TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member From Michigan

TJB

Hello all,

My name is Takashi. I'm Japanese and has been living in Michigan for 3 years.

I finally upgraded to Shelby GT500 after 2 years with 2011 V6. She is 2008, performance white without stripes and 34000 miles on odometer. Came to my garage December 31 2013. She is not a super beauty with some scratches and paint wares on front and rear facia but I love it!! I might be yelled at but she is going to be my daily driver so that's OK for now - I'll repair those and start modification after I get used to the stock car's performance. The great deal with my local dealer helped me to save some money for future modification too :-)

I've been learning a lot in this forum and been impressed that there were so many knowledgeable and kind people here. I hope to keep learning in this community and make friends.

I might have to go back to Japan in next 3-5 years but even so I will bring her back to Japan for sure as GT500 had always been in my dream!

Lastly, please forgive me my poor English, I'll try to communicate as much as possible through this forum and also in person by attending any events. In case you do not understand my "Janglish (Japanese+English)" just let me know saying 'Help me understand your language Takashi!!'.

I learned hesitation is no good in this country :-)

Let me post the picture I took with my phone... Today is the first day of 2014 to pull her out to driveway due to snow... I'll take good ones as the modification progresses.

Thanks and look forward to see you somewhere after the snow is going away...

Takashipost-42548-0-49838000-1390182025_thumb.jpg

post-42548-0-49838000-1390182025_thumb.jpg

Thank you for warm welcome words folks.

cbrbear, I'm in suburb of Detroit.

Rattlesnake, look forward to see you sometime as you are in the same area!

deeperyet, I'm from Nagoya - 2 hours west of Yokohama.

TJB,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your GT500. Stay tuned here for events in your area.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/97-great-lakes/

Thank you SVT NAJA. I will check out the event there!! Btw your Japanese was OK ;)

Welcome to TeamShelby, good luck with the new ride..................( your English is fine )

Thanks. I'll learn more both English and Shelby. Your rides are beautiful!!

Welcome to Team Shelby, congratulations.

Thank you! I'm very excited to ride around my white one. I like your ride's color - it stands out in the snow here ;)

Thank you SVT NAJA. I will check out the event there!! Btw your Japanese was OK ;)

タカシ, 私は私の挨拶が正確であるであろうことを確信していませんでした、それで私は私のメッセージを編集しました。 あなたの英語はずっともっと良いです!

Welcome to TS Takashi.

First event you should attempt to make is the 50th Mustang event in Charlotte as many TS members will be there and a lot will park in the M.O.R.E area right outside the entrance. There are 3 of us at present heading down from Michigan for our annual Spring Cruising the Smokies (look at our post) in "Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies to Charlotte" and maybe you will want to jump in on the trip.

We are leaving from my home in Allen Michigan (SW of Lansing about an hour) around 7 a.m. on April 13. We have 3 days planned of driving the mountains prior to getting to Charlotte. I have not posted our Michigan leaving route yet, but plan on doing so within the next few days. The route through the mountains is as set forth on the forum post.

One of the members is outside Grand Rapids and the other is just North of you in Clark Lake.

タカシ, 私は私の挨拶が正確であるであろうことを確信していませんでした、それで私は私のメッセージを編集しました。 あなたの英語はずっともっと良いです!

ありがとうございます。あなたの日本語もすばらしいです。And thank you for your complement on my English. How did you learn Japanese?

Welcome to TS Takashi.

First event you should attempt to make is the 50th Mustang event in Charlotte as many TS members will be there and a lot will park in the M.O.R.E area right outside the entrance. There are 3 of us at present heading down from Michigan for our annual Spring Cruising the Smokies (look at our post) in "Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies to Charlotte" and maybe you will want to jump in on the trip.

We are leaving from my home in Allen Michigan (SW of Lansing about an hour) around 7 a.m. on April 13. We have 3 days planned of driving the mountains prior to getting to Charlotte. I have not posted our Michigan leaving route yet, but plan on doing so within the next few days. The route through the mountains is as set forth on the forum post.

One of the members is outside Grand Rapids and the other is just North of you in Clark Lake.

Thanks! I really wish I could attend the event but unfortunately I have to be staying in Japan for the first 2 weeks of April... I hope I could have another chance to meet with you folks in the area soon....

Welcome to the family and to owning a great Shelby car! Folks here are very helpful and more than willing to assist you with questions and needs.

If you have not had a chance, please consider registering as the new owner with the Shelby registry at the link in my signature line below.

All the best to you enjoy,

David

Welcome Takashi. I know I will see you on our FB page often.

Thank you sir. I know l'll get my Facebook active...

Welcome to the family and to owning a great Shelby car! Folks here are very helpful and more than willing to assist you with questions and needs.

If you have not had a chance, please consider registering as the new owner with the Shelby registry at the link in my signature line below.

All the best to you enjoy,

David

Thank you David. I'm very excited to be a part of the family! I have just registered and ordered the certificate.

Welcome to the family !!!

Larry T, Thank you !!! Lots of snow in Canada, Eh?!

ありがとうございます。あなたの日本語もすばらしいです。And thank you for your complement on my English. How did you learn Japanese?

隆、
私は何年も前の高校にいたとき、私は日本に堪能だった地理インストラクターを持っていた。彼は4つの主要な島々についての私達に教えていたとき、彼はそれが母国語の命令を関連付けることが重要だと思った。私は、私の興味はそれから始めたと思います。

I need to go Charlotte!!! It must be a lot of fun!!!! .... Does anyone wants to go Japan instead of me? ;-)

I will go to Japan for you and you take my place in Charlotte. LOL

隆、

私は何年も前の高校にいたとき、私は日本に堪能だった地理インストラクターを持っていた。彼は4つの主要な島々についての私達に教えていたとき、彼はそれが母国語の命令を関連付けることが重要だと思った。私は、私の興味はそれから始めたと思います。

SVT NAJA, It's difficult to learn different language especially Japanese and English has completely different structure... When I speak English 50% of my brain is used just to speak English... By the way my first name is 敬 not 隆. Same pronounciation but different Kanji character....

I will go to Japan for you and you take my place in Charlotte. LOL

DEAL!! Lol.

Welcome - there is a great bunch of people on this forum and there will be many cool events for you to attend. Be careful driving this winter, 500 HP and snow could be a dangerous mix.

Thank you IASHELBYGT, I'll be careful... I realized its next to impossible to drive on the snow....

• 4 months later...

Hi Takashi, I am also in suburb of Detroit (Sterling Heights). I have a 2011 GT500 and is currently down due to waiting for some replacement parts. I will take another 3 weeks to get it back on the road. Maybe we can get together sometime later so we can meet. Have fun.

Archived