TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Say U Guys Best Street Tire For 2014 Gt 500 / Cheap Susp Mods

Geneo4116

Have a 2014 gt500 with the factory street goodyears,they suck,so what say u street tires only,car might go to track at most 2 times a year,but need to hook up on the street, will be driving in temps from 50 degrees on up,would a all season tire hook up better than just a summer tire,what say u, also any cheap suspension mods so car will hook up better

What I meant by cheap is there any cheap susp mods for hooking up,my car does have the performance pkg,springs dampeners Torsten axle etc etc,on my 67 fastback I had a supercharger and I put on cal trac traction bars it really helped,I wonder if they make something for this car,I know tires aren't gonna be cheap,I will PROBALLY have to run these till there bald,just gonna have to be extra careful in cold weather,I think anything above 60 65 will be a lot better

Get some nt555s. I ran some on my last and just put a set on the shelby last week. Im driving her tonight. Currently 21 degrees and ive had no traction issues. For the price I love these tires

• 8 months later...

Get some nt555s. I ran some on my last and just put a set on the shelby last week. Im driving her tonight. Currently 21 degrees and ive had no traction issues. For the price I love these tires

What is biggest size NT555 will fit a 2014 GT 500?

Thanks

Luiz

• 1 year later...

Planning attending 2016 Shelby Bash with track days. I have about 11000 original miles on the F1's. Going to change them out before then for some MPSS probably. I see P Zeros are available as a set for my 2014. Any opinions?

Over the years have had hit and miss experiences with Discount Tire. I was considering mail order. My bigger question. Do I take to the Ford Dealer where I bought the car. Do I find a speed shop and get them installed? I just want to reduce the possiblity of after install mount and balance issues. I'm sure there a few out there that have mail ordered so thoughts would be appreciated.

Toyo R888. They make the correct size and they're made of super sticky track compound. I've run them for the last year on my mine and they rock. I have run Nitto 555R's exclusively on older Shelbys and Cobras but when I got my 13 they didn't make a size that fit. You can put oversized tires on a 9.5 wide rim at your own risk, but realize that if ford engineers had to knurl the inside lip of the wheel to keep the stock tire from rotating around the rim from that much torque, imagine what a sticky tire with compromised sidewall grip then you mod he car would do.

I have not used the NT555, only the Rs because they were drag radials and meant to stick. The Toyo's stick just as good and the tread is deeper so they last much longer. Another bonus is they can evacuate water better than the NT555R which is shaved. The bad news is that Toyo doesn't make R888 for the front wheel size which would matter if you're an autocross guy. My 2 cents.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived