TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50Th Anniversary Mustang Celebration Night Car Show At Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln

Mach1Daddy

Congrats to Cali KR (Tom) as he won best Shelby with his 68 KR. I am sure Gt350lp (Larry) will post a great slide show. I only took a few pictures. The 50th events have started. Best of show was a 68 light blue (not sure of color name) KR. Tom, correct me if I got the year incorrect.

A good day for Shelby!

Mustang 50th Cake.JPG

Mustang Birthday Cake.JPG

Team Shelby 1.JPG

Team Shelby 2.JPG

The Girls.JPG

nice hood.JPG

Spec stang.JPG

Congrats to Cali KR (Tom) as he won best Shelby with his 68 KR. I am sure Gt350lp (Larry) will post a great slide show. I only took a few pictures. The 50th events have started. Best of show was a 68 light blue (not sure of color name) KR. Tom, correct me if I got the year incorrect.

A good day for Shelby!

I think that the overall winner was a Britney Blue 67 GT500 ( a rare one with parchment interior ) . Congrats to Cali_KR for winning the "Best Shelby" award with his green 1968 GT500KR . I thought that it was a great show - mostly Mustangs but there were other Fords and other makes/models at the party along with a lot of nice car people. The staff @ Salinas Valley Ford did a great job of staying on top of things as the day went through ( I think that more people showed up than expected but I don't think anyone was turned away ) and they had Mustang Girls !!! Fun time and yes - sunburn ( forgot to put on a hat ) - must be California .

A good day for Shelby!

I think that the overall winner was a Britney Blue 67 GT500 ( a rare one with parchment interior ) . Congrats to Cali_KR for winning the "Best Shelby" award with his green 1968 GT500KR . I thought that it was a great show - mostly Mustangs but there were other Fords and other makes/models at the party along with a lot of nice car people. The staff @ Salinas Valley Ford did a great job of staying on top of things as the day went through ( I think that more people showed up than expected but I don't think anyone was turned away ) and they had Mustang Girls !!! Fun time and yes - sunburn ( forgot to put on a hat ) - must be California .

Brittany Blue was a one year color for 1967, and yes a rare color with only about 250+/- examples. And while it certainly was a beautiful car (and my favorite color for 1967), for my vote Torch40's 1966 GT350 Carry-over car would be Best of Show winner.

The staff at SVF did a great job, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Congrats to KP from bringing home the hardware with his SGT Spec racer.

1908277_10202742927645719_1275939552_n.jpg

Brittany Blue was a one year color for 1967, and yes a rare color with only about 250+/- examples. And while it certainly was a beautiful car (and my favorite color for 1967), for my vote Torch40's 1966 GT350 Carry-over car would be Best of Show winner.

The staff at SVF did a great job, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Congrats to KP from bringing home the hardware with his SGT Spec racer.

I also liked Torch 40's car very much. They eyed it off & on throughout the day prior to award time. Great example!

Missed Albino's (Kevin) award for his SCCA SPEC SGT. Congrats.

@Team Shelby

I am more than thankful for everyone who participated at this epic Mustang 50th Celebration event. There was a total of 280 car show participants. We literally ran out of room to park all the cars. This was truly the most successful car show event to-date at Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln.

1097263_510456362392274_6875217664367895

You guys did an amazing job with filling out the front dealership pad, which we now call the "Shelby Pad." The "Shelby Pad" featured some of the most iconic and show-pristine Ford Mustangs and Shelby's I have ever seen. I can't wait to do this again next year.

1926085_510456542392256_3925745547131191

We took some good notes from this past weekend's car show to perfect the car show activities and parking situations for next year's car show. I hope everyone enjoyed the car show as much as I did. My top management and staff is still amazed from seeing so many cars attend the show.

1618259_510456602392250_4619947710037648

My best wishes to all of you who assisted me in executing this fabulous Mustang 50th Celebration event.

Jose Garcia

Marketing Coordinator

Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln

Archived