TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buying A Used 2007 Gt500

ali_paris_hasan

Hello guys I am new to the world of Shelby's but as a kid, my dream was to own one someday. I currently have a 2012 WRX (going to sell it) and I am ready to purchase a used 2007 GT500 for roughly $30,000. The description of the vehicle goes as follows:

"This Ford Shelby GT500 is one of only 8152 and is certified as build number #4127 for the 2007 model year. The Performance White Clearcoat is even more special being one of only 2252 and this being #997 of this color. This Shelby has also had a lot of Performance upgrades done at a Ford Dealership and tuned at Evolution Performance. This work includes a New Updated/Bigger Clutch done under Ford TSB update Warranty. Other Performance options include: Kooks Long tube headers w/ stage 8 Header bolts, Bassani x-pipe, Bassani cat back mufflers, Ford Racing 3:73 ring?nion gears, Ford Racing Lowering Springs 1.5 Lowered, Ford Racing Shelby GT500 KR Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Steeda adjustable Upper Control Arms, BMR Swar Bar, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Metco 2.6 Pulley makes 12lbs of Boost, Stiegemeier Stage 6 powered Supercharger, SCT Custom Tune by Jon Lund, Carbon Fiber JLT Cold Air Intake, Moroso Aluminum Coolant Expansion Tank. CLEAN CARFAX 24K MILES. SHAKER 500, 6-SPEED, BLUE PIN STRIPE, 18 CHROME ALLOYS! You are looking at a 2007 Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby. It is a non-smokers vehicle with 24k miles on it"

Since I am still learning my way around these Shleby's I hardly know about their mods. Could anyone tell me how this looks? is this a good buy? Any suggestions? I truly appreciate your time!

Steeda adjustable Upper Control Arms
Not sure if that is a typo or not, could be Steeda adjustable Lower Control Arms or Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm.
Both would be nice to have though, if they are not already on the car.
The LCAs do not need to be adjustable as you can do the adjustment on the upper.
With the car lowered you should consider LCA relocation brackets to correct the geometry.
As that is an 07, make sure to upgrade to the newer harmonic balancer if it has not already been done.
Installing a one piece aluminium or carbon fiber drive shaft down the road would be a definite plus too.
All the rest of the mods are good ones, although I would be willing to bet that you would be happier with a 2.5" upper pulley :)

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the car man :)

One thing... I just recently read about a guy snapping a pin on the transmission with the Steeda shifter.

See here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/938988-has-anyone-broke-6060-a.html

Don't know if that's what caused it, but if it were me I'd go with the FRPP shifter. (I have that shifter and it's very nice)

Archived