TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Christmas Eve Fun Run To Point Reyes

SVT NAJA

This is short notice and not for everyone due to holiday schedules, but sunny weather and temps in the mid-60's is perfect for a scenic cruise to the Point Reyes National Seashore. I'll be leaving Sears Sun Valley in Concord on Willow Pass Road off I-680 about 8:30am and after a short visit near the Point, we'll stop in Stinson Beach for lunch. The cruise will end about 2:00pm in the Marin Headlands overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco - so you're home in time for Christmas Eve festivities. Post up if you're interested...

Jim

Here's the route we'll be taking: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=sun+valley+mall&daddr=37.9559058,-122.5477081+to:Sir+Francis+Drake+Blvd+to:37.99286,-122.752382+to:Golden+Gate+Bridge,+San+Francisco,+CA&hl=en&ll=37.99021,-122.528458&spn=0.507604,1.056747&sll=37.992375,-122.527084&sspn=0.507589,1.056747&geocode=FZVYQwId8oC5-CGzl4ptYjNT4ylRmbnwx2aFgDGzl4ptYjNT4w%3BFUEpQwIdBBKy-CmPriMJrpCFgDEe6U_tRQlrxg%3BFebjQwIdoTSr-A%3BFZy5QwIdgvKu-CkBG-3fPMCFgDGLgszYc1mCtA%3BFeYVQQIdWSCz-CEJVXCDlxPtzSnD____3oaFgDEJVXCDlxPtzQ&oq=golden+&gl=us&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1,3&t=m&z=11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Reyes_National_Seashore

Members attending:

1. SVT NAJA
  2. itowem
  3. TClark24CP

Jim

This sounds great and I wish I could make it. We have a big family Christmas Eve get together and I am cooking.

Merry Christmas!!

Michael

Michael,

Merry Christmas to you, your loved ones, and our extended TS-PCR family too!

We'll post up some :camera: later tomorrow night.

Jim

PS: I've had several PM's today asking what time you'll have dinner ready... :)

Sounds Great Jim I'm a GO !!! See Ya at Sears !!! :cool::shift::thumbsup:

Mike,

See you in the morning. Looks like Don with the Boss 302 Forum may be joining us.

I'll be stopping for coffee at Starbucks on Concord Avenue across from Buchanan Field about 8am before heading over to Sears.

Jim

I can't beleive that I'm going to miss a TS-PCR / JC cruise ! :drop: Enjoy guys/gals and have a Merrie Christmas !!!!!!!! :shoppingcart_:

Kevin,

With my shopping done and great weather on tap, I wanted to enjoy the day burning some petrol and rubber. :peelout:

Merry Christmas to you and yours! See you in the New Year...

Jim

Jim,

Very very possibly. Email me at TwinMillsRanch@SBCGlobal.net so we can swap contact info.

BTW, my GT350 still needs to be cleaned from the toy drive event. Can we swing by Albino500's and get'r washed? Ha!

Tom

Sure thing Tom - come by early and bring the coffee !

Jim,

Very very possibly. Email me at TwinMillsRanch@SBCGlobal.net so we can swap contact info.

BTW, my GT350 still needs to be cleaned from the toy drive event. Can we swing by Albino500's and get'r washed? Ha!

Tom

Tom,

I was looking at the LS today and wondering about that same car wash! :)

If we time it right tomorrow, maybe Kevin will have a turkey drumstick or two left.

I sent you my contact info, and as an optimist - I'll post you up! :clapping:

Jim

Mike,

See you in the morning. Looks like Don with the Boss 302 Forum may be joining us.

I'll be stopping for coffee at Starbucks on Concord Avenue across from Buchanan Field about 8am before heading over to Sears.

Jim

Ok Jim see ya at Starbucks say 8am :)

Wished we could have made this...... Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and hope that Santa treats you well.....

Hmmmm......... Wonder if Santa got me any car parts....... :dreamy:

Aggie,

Merry Christmas to you, Scott and family!

Jim

PS: Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch up with Santa today - so I don't know what he had for the GO SS...

The weather was stellar today for our Christmas Eve cruise to Point Reyes. We met at Sun Valley with a Starbucks in hand as the crowds started to descend on the mall for some last minute shopping. We made our way over to Marin County and after passing San Quentin, navigated our way west on Sir Francis Drake Blvd.

We passed through Samuel P. Taylor state park, which contains a mature forest of Coastal Redwood trees and soon arrived in Olema (which straddles the San Andreas fault) where State Route 1 runs through town. Heading north, we entered Point Reyes Station where the road to the Lighthouse begins.

After spending some time taking pictures and soaking up the sun at the Point, we were off for Stinson Beach, a popular hamlet an hour north of downtown San Francisco. We surveyed the beach and then relaxed and enjoyed a tasty lunch (OK, breakfast).

We were then off for our final stop in the Marin Headlands for some more pics (this last section of road was featured several years ago in a popular 2010 Shelby GT500 video which is posted below). The views of the Golden Gate Bridge with San Francisco in the background were spectacular and temps in the 60's made the day enjoyable!

I want to thank Mike, Tom and his lovely wife for joining me today on our little jaunt. I wish all of our Team Shelby family a Merry Christmas, the best of health and a Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing you in 2014.

Cheers!

IMG_1233_zpsee1a2951.jpg

IMG_1234_zps43b56460.jpg

IMG_1238_zps85009c20.jpg

IMG_1240_zps79eb5dc6.jpg

IMG_1243_zps899cbc71.jpg

IMG_1250_zps08d0c78f.jpg

IMG_1254_zps5ffba106.jpg

IMG_1253_zpsb534a6f8.jpg

Great pics Jim - Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my Team Shelby family and Boss owners !

Kevin,

Merry Christmas, the best of health and a Happy New Year to you and Kellie!

Jim

BTW - Tom, Mike and I can stop by tomorrow for that Christmas detail job on the 45th, SGT and LS. We added a little more brake, rubber and road dust today to the collection...

Archived