TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flip Key...........

Robert M

I haven't and didn't even know you could get this key. I like it better than the original. What's the price buy it and have it set up?

I got in my car this past weekend and thought about the TS KR guys, "do they know about this cool flip key upgrade?"

This is where I bought mine..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FORD-LINCOLN-MERCURY-FLIP-KEY-FOB-VW-STYLE-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-4-BUTTON-/321288704841

^^^The price is right, a new FOB, a new key, all together.......

You will have to bring it to a local locksmith to have the blank cut. Also, read the instruction at the bottom of the eBay auction, it requires you to have both of your original PATS keys to program this new key.

If I remember correctly the blank is longer than the oem key so the tip of the blank is cut off during the key cutting process............

R

Isn't the flip key from a focus or something like that? You need two keys or you have to take it to a dealer.

I think the actual flip key design is VW.

Yes, the eBay auction says that two PATS keys are required to put the car into the program mode and program this flip key. I would assume this would also be the case with a 3rd oem key programming procedure?

R

• 3 weeks later...

I need one of these!!!

Nice photo!!!! I love the red color on the KR!!!! Hey, are you going to Carlisle this year? I will be there at the 50th Anniversary display..

• 1 year later...

WOW I can't believe I did not see you questions until over year later...

Gary Obviously I did not make it to the show. I had paid my way and everything but had to have emergency Back Surgery, My back had gotten so bad I could not walk.

08KR525

My antenna is there it is hidden in the shadows as for my splitter I damaged my Original one so I was a little nervous at the time keeping the splitter on during normal cruses around town. I have gotten over that now and keep it on, although I am thinking about trying to get the original one fixed and using that for normal driving and the replacement on for shows...

I removed my antenna, and wiper arms (hey, my car is lighter now so it should go faster.......lol)

I also removed the carbon fiber front splitter and replaced it with the plastic splitter from the standard GT-500. I think it only cost me $85 or so.

WOW I can't believe I did not see you questions until over year later...

Gary Obviously I did not make it to the show. I had paid my way and everything but had to have emergency Back Surgery, My back had gotten so bad I could not walk.

08KR525

My antenna is there it is hidden in the shadows as for my splitter I damaged my Original one so I was a little nervous at the time keeping the splitter on during normal cruses around town. I have gotten over that now and keep it on, although I am thinking about trying to get the original one fixed and using that for normal driving and the replacement on for shows...

I hope your back is feeling better!! One of these days we should get the KRs back together at Carlisle. That was a lot of fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gary,

after surgery my back felt better than it had in over 20 years!!

It still has it ups and downs but over all its better.

I agree it would be fun to get together again, It's nice getting to hang out with all those FORD fans at one location.

• 4 years later...

I can't believe it has been almost 6 years since I started this thread.

In addition to the flip key itself, that replaces the bulky oem key/fob assy.......there is an "upgrade" emblem/logo also available and shown below.

028.jpg

I have also found these neat little fob logo's........

20190308_170217.jpg

The Shelby emblem/logo is the same diameter as the Ford emblem/logo shown in my first picture above, just for the added touch of "Cool!!"

R

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, txcobra said:

the original ebay link is obviously not working anymore.  Can anyone point me to the right part number that works on our cars and possibly the shelby emblems too?

Here is a current eBay link to a Ford flip key, scroll down in the auction and you will see some manufacturer part numbers, one should match the oem number on the back of your original fob.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Uncut-Replacement-Remote-Fob-Flip-Ignition-Car-Chip-Key-4-Button-for-Ford/281087551901

The Shelby fob emblems? that is a different story, they were listed on eBay quite a while back, maybe two years ago, then the disappeared. Then there was a relist of them about 6 months ago and they have disappeared again.

Here are Ford fob emblems.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pieces-14mm-Key-Fob-Emblem-Sticker-Logo-Remote-Badge-Black-FORD/283385277694?hash=item41fb142cfe:g:8BsAAOSwHwddFop3

While I was searching for your info. I came across these SVT fob emblems, I order a pair to see how they look, correct Red color SVT, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-SVT-Cobra-Mustang-3D-sticker-14mm-key-emblem-logo/273880232136?hash=item3fc488b0c8:g:FvwAAOSwTm1dBr64

R

On 8/30/2019 at 12:17 PM, Robert M said:

Here is a current eBay link to a Ford flip key, scroll down in the auction and you will see some manufacturer part numbers, one should match the oem number on the back of your original fob.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Uncut-Replacement-Remote-Fob-Flip-Ignition-Car-Chip-Key-4-Button-for-Ford/281087551901

The Shelby fob emblems? that is a different story, they were listed on eBay quite a while back, maybe two years ago, then the disappeared. Then there was a relist of them about 6 months ago and they have disappeared again.

Here are Ford fob emblems.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pieces-14mm-Key-Fob-Emblem-Sticker-Logo-Remote-Badge-Black-FORD/283385277694?hash=item41fb142cfe:g:8BsAAOSwHwddFop3

While I was searching for your info. I came across these SVT fob emblems, I order a pair to see how they look, correct Red color SVT, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-SVT-Cobra-Mustang-3D-sticker-14mm-key-emblem-logo/273880232136?hash=item3fc488b0c8:g:FvwAAOSwTm1dBr64

R

Thanks

Thanks Rob, ordered both the keys and svt emblems.  Programmed the fobs now just need to get the keys cut.  Nice upgrade, first time my KR has had an upgrade or mod in quite some time!

One question, does the key (on the 08) need to be programmed separately from the remote or just the remote?  

Answered my own questions with google search, there is a seperate process for programming the remote and the key. One thing to note, I bought two of these, successfully programmed both remotes, had both keys cut and tried to program both keys.  One worked great, the other will not program.  When I tried the keys before programming, the car wouldnt even crank.  Now (with the one that didnt work) it cranks but will not start and the Securilock light flashes.  Must be a defective key or maybe I did something wrong, but the same exact procedure worked for one of them.  No idea how to fix this one without a dealer trip or ordering another key.  But at least the two originals and one of the two flip keys I ordered works.

Remote: 

Step-by-Step Programming Instructions:

1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Key: 

Step 1 - Assemble your keys. Have at least two factory-programmed keys and all of the spare keys you wish to program close by before you start this procedure.

Step 2 - Insert one of the factory-coded keys into the ignition switch. Turn the key to the "On" position for between 1 and 10 seconds, then turn the key to the "Off" position and remove it from the ignition.

Step 3 - Insert the second factory-programmed key into the ignition switch within 10 seconds of removing the first one. Turn the key to the "On" position for between 1 and 10 seconds, then turn the key to the "Off" position and remove it from the ignition.

Step 4 - Insert the key to be programmed into the ignition switch within 20 seconds of removing the second factory-programmed key.

Step 5 - Turn the key to the "On" position for at least 1 second to program the key. Turn the key to start the engine.

Repeat the entire procedure to program additional keys.

Tips

• If you only have one factory-programmed key, you cannot self-program a spare key. You must take your vehicle to a Ford dealership to get additional keys programmed.
  • If the engine will not start using a key that has been just programmed, take your vehicle and the key to a Ford dealership for assistance.
  • If you have no factory-coded keys for your Mustang, you must have your car towed to a Ford dealership where they will erase the current code from the computer and code new keys to your car.
  • According the Ford, use only SecuriLock keys available at a Ford dealership in your Mustang.

Items you will need

• Spare SecuriLock key or keys

2 factory-coded keys

22 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

On the older cars it was something like three, perhaps it was four but I'm recalling three. Newer cars could be different.

Steven

I looked around the internet and the consensus is a maximum of four remotes for the 2005-09 Mustangs. Other years may differ on the number of remotes.

That's what I thought.  Was hoping it was 3 and would explain my 4th key failing, but I think its obviously something else.  BTW, 4 remotes programmed fine, it was the 4th key that failed.  I doubt there is a difference for number of keys vs remotes...

Archived