TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking To Spend 40K On A Used Gt500Kr ( 2008 )

Jewish Santa

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found a Silver 09 in Colorado Springs for 49K. A bit over your price, but he may be willing to negotiate.

The car has 240 miles on it and it looks like it's CSM # 0040.

AK.

Hmm. I wonder it that's "Uncle Ron's" KR? He sold it for $55K shortly after buying it at Phil Long Motor City.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

Just found a Silver 09 in Colorado Springs for 49K. A bit over your price, but he may be willing to negotiate.

The car has 240 miles on it and it looks like it's CSM # 0040.

AK.

I picked this one up last week Car is MINT, Flawless, never seen rain, and barely Light of day, he had all the paperwork from day one. Car was actually a dealer transfer from MI to Colorado. It had 236 Miles on it, and now has 800. It was a great ride home to Utah, If you can find a almost NEW KR for any price in the 40K to 49K range I think now is the time too Buy. I did pay a little less than his asking price but not much as it was as described. The Axle tubes, on the rear are still rust free. Don't see many like that. It has every piece of paperwork, and all books, and Uninstalled Brake kit.

I picked this one up last week Car is MINT, Flawless, never seen rain, and barely Light of day, he had all the paperwork from day one. Car was actually a dealer transfer from MI to Colorado. It had 236 Miles on it, and now has 800. It was a great ride home to Utah, If you can find a almost NEW KR for any price in the 40K to 49K range I think now is the time too Buy. I did pay a little less than his asking price but not much as it was as described. The Axle tubes, on the rear are still rust free. Don't see many like that. It has every piece of paperwork, and all books, and Uninstalled Brake kit.

That's a steal in my book. Keep that car and laugh all the way to the bank in years to come.

Congrats on the find. I wonder why your axle tubes are rust free? Do you think it was pre treated with a rust inhibitor? I looked at mine the other day and it is almost orange now.

Congrats on the find. I wonder why your axle tubes are rust free? Do you think it was pre treated with a rust inhibitor? I looked at mine the other day and it is almost orange now.

That's easy, you live in Virginia, this car has been kept indoors in Colorado. :) We have both lack of oxygen and hummidity!

Ya, it has never sat outside, so I am sure that helped, the tubes are still shiney, but the center has a lite hit of rust showing in some spots, But all in all, the car looks Brand new. Hell he never installed the NAV disc in the dang thing, This is my 3rd KR, and by far the nicest one I have bought, I did pay more for it than my last too, but I sold both of them for good Profits. I didnt buy this one to re-sell unless for some reason I have too. If so as long as I brake even I am fine with that.

That's easy, you live in Virginia, this car has been kept indoors in Colorado. :) We have both lack of oxygen and hummidity!

That will do it! You can add salt air to that as well. The car spent its first 3 years in Dallas TX. When I got it, it was pretty much covered in surface rust. I would say it has increased marginally. I eventually plan to take care of my rusty butt.

Found a black shelby gt500kr going for 36000 at a dealer in Texas. Has 105000 miles. One owner car used it as a daily driver I'm assuming. Car fax shows it was maintained. Wondering if it was a good deal. Here's a vid.

Looks like a dent in the rear deck lid....anyone else see that? Also sounds high to me on price with that many miles on it...

Andy

I picked up on that too. Fairly easy fix. Agree with over 100,000 miles that price is too high.

• 2 weeks later...

09KR0343, so 09 that was built AFTER the clutch upgrade. It is red/silver. Also got a bunch of stuff when Shelby was selling off KR specific stuff for sale with the car at cost, I eat the shipping I paid.

09KR0343, so 09 that was built AFTER the clutch upgrade. It is red/silver. Also got a bunch of stuff when Shelby was selling off KR specific stuff for sale with the car at cost, I eat the shipping I paid.

How much? Very cool/significant CSM number for us fire service folks (343) Never Forget!

I was thinking the right price was about $55k. It has 3300 miles, been hose washed twice and been to Grabber's event twice. Mostly highway/freeway miles driven by a couple of old farts. I added the KR brake fluid cover, sequential tail lights and shorty antenna. I also have one of them $400 Shelby covers in matching colors that has never been out of the bag with it. Also comes with rear CF diffuser, not installed, I was going to add it with the CF rockers I never bought.

Spare NEW wheels w/tires & center caps; front CF splitter, stripe kit and floor mats all for $2800 with the car.

In Redmond WA . . .

That one is not too far from my parents lake house...I can go check it out for someone if needed, but they showed $67k price tag on Autotrader when I pulled it up...

Andy.

I was thinking the right price was about $55k. It has 3300 miles, been hose washed twice and been to Grabber's event twice. Mostly highway/freeway miles driven by a couple of old farts. I added the KR brake fluid cover, sequential tail lights and shorty antenna. I also have one of them $400 Shelby covers in matching colors that has never been out of the bag with it. Also comes with rear CF diffuser, not installed, I was going to add it with the CF rockers I never bought.

Spare NEW wheels w/tires & center caps; front CF splitter, stripe kit and floor mats all for $2800 with the car.

In Redmond WA . . .

Stalwart.

Do you have a public Photobucket link with pictures available?

SVT NAJA, never done Photobucket, send an email to psmvcc@mac.com and I'll send some if you like. :camera: I'll take pictures of whatever you like, it lives in a dark garage and the ones I have are limited.

Archived