TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking To Spend 40K On A Used Gt500Kr ( 2008 )

Jewish Santa

Looks like you missed a deal.

Hope it was a true fan that got it.

Fire sale doesn't always set the bar though...same applies to a high sale

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you missed a deal.

Hope it was a true fan that got it.

Fire sale doesn't always set the bar though...same applies to a high sale

Yeah, looks like a nice, low mile KR. Not at all my color but I would have been close to that 38500 number and there is really no reason to believe that this was in any way a "fire sale".

Yeah, looks like a nice, low mile KR. Not at all my color but I would have been close to that 38500 number and there is really no reason to believe that this was in any way a "fire sale".

Looks like a deal on a nice KR, not a great listing, only one pic, no details on condition or any previous damage. Extra wheels and tires, interesting since it only has 3K miles.

Clicking through to the original listing, there was something I overlooked. the Autocheck listing states there are 15 records. For a car with only 3k miles, that is excessive.

I'm guessing there's more to this story, and it's not good....

Clicking through to the original listing, there was something I overlooked. the Autocheck listing states there are 15 records. For a car with only 3k miles, that is excessive.

I'm guessing there's more to this story, and it's not good....

Its an 8 year Mustang and selling for nearly 40 grand. Anyone who thinks clearly on this subject can see that the prices are coming down. People get bored with these things and want something new. I assume that is why you dumped out of your red '09 KR or was it the fear of a total price collapse?

Its an 8 year Mustang and selling for nearly 40 grand. Anyone who thinks clearly on this subject can see that the prices are coming down. People get bored with these things and want something new. I assume that is why you dumped out of your red '09 KR or was it the fear of a total price collapse?

What I was pointing out was that, a car with only 3k miles (regardless of age) shows 15 records. At best, that would maybe include 3 oil changes on the extreme. That leads me to believe there are/were issues with that car.

Why do you say I dumped my 09KR? You are talking out of your backside, as you have no idea why I acquired it, and what I paid for it! (I'm not on here pontificating about the end of the KR world as you like to do).

However, I will enlighten you. I found that car in a collection (many Shelbys) with an owner who had truckloads of disposable income. Based on the price, I went ahead and bought for the specific reason to sell it and make a few dollars. I acquired it on Oct of 2013, and sold it at Mecum August 2014, with a tidy 12% return after ALL expenses. If that's dumping, I'll dump all day long and twice on Sundays.

Back to the eBay listing. It is my opinion (which I'm entitled to have), is any car with 15 records, would historically have issues....I'd rather spend a little more and get a "no stories" car. But clearly, i'm the ASS, for having spent $48k back in 2010 on a 1200 mile KR, and have had the undeniable enjoyment with it for 5 years and 35,000 (s)miles, when I should've been sitting on the sidelines all of these years staring at eBay listing waiting for the "one"....imagine what else I could've done with that 8k....but then I would have missed taking it to Europe, driving it through 8 countries, the Autobahn, Nurburgring, Lemans...but what do I know....

What I know, is the KR is the last of the pre-title Shelbys, is an AWESOME sledge hammer, and it brings a shit eatin' grin to my face every time I leave my driveway sideways (relax Francis, I live on a dead end road in the country)

Well thank you so very much for the "enlightenment". Sorry for the wedgy , nothing to logically get defensive about but obviously you did. I can't imagine why you would think that 38.5K for an 8 year old Mustang KR or otherwise is cheap. As for the 15 records, twist that fit to your perceptions.

I'll be happy to further enlighten and illuminate the trail when you meander off course.

That is a bargain, especially since fully optioned pick up trucks and SUV's are now over $60k, so a limited build, world class, hi-performance automobile is a bargain, at least to me, and that fits my perceptions just fine.

I'll be happy to further enlighten and illuminate the trail when you meander off course.

That is a bargain, especially since fully optioned pick up trucks and SUV's are now over $60k, so a limited build, world class, hi-performance automobile is a bargain, at least to me, and that fits my perceptions just fine.

Too funny, good one! I get the KR thing completely, huge fan here. No need to convince m of that, just don't see this as a bargain with what has followed this car and what we are virtually guaranteed to see soon as the next GT500. Just smack me around if I get of course again.

• 2 weeks later...

Good bye to all the smack offs that still think their KRs are investments, you are all to :censored: stupid to see it any other way.

Goodbye?? I hope you really mean that Buster, Dufus, Speedyman, Sideoiler, Applejack, Kynx...something, and my bet is Jewish Santa is just another of your monikers. You should probably try and find a job where planning ahead is one of your responsibilities as you seem to do that well given you started this thread two years ago so you would have something to reply to now. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you. I hope your Daddy buys you that KR you seem to really long for.

Goodbye?? I hope you really mean that Buster, Dufus, Speedyman, Sideoiler, Applejack, Kynx...something, and my bet is Jewish Santa is just another of your monikers. You should probably try and find a job where planning ahead is one of your responsibilities as you seem to do that well given you started this thread two years ago so you would have something to reply to now. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you. I hope your Daddy buys you that KR you seem to really long for.

Dufus?

Archived