EAST) had zero vehicles and more than ample (20+ spaces)... Now, this was a Tuesday evening and not a Friday evening, however, with early arrival Friday (5pm), I'm certain we will have zero issue choosing spaces to block off. (it will be warm out there too).

Awesome, nice recon job!

Is there a do-it yourself car wash close to Legacy Area?

Haha....I'm actually contemplating NOT cleaning and showing up with the dirtiest Shelby!!

Really just being lazy....but just thinking about it.

See everyone at the show Saturday morning, it was raining in Texarkana, AR so I postponed leaving to keep car out of rain, as with the last couple of trips thousands of skeeters committed suicide by my windshield and bumper prior to my arrival at midnight in Plano, Tx at the LaQuinta on 4600 West Plano Parkway.

Was unable to wash car tonight and may not be able to find anywhere in the morning open prior to start of check-in at Legacy. I never show my car not washed, but hope everyone understands. This is not the show and shine you would want to miss. If it goes as in past years we will all have a blast. I will be with the Black Shelby GT/BJ with red stripes that has crud on it. I did bring windex so the windows will be clean.

Regards.... GG

Guys,

That was one of the best car shows Ive ever attended.

Huge, huge, huge thanks to Aaron Shelby, Jeff Sol, President of SCAT, Gary and Sam with Shelby and all the goodies they brought, Scott Black with Timepiece Marketing, and ALL of you guys that did a TREMENDOUS job representing Team Shelby with your enthusiasm, friendliness, approachability and shall we not forget your awesome cars! I honestly could not be any more proud to be part of this group.

Special thanks to my brother Sean, and SMC Events for his help getting me and my stuff up here.

Can't wait to do it all again!

Great time!

Agreed, probally the best show I've ever been to. Glad I got to finally got to meet some of the people that make Team Shelby GREAT!!

Guys,

That was one of the best car shows Ive ever attended.

Huge, huge, huge thanks to Aaron Shelby, Jeff Sol, President of SCAT, Gary and Sam with Shelby and all the goodies they brought, Scott Black with Timepiece Marketing, and ALL of you guys that did a TREMENDOUS job representing Team Shelby with your enthusiasm, friendliness, approachability and shall we not forget your awesome cars! I honestly could not be any more proud to be part of this group.

Special thanks to my brother Sean, and SMC Events for his help getting me and my stuff up here.

Can't wait to do it all again!

Could not agree more! Each year Aaron Shelby and the Legacy Bank Team out do the year prior and this year was no exception. There were a little over 200 Vehicals on display including the 2015 Anniversary Mustang GT and the 2013 Tribute GT500 wide body.

We are extremely fortunate to have the Shelby Family and the Texas Legacy Bank here in North Texas to host such a warm and relaxing event!

I want to send a special thanks to everyone who drove in from Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Taxarkana, Odessa, Tyler, and from North of the Red River. It was great meeting some folks for the first time as well as catching up with some long time friends.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

And, did anyone else notice the Carbon rotors on the 2014 SGT? Looks like SA has a few surprises coming our way!

I agree. What a great show ----- and some of the best folks I've ever met too ------ I want to especially thank the entire Legacy Bank gang, Shelby Family, Jeff and the SCAT gang(Jason, John, and everyone) and especially my Grabber Orange GT-C friends for making this a very special show for me ---- we had 3 GT-C's at this show and it was a real treat ------

Dwain and my other GT-C friends ----- thanks for everything.....

I did not think you could top last year and this was by far the best show and shine I have every attended three years in a row. The Legacy Bank folks and SCAT did an outstanding job of pulling off another premier event. You could tell from check in till the event ended it was well planned, well organized, and they didn't cut any corners on financing. Check in was smooth for all the folks that preregistered with every name in alphabetically order, goody bags, and VIP Event pass for your neck were top notch. There were $10 bucks in food coupons in the goody bag with other stuff including a high quality t-shirt. Everywhere you went there were huge tubs filled with ice and cold water bottles, a great band playing some great music from the day and I could just go on and on. I also joined SCAT and they had great t-shirts for the event.

One of the things I noticed this year is more and more folks are arriving early as our group of four vehicles did at 7am to get prime parking. The weather was great this year with a light cool breeze. One of the best selections of Mustangs and Cobras I have ever seen. A couple of my favorites were the Barn Find Shelby and the Prototype 2015 Ford Mustang GT Anniversary Edition, which was well guarded and protected. This is one awesome Mustang and could be the best one ever. It was sweet. I wish they had let us look inside with the doors open. It was roped off. The Ford folks gave up no info about the car either.

More than anything else, I was able to spend time with many of my forum friends and just chill and relax under a shade tree. A special thanks to Jason, Dave, Dwaine, John, Melody, Mike and many others that just kind of hung out together. Many new faces this year and there were no strangers. Did I mention I had a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I am already looking forward to next years event. If you missed this one, keep a heads up and/or e-mail Ginger at legacy bank to get on the e-mail list. Barbie and I ended the day with seafood at Hook, Line & Sinker at 17602 Preston in Plano with Oysters on the halve shell, fried shrimp, and a "cold one"

This is one event where I always feel welcome and learn a lot about our Shelby's. Gary Patterson did not give up much if any info under heavy questioning (interrogation) from Springer. He was very vague, but did pretty much say stay tuned from Shelby on the 2015 Mustangs and Shelby future plans.

Hopefully someone can post up some pics from this car show.

Regards.............. GG

Ah, I see a picture of 08SGT2247 The Barrett Jackson automatic convertible with autographs from Carroll/Craig/Steve/Amy and I think Gary Bennett (the latter being added after I had the originals done. The color accents on the inside were done by the guy that bought it from me. It was then sold at Barrett Jackson in Florida and eventually bought by Rick Hendricks (NASCAR) and subsequently sold to a new member here.

Best event ever. Special thanks to Aaron Shelby, Legacy Bank Staff and SCAT for a world class show. Every year it just gets bigger and better.

Great to see all of our old friends and meet new ones.

See you next year.

Dave, Melody, Zach

Awesome event!!! I'm not much of a car show person and this was by far the most enjoyable one I have attended. A special thanks to everyone who made it happen, from SCAT and Jeff Sol to the Legacy Bank team and Aaron Shelby!!!

A sidenote, several folks asked about "The Tank" (radiator and intercooler tanks) I have in my car. It comes from M-H Racing, check them out here: http://m-hracing.com

Ah, I see a picture of 08SGT2247 The Barrett Jackson automatic convertible with autographs from Carroll/Craig/Steve/Amy and I think Gary Bennett (the latter being added after I had the originals done. The color accents on the inside were done by the guy that bought it from me. It was then sold at Barrett Jackson in Florida and eventually bought by Rick Hendricks (NASCAR) and subsequently sold to a new member here.

We were told the current owner had the car up for sale again during the Legacy Bank Shelby Show Saturday. I do not know the price. There were two verts and one hardtop SGT/BJ cars at the show.

GG

We were told by the current owner the car is for sale again during the Legacy Bank Shelby Show Saturday. I do not know the price. There were two verts and one hardtop SGT/BJ cars at the show.

GG

Yeah, he offered it back to me but I don't like (actually hate) the new interior... So I passed. Even the boss (who gave me permission to buy it back) didn't like it in the current configuration.

Was that your other BJ SGT?

To all that attended and made this another great show at Legacy Bank such a success, thank you for attending. It was wonderful seeing old friends again and talking all things Shelby. I had an interesting conversation with Gary Patterson, but he swore Glenn and I to keep it all to ourselves, but, with that said, it looks like the future will be very interesting from SAI.

It was also great to see so many in attendance from parts other than the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

Stay tuned for next year when SCAT celebrates its 25th anniversary.

Yeah, he offered it back to me but I don't like (actually hate) the new interior... So I passed. Even the boss (who gave me permission to buy it back) didn't like it in the current configuration.

Was that your other BJ SGT?

Tony,

I was there and took a good look at your former car. I knew it was yours and it appears to be still in very good condition. The current owner used the same Barrett Jackson Logos on all his seats as I did. I know what I spent on just getting the two headrests and arm rest done, so I can just imagine what was spent on a redo of the whole interior with logo, signatures, red stitching, red inserts, and new carpet. I believe the correct medical diagnosis you are going through with 2247 is separation anxiety and the need to buy it and bring it home to Las Vegas. When I went by BJ 2247 I looked for the owner and no one was around it, I wanted to speak to him about the car. He had a couple of displays on the engine with info on the car including the sale at Barrett Jackson with the lot number when it went through auction. Torch Red (Mike) had the BJ Coupe parked on the North side of the lot as your former BJ 2247 and I was parked over with Springer (John), Zachman (Dave), Dwain and Jason on the South side of the lot. You really need to come down next year for this event. There were a couple of Ford GTs on the lot, a really nice silver one parked under the awning at the entrance to the bank.

Regards gg

Archived