TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wow These Factory Goodyears Suck,2014 Gt 500 All Stock??

Geneo4116

The topic of the Goodyear's has been discussed over and over. Your experience is similar to everyone else. It's scary when the ass end of the car breaks loose at 60mph and you find yourself headed backwards down the highway (with your wife in the car). I guess Ford has some kind of deal with Goodyear because they keep putting those crappy tires on high horsepower cars. I went with the Michelin's and have not had the issue since when temps are low, but I will say I drive much more carefully. Not sure how these would do on a drag strip though as I do not drag race my car. Be safe and enjoy your new Shelby!

Love your blue GT500! Tell me what brand are your Chrome rims?

The topic of the Goodyear's has been discussed over and over. Your experience is similar to everyone else. It's scary when the ass end of the car breaks loose at 60mph and you find yourself headed backwards down the highway (with your wife in the car). I guess Ford has some kind of deal with Goodyear because they keep putting those crappy tires on high horsepower cars. I went with the Michelin's and have not had the issue since when temps are low, but I will say I drive much more carefully. Not sure how these would do on a drag strip though as I do not drag race my car. Be safe and enjoy your new Shelby!

Thanks. True Forged Wheels - Chicane. Been very happy with them and would recommend.

Archived