TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50Th Anniversary Mustang Celebration Night Car Show At Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln

Mach1Daddy

Team Shelby members,

My name is Jose Garcia, marketing coordinator, for Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln. I'm planning a night car show at Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln for the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang. I need your feedback on the show date, event planning and activities. I thought it be a good idea to host our 50th Anniversary of The Mustang Car Show at night since no one in Monterey County does night car shows, except for the Cannery Row evening car shows.

I have the date set for 4 p.m. Saturday, April 12. I figured it be wise to host the event a week before the actual anniversary, so that hardcore Mustang fans can attend other car shows on the actual anniversary date.

The owners of Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln and I want this event to be a hit in Monterey County. We strongly suggest for your feedback and opinions.

If you have any brilliant ideas or suggestions, please e-mail me at josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com.

Thank you for your time.

Jose Garcia

Marketing Coordinator

josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com

Logo.png

Hello Jose

I have attended your car show the last several years with some other TS members and you may recall I won best Shelby last year. The black & gold GT-H. Thank You! That said, many of the TS members will going to the Shelby Bash and the Mustang Club of America 50th event in Las Vegas the week of the 12 through the 20th. Not sure how firm you are on your date. I will shoot you an email. Lastly thanks for thinking about us at TS.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jim and Harald,

Thank you for the helpful feedback! I decided to host Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln's 50th Anniversary Mustang Car Show on Saturday, Apr. 5. Our new date will allow us to generate more traffic to the event. It was a good thing we posted this event on this forum. Your feedback was definitely needed.

If you guys decide to participate in this event, we'll have a special section for Shelbys and Fastbacks.

Spread the word! This event is free!

If you guys want to pre-register early, e-mail me at josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com.

Thank you,

Jose

Internet Marketing Coordinator

Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln

Logo.png

Jose, the date change may attract more TS members. I hope to attend. As for time, others may have ideas because some travel from the San Jose, bay area etc. That said, your original foirmat seems to work pretty well. However, new ideas are also cool. Will you have a 2015 to display? Keep us posted.

For those considering here is pictures from last year that Larry took at the May car show. Great local car show and dealership: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81023-salinas-valley-ford-car-showphotoshow/

Jose, the date change may attract more TS members. I hope to attend. As for time, others may have ideas because some travel from the San Jose, bay area etc. That said, your original foirmat seems to work pretty well. However, new ideas are also cool. Will you have a 2015 to display? Keep us posted.

For those considering here is pictures from last year that Larry took at the May car show. Great local car show and dealership: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81023-salinas-valley-ford-car-showphotoshow/

I agree with Harald that Jose and Salinas Valley Ford do any excellent job of putting on a local show.Any Mustang owner should try to attend this in the San Jose to Monterey area. Jose is very hands on and has tried to improve this show each year they have had it. I will try and contact as many as I can in the area for you Jose. Brad

@Cobrakidz

All Shelby models will be under one class. I hope this interests you to attend our Saturday, Apr. 5 Mustang 50th Celebration Car Show.

If you would like to pre-register for our event, please click here.

Hope to see you and your cars at our show.

Take care,

Jose Garcia

@Bravo500,

Yes, that would be me. You have a beautifully-equipped Shelby GT500. I hope you do attend our Mustang 50th Celebration Car Show. We expect a large crowd for this event.

If you ever have any questions about the car show, please feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Thank you,

Jose Garcia

e. josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com

mustang_50th_celebration_sidebar.jpg

@Team Shelby,

Here's our Mustang 50th Celebration Car Show poster. The updated poster now says 1964 to 2014, so please disregard the years displayed on the poster.

I designed it myself. I hope you guys like it.

1798011_486701484767762_264773966_n.png

Jose Garcia

e. josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com

• 1 month later...

@Herald @Albino500

The Mustang 50th Celebration Car Show at Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln this Saturday, April 5 is looking to be a promising car show event.

I can't wait to meet all the participating Team Shelby Members this Saturday.

Who will take home the Best of Show trophy? We'll have to see on Saturday, April 5.

10154421_506004702837440_777571838_n.jpg

If you have any questions about the event, please e-mail me at josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com.

Best wishes,

Jose Garcia

Marketing Coordinator

Salinas Valley Ford-LIncoln

Logo.png

@Herald @Albino500

The Mustang 50th Celebration Car Show at Salinas Valley Ford-Lincoln this Saturday, April 5 is looking to be a promising car show event.

I can't wait to meet all the participating Team Shelby Members this Saturday.

Who will take home the Best of Show trophy? We'll have to see on Saturday, April 5.

10154421_506004702837440_777571838_n.jpg

If you have any questions about the event, please e-mail me at josegarcia@salinasvalleyford.com.

Best wishes,

Jose Garcia

Marketing Coordinator

Salinas Valley Ford-LIncoln

Logo.png

You look sharp!

@Torch40: Thank you for registering. Looking forward to seeing you and your Mustang this Saturday.

@Herald: Thank you for the compliment. I had a big meeting that day.

Jose Garcia

Marketing Coordinator

Logo.png

car_show_registration.png

Anyone TS folks going? GT350lp and I will meet in the Home Depot parking lot and drive in together. We will meet at 9:30 am.

Larry my wife will be driving the GT-H as I am on call so I will have the company car.

OK....

Any PCTS members going tomorrow and want to cruise in together? Meet at Home Depot and we will travel at 9:30 across the lot to Salinas Ford Dealer.

We're meeting Torch40 and ShelbyTom at 156 & 101 Park & Ride at 9:00am. We will look for you at the HD at 9:30

Archived