TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Strut Kit & Brake Rotor Guestion

Now that they holiday is over I am looking to spend some money on myself. I am wanting to get a hood strut kit for my 2008 SGT. I hear that the hoods on our SGT is heavier and not all the kits will work. Is this true and can anyone suggest one that has worked well for them. Also I was thinking of adding new brake rotors (mostly for show). Does anyone know if the Bear Eradispeed Plus Two 14" rotors will fit with the stock SGT 18" rims?

Thank you

The Shelby hood kit works just fine but so do the others put out by the reputable Mustang after market dealers. Even I was able to instal a set in short order with no problems. The color coordinated sets look very good.

John

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I ended up going with the Bear Decelarotors with new Bear pads front and back and the Redline hood struts. When I first started shopping around CJ Pony was running a pretty good sale. As usual though when I was ready to pull the trigger the sale was over and I wasn't willing to pay full price. I searched around and found the Bear rotors & pads at AotuAnything.com on sale for a very good price. I never used them before, I hope it works out. Now I'm just waiting on delivery and planning my next purchase.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I ended up going with the Bear Decelarotors with new Bear pads front and back and the Redline hood struts. When I first started shopping around CJ Pony was running a pretty good sale. As usual though when I was ready to pull the trigger the sale was over and I wasn't willing to pay full price. I searched around and found the Bear rotors & pads at AotuAnything.com on sale for a very good price. I never used them before, I hope it works out. Now I'm just waiting on delivery and planning my next purchase.

I have bought from Autoanything with no issues. Good choices

Archived