TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking To Spend 40K On A Used Gt500Kr ( 2008 )

Jewish Santa

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called the salesman and asked about the salvaged titled KR (09KR0314) listed on eBay. According to him, the car was hit square in the rear. They took a donor car and cut at the rear window posts and at the very rear of the floor pan. He said it was the only way to do a good job and I agree. The car looks good in pictures but you'd have to see it in person. Here's a pic of the underside. You can see the welds/caulking at the rear most point of the floor pan.

3438671_9525d1bd-2a26-4a7a-b2b9-e3c67b4a

This is the route I would take if I wanted a KR to "have fun with" without paying top dollar.

Having been watching KR prices it appears to me that there is an uptick in asking prices..

$45,000 is the lowest I have seen for a 14,000 mile car which is black.

This is the last stop in price range before salvage cars as I see it.

Also, ShelbyPt what was special about the first 50 cars other than being the first 50 cars?

To me IMHO the KRs likely to stand out are the Vista Blues and Torch Reds as they are the most limited in production.

For roughly 4 years the fair market value has held at $50k +/- $2k, but it looks like we're seeing that finally drop now.

In November a black 2009 sold for $44k but had 15,xxx miles. There were others with lower mileage that sold below $48k. How much did that 2008 MSO vista blue sell for at live auction? It was the best KR deal I've ever seen.

KR's have a ways to go before they bottom out. If I had to guess, I'll say $30k at around the 10 year mark for a low-mileage example (lower $ with higher-mileage, of course). Most will fall into "enthusiast's" hands by then, and be driven/enjoyed while not coming on the market as often for 10 years. After that, the few remaining low-mileage cars will "start" to be appreciated, and 10 years after that a pristine example will sell for good money.

But at 30 years it will need to sell for $285,000.00 just to break even adjusted for inflation at that point. If you factor 5% annual that you could have had your $122k invested elsewhere, it would need to sell for $527,276.00. Assuming you're good at picking investments and can get a 10% annual rate of return, your KR will need to sell for $2,128,827.00

... If you factor 5% annual that you could have had your $122k invested elsewhere, it would need to sell for $527,276.00. Assuming you're good at picking investments and can get a 10% annual rate of return, your KR will need to sell for $2,128,827.00

Assuming that you paid anything like $122K for your KR, you may be right. Most of us paid under MSRP, I think (well under, in my case). While it was hardly a good investment dollar-wise, it still puts a great grin on my face. :)

Jewish Santa- today is your day. A 1700 mile 09 KR just showed up on EBAY at a dealership in Mobile, AL. $42,500 buy it now! all documention, car cover, and the brake kit is installed. This will make someone happy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161214895609&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Someone already bid on car for $40,000 I can't believe they wouldn't have simply clicked bought it now for $42,500 this car will sell very quickly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161214895609&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Someone already bid on car for $40,000 I can't believe they wouldn't have simply clicked bought it now for $42,500 this car will sell very quickly.

Shill bid for sure

It was involved in an accident

I didn't see that when I first looked at it. Yeah it might be harder to sell. I guess it depends upon on how well it was repaired and what the damage actually was.

Shill bid for sure

I agree it doesn't make sense to bid on it when the buy it now price is so close.

Nordic, where did you see it was in an accident? The title shows clear and I did not see anywhere in the description the car was involved in a wreck. That would explain the discount. I plan to call the dealer tomorrow to verify and get specifics. By the way, the other KR (post #39) sold today for $49,100.

Nordic, where did you see it was in an accident? The title shows clear and I did not see anywhere in the description the car was involved in a wreck. That would explain the discount. I plan to call the dealer tomorrow to verify and get specifics. By the way, the other KR (post #39) sold today for $49,100.

Car fax report. They didn't say anything in the description of the ad but when you click the car fax report it has a lower rating and states it was in an accident.

Shelbypt. Your friend's KR that is for sale. What parts are on it that make it so unique? I'm just curious. Thanks.

What makes this car so unique and gives the owner the most value, would be the documentation, and I can't get into those details, but the KR came with CF rocker panels and the billet aluminum cap on the master cylinder.

There is a very nice Red 08 on Ebay right now from someone out of Denbesti motorsport. Low CSM. 9K miles. Would love to take that one home

They want 60k

By the way, the other KR (post #39) sold today for $49,100.

That's better

Maybe u could pay a little more for the car, drive it home instead of paying for shipping, and pay sales tax on a "base" GT500(if u know what I mean)...good luck!!!

Exactly the same thing suggestion I made back in post #29

The release of KR parts/wheels/etc. is accelerating the devaluing of these cars. How could it not. Forget the right or the wrong of it or who or who is not responsible. It's just a simple fact. When the hoods come out - the value of these cars will be marginally above GT500's. Just watch. And remember the lesson before you drop a big hunk of cash on anything Shelby related.

Archived