TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Taillights Mod

Installed the Raxiom taillights last night and they look great! Was concerned about them being smoked but the led lights light up so much brighter and overall a huge improvement over the RED lenses. Next will be the headlights as any of you know with the 05-09 Mustangs the factory headlights are not very bright

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

I forget, installation was probably the easiest thing you can ever do! unscrew and pop out then put new ones in and screw in that simple

Not my cup of tea but, one, it is your car and, two, it does appear to be a quality set up. I would not have guessed you could get the brightness you have.

Jim

I was hesitant about doing it because I don't like the look of smoked taillight or headlight lenses but have to admit now its much better looking at because the factory lenses are really Red! The brightness you get on backup lighting is amazing but can't take that pic my myself. I'll take another pic at pitch dark to really show how bright

Awesome upgrade .... share more pics when you get a chance.

first is head lights then brake lights then backup lights so bright is an understatement

I was about 10 ft behind it with an iphone camera so the camera makes it looking blinding but its not. 1,000 times better lighting then factory so for sure changing the headlights

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

first is head lights then brake lights then backup lights so bright is an understatement

I was about 10 ft behind it with an iphone camera so the camera makes it looking blinding but its not. 1,000 times better lighting then factory so for sure changing the headlights

Where did you buy those?

Great mod, thanks for sharing. I have been going between this and another Raxiom LED taillight set that looks OEM for my '08. I like the look of the '13 style but it seems out of place on this generation of car. I will definitely go back thru your pictures and make a decision.

I had the one of the first sets on a Shelby, I was a AM "tester"

If they already make and sell an improved assembly for the 10-12' MYs, Do you know why they won't do the LED version for those?

These lights look nice for the 05-09 Mustangs. I wonder why the center lights for brakes and turn signals don't really fill up the entire center section of the light ?

Can be seen to only have four sections that light up and looks like room for more lights in there.

Would be safer if they lit up. On the web site of Amer. Muscle they have a comparison of the 13-14 rear tail lights and this set.

They really are not as clear or bright.

Maybe they will come out with a set that isn't smoked and maybe fill the center section with led's ?

Appreciate all the info folks are posting here, helpful information...

These lights look nice for the 05-09 Mustangs. I wonder why the center lights for brakes and turn signals don't really fill up the entire center section of the light ?

Can be seen to only have four sections that light up and looks like room for more lights in there.

Would be safer if they lit up. On the web site of Amer. Muscle they have a comparison of the 13-14 rear tail lights and this set.

They really are not as clear or bright.

Maybe they will come out with a set that isn't smoked and maybe fill the center section with led's ?

Appreciate all the info folks are posting here, helpful information...

the center section has reverse lights as well

If they already make and sell an improved assembly for the 10-12' MYs, Do you know why they won't do the LED version for those?

they don't make them for the 10-12s, they said they are not going to, they didn't explain why

the center section has reverse lights as well

they don't make them for the 10-12s, they said they are not going to, they didn't explain why

Not making them for 10-12 makes sense as Ford built a lot less and the taillights look similar anyway I guess... I don't like the smoke look but they are far better than factory

I like the lights, but only if the car has a full black back panel, don't work for me. Ford designers painted that panel black on the 13 for a reason.

I agree. I love these on my Boss and I like the brightness, I'm just not to keen on the style for the 05-09 rear end.

Archived