TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Torched10

................. All of the below statements make me glad I bought the 14....................I hope everyone who waited for the new model is happy with their choice..

" The end result is a vehicle that looks noticeably more aggressive, athletic and planted. "

" The triple LED taillights and blacked-out surround are a graceful evolution from the current styling. "

" Passenger volume is up from 81 cubic feet to 84.5, with more leg, shoulder and hip room in front. "

" The 2.3 is estimated to put out 305 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 300 pound-feet of torque between 2,500 and 4,500 rpm. "

" The suspension has been heavily revised, and out back, it's all independent. Finally. "

" Ford confirmed that the convertible will have a fabric top, and that it will be all electric, rather than hydraulic. "

I'm confused, what in those statements made you glad you purchased a 14? I read each of those statements as an "improvement" over the 14 - now if you just like the looks of the 14 better that is fine but that doesn't seem to be captured in any of those statements.

I'm confused, what in those statements made you glad you purchased a 14? I read each of those statements as an "improvement" over the 14 - now if you just like the looks of the 14 better that is fine but that doesn't seem to be captured in any of those statements.

2014 MY - 662 hp, 0 to 60 in 3.5 sec, 200 mph top end..............................I must have mis-read those statements.

Other than the comment on the power of the 2.3, these are comments on the overall limprovement of the car such as looks, space, suspension, etc. (as suggested by Ford). Details about the next SVT Mustang (and powerplant) are still pending announcement, you still may be right but I don't think enough info is available to make a valid comparison.

This confuses me a little since I don't understand why IRS could be a negative in this case. IRS is a huge improvement that seems as though it will only benefit the mustang. On the track, the 2013 GT was .01 seconds slower than an M3, so adding an IRS could propel the mustang into a world class car. Not to mention that you quoted the larger leg room inside. I would understand your delema with that if the car was larger and weighed more to accompany that, but the car has actually lost weight. This is all my opinion of course but it seems as if most of these are positives along with the rumored 5.0 having 500hp being a huge rumor that shows hope for that powerful engine we all are seeking. Just think what the SVT model will have and it seems as though all the engines will increase in power or be "better" in some way so that leads me, at least, to see that having the eco-boost engine is just a way of having more options to choose from in case you really are looking for economy over power since it seems, more like hope to me, that the V6 will even have a power increase. This is all my person opinion of course and I'm just happy that mustangs are still here to be enjoyed and appreciated and haven't wasted away over the years.

Archived