TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any News On Razor Wheels?

1BAD500

If you want to read through it, this thread has all the good, the bad, and the ugly. Basically, as of now the new Razors are in stock at American Muscle, but they have not started selling the new ones with the proper offset yet. But if you watch this thread, as soon as they start selling them, I'm sure somebody will post it up.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79618-return-of-the-razors-added-poll-info/?hl=razor

Jeff, so if I want the 10" razors for my rears, your saying the ones they got now wont work? I had a set of razors I put 305s or 315s on (10") on my first 2008 gt500 and they rubbed the fender. Is that the offset they are currently selling, but have a better offset for ours?

Im asking so people can get the cliffnote version of the importance of this without reading 30 pages.

What brakes do you have on the rear? If stock brakes, the 10" Razors will work just fine. If multi piston calipers, like a Brembo type with inner and outer pistons, they would not work without some amount of spacer which is usually not a good idea. Now if you have larger rotors but still utilizing a one piston (inner) caliper, then the 10" Razors should work fine. I have the 10" Razors and they work fine on the rear with factory brakes. 10" Razors will not be offered in the style that fits over big caliper brakes.

P.S. If anybody wants to send me a bunch of brake kits I'll test fit stuff all day long!!! :hysterical::runaway:

• 8 months later...

I spoke to American Racing last week and one of their customer service reps told me that they do not have any plans to make the 20" American Racing Shelby Razor wheels that were initially put on the 07 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary mustangs. Apparently there was a huge fallout between Shelby and American Racing.

I spoke to American Racing last week and one of their customer service reps told me that they do not have any plans to make the 20" American Racing Shelby Razor wheels that were initially put on the 07 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary mustangs. Apparently there was a huge fallout between Shelby and American Racing.

I would double check with a different person at American Racing. Just last week Shelby placed an order for a group buy of at least 20 sets of the silver 20" Razor rims. Here is a link to the thread. Post # 56 confirms the order.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85977-group-buy-ii-20-exclusive-staggered-razor-wheeltire-package-in-silver/

Z-man

Archived