TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bedding In St43

frazierfreud

I'm going to put these pads on tonight and bed them in. I'm not really finding any info on raybestos website and there were no instructions in the box. so for those of you who use these, is it 10 stops from 60mph or what? the hawk hps I just bedded in were very different in the speeds for bedding in were only 35-45mph.

On general, 10 or so at slow speeds then several from higher speeds

Pretty much it but don't come to a complete stop - allow the pads to degas and then when done park it without the parking brake and roll forward or back ( every 2-5 minutes) so as not to create a hot spot on your rotors under the warm /hot pad . Once cooled down your'e fine. Let us know what you think of the set up .

fyi...I bought my st43 pads through girodisc. they were the only one who had them in stock and got them to me within 2 days. the model number of these pads is slightly different than the ones for the gt500. the pads I bought say they are for the STI and Evo cars. however, girodisc told me they are the exact same pad and that raybestos uses for the gt500...they are just listed differently. the part # for the gt500 is 1001.4 and these are 1001.xx (some other number after the decimal). anyway, I compared the hawk hps I took off with the st43 and the pad shape is identical. I put them on last night and bedded them in without issue. such an easy swap with the brembo setup!

looks like rain probable for Saturday at the track...dang it!

ff

did you get to the track ? If so , what did you think of the ST43 pads on your car ?

Saturday I didn't run due to the rain. On Sunday, within a few laps my car started running rough and threw an engine code...misfire cylinder 3. So, I drove home. Today I'm going to pull the plugs. I'm hoping they are carbon fouled and the source of the issue.

Based on what I could tell with my limited track time, the stopping power was a big upgrade. I was braking way too early with the st43. It would have taken a day to get used to them.

Saturday I didn't run due to the rain. On Sunday, within a few laps my car started running rough and threw an engine code...misfire cylinder 3. So, I drove home. Today I'm going to pull the plugs. I'm hoping they are carbon fouled and the source of the issue.

Based on what I could tell with my limited track time, the stopping power was a big upgrade. I was braking way too early with the st43. It would have taken a day to get used to them.

Too bad - you might want to check the coil pack for #3 first or for a vacuum leak those are more which causes an electrical misfire and sets off a code, also have you gone to a colder plug ?

Archived