TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Gt500 Front Splitter

amrap

I had a 2007 Saleen S281 Extreme that came from the factory with a Carbon Fiber Front Splitter. The car also had a CF rear diffuser, so the front / rear of the car matched. I had to replace it after about 4K because i hit driveways, a parking block, etc. It eventually cracked.

If you have the cash for replacement, it looks cool, and would look even better if you bought all the plastic parts on the car in CF. Siebon sells the one piece splitter, lower & upper grill, hood vent, hood scoop, Gurney Flap, rear license plate surround & rear diffuser.

I'd only change the front splitter if I replaced all of these parts. Otherwise, it looks out of place being the only carbon part on the car combined with the risk of damage / replacement cost; not worth it to me.

Planning a little upgrade on mine, we molded a new piece from the stock version and then did a lower "APR" type Boss 302 lip in ALUMINUM. I have some wacky thing going on my head that I really like the look of the bare metal on my car. I'll post photos when its done, but I think it will be unique looking if nothing else. Personally, I like the stock too. But, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. ;)

Planning a little upgrade on mine, we molded a new piece from the stock version and then did a lower "APR" type Boss 302 lip in ALUMINUM. I have some wacky thing going on my head that I really like the look of the bare metal on my car. I'll post photos when its done, but I think it will be unique looking if nothing else. Personally, I like the stock too. But, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. ;)

gallery_38996_1893_79316.jpg

Nothing wacky about that. What you describe should complement your rims and heat extractor quite nicely. I look forward to pictures...

• 1 month later...

I have the carbon fiber splitter as well as carbon fiber hood vent, Under hood radiator support panel and up by the windshield (where the wipers are, I have no idea what that piece is called!). I get a lot of compliments on it, but one unfortunate tap on a tall parking block was all it took to crack the front splitter, and it really bites having to replace a $700 + piece so the car looks perfect again. I am holding off for now, but I know I will cave and get it, it looks really great! Just fragile as all get out for the piece of the car that has the highest chance of incidental contact with a curb or driveway.

i have them both,the stock.and carbon fiber front and rear ,they look great on the car, i just sold the 2 front carbon splitters and put back the stock with the 2013 upgrade,the car has a lower apperance, i love the look of carbon fiber , some don't,but it gives the car a great look,like julie said one tap or scrape and you want to take it off and put a new one on,and that very costly,my carbon fiber cost me ,2 front ones almost $900+ plus shipping, $1100 rear plus shipping, and heat extractor $300 plus shipping,not cheap,but looks great,go for the carbon lol

Im agree w Norton, stock is preferred. The carbon splitters take a beating and get chipped up quite a bit on the leading edge. For $100, I can replace my stock splitter.

Yes. I have an extra stock splitter in case it gets beat up. I have to agree with the stock look, but to each his/her own.

Pete

Archived