TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Anything Ever Happen In Northern Va?

sheppd01

+1 DC to FL is a big region. Bob does a great job but it seems that most events occur in the southern part of the region. They need to consider creating a Mid-Atlantic region.

You aren't kidding! I know there are more Shelby guys somewhere around the Mid Atlantic but little to no activity. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in NC. Hardly any activity from Shelby guys around here. For events, we have a choice between, VIR, Carolina Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road and Atlanta Motorsports Park and probably some others I've missed. Would be nice to have more Shelby guys to pal around with.

• 2 months later...

We've been trying to get the Mid Atlantic thing going for a long time. Carl (08SGT1234) fought the good fight a few years back to no avail. It's too bad too, cause just as you all have stated above FL to DC is way too big, heck, FL alone is almost the same size of three of the states above it mileage wise. It NEEDS to be redone, change is good, and inevitable for whoever is responsible for the zoning

Would be good if there was some way of gathering data on current Shelby owners regionally along with mailing address and other contact info. That would be step one.....

My wife and I live in Manassas, VA, and although it's not exclusively Shelby owners, we enjoy taking part in activities with the Northern Virginia Mustang Club. http://www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com They have drag days out at Mason Dixon Dragway in Maryland, go to shows in the area, and participate and host cruises. It doesn't cost anything to join, and they hold every other Saturday meetings out near the Dulles Expo Center. Check it out and stop by for a meeting. They're a great bunch of people with a diversity of cars and interests.

--Scott

Archived