TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hankook 285/35/19 Ventus Tires On Front Of 2010 Gt500

Brad Barnett

I plan on putting these tires on my 2010 Gt 500 and have purchased them for the rear but I dont see how they will fit on the front without hitting a bolt on the shock tower. There is only about a 1/4" at best clearance if I move the Goodyear rear tires to the front and the Hankook are wider. I have stock suspension and stock 19" wheels. I dont want to modify the front suspension but would like to have the same size tires all around if possible, I know of several others who have these tires on 07 and 09 500's without any problems. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I plan on putting these tires on my 2010 Gt 500 and have purchased them for the rear but I dont see how they will fit on the front without hitting a bolt on the shock tower. There is only about a 1/4" at best clearance if I move the Goodyear rear tires to the front and the Hankook are wider. I have stock suspension and stock 19" wheels. I dont want to modify the front suspension but would like to have the same size tires all around if possible, I know of several others who have these tires on 07 and 09 500's without any problems. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi Brad,

I have 285/35-19 Bridgestone RE-11s on all 4 corners of my 2010 (stock suspension and rims) and have no clearance issues at all. Tread width on the Bridgestones are actually a 1/2" wider than the Hankooks and the same overall diameter. Hope this helps.

Mark

Hi Brad,

I have 285/35-19 Bridgestone RE-11s on all 4 corners of my 2010 (stock suspension and rims) and have no clearance issues at all. Tread width on the Bridgestones are actually a 1/2" wider than the Hankooks and the same overall diameter. Hope this helps.

Mark

Ok thanks that helps a lot!!!

I have those exact same tires on my 2011 GT500. I have Hancook Ventus V12 285/35/19 on all corners. I have had no problems with clearance issues. I doubt there's any difference between the '11's and the '10's. My car is a DD plus I have gone to a few track days last year. Last year I did the Summit Point track days with Team Shelby as well as the full course and grand course at VIR with TrackDaze. I did about 30 1/4 mile passes last year as well. VIR and 1/4 mile passes were in November so it was already getting pretty cold. Around 40 plus minus a few degrees. Experienced a little bit of fluries at VIR come to think of it. There was another small road course that I went to here in Jersey. The tires performed very well. I had no problems with them whatsoever. I will be buying another set for this season.

I have those exact same tires on my 2011 GT500. I have Hancook Ventus V12 285/35/19 on all corners. I have had no problems with clearance issues. I doubt there's any difference between the '11's and the '10's. My car is a DD plus I have gone to a few track days last year. Last year I did the Summit Point track days with Team Shelby as well as the full course and grand course at VIR with TrackDaze. I did about 30 1/4 mile passes last year as well. VIR and 1/4 mile passes were in November so it was already getting pretty cold. Around 40 plus minus a few degrees. Experienced a little bit of fluries at VIR come to think of it. There was another small road course that I went to here in Jersey. The tires performed very well. I had no problems with them whatsoever. I will be buying another set for this season.

Thanks OT!! I was planning on taking it on the track at Laguna Seca since I only live about 20 min drive from there and also wondering how the tires would work for that. Also what kind of wear did you get on the Hancooks?Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Archived