TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recaro Question

Spectre500

While it might make sense, I didn't find it to be the reality. When I was looking for my car last year, I found one with everything EXCEPT Recaros. I called multiple dealers' Parts Departments and even Shelby American, looking for new/used Recaros. In the process, I learned the actual seats were NOT sold by anyone. The closest I got was one dealer who claimed I could buy various components to eventually assemble an entire seat, for thousands of dollars. I gave up, passed on the car, and kept looking until I found one with Recaros. I've since seen SIMILAR seats from Ford Racing, but they're still only close - not the real thing.

I haven't checked with the dealer yet , 3k is a bit steep!

The Ford dealers don't sell a complete seat but will sell you all of the individual parts to make up a pair of complete seats.

But $3K is cheap for OEM seats. I've heard it's closer to $4800. As someone else already said, buy the Ford Racing seats and put a set of OEM take-off skins on them, available on e-bay for about $3K (for seats and skins).

Phill

Thanks Phil, still dont understand why Ford wouldn't just sell the seats themselves as they are an option. :shrug:

Agree, other than they can get a small fortune selling the same seat in parts.

Skins, skeleton/frame, cushions, racks, mounts & air-bags. My guess is they're going to sell PARTS regardless (wear, bag deployment, etc) so why have a bunch of whole seats sitting around in a warehouse somewhere, PLUS all of the individual parts???

That's the only thing that makes 'sense' to me.

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, very tempting.

I wonder if the rear seat backs w/headrest retrofit into a 2010?

Phill

I was surfing the internet and saw this product. I have been looking to get the Recaros but have in a hard time with the pricing. I reached to TMI and there will be version to accommodate seats with air bags within the next few months. Over all looks like a good product and good company.

http://www.americanm...07-fullset.html

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-8104-0-94565700-1390330120.jpg
  • post-8104-0-36684900-1390330384.jpg

I had the biggest headache ordering my 2013 GT350 Conv and getting the Recaro's so here is the official reason... FORD cannot install them because the car was not crash tested with them therefore FORD would not put themselves in a position where they could be sued. Very expensive to go and get another certification number just for a pair of seats

• 3 years later...

I have a 2017 with recaro seats and would like to get the powered heated seats instead , just more comfortable .

Not sure if all the harnesses for wiring etc are still in mine but the ford dealers tell me I can only purchase in parts , do wondering how this fits with the above posts on the recaro's . I think for dealers might just be taking advantage of us .

usually when things dont make sense theres a lawywer behind it.Im betting they havent done crash tests in cars that have changed seats,And since they would be selling a finished product,they have to have crash test data.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived