Day 6 - MI, WI, IA & MN

Day 7 - Rest Day and Oil Changes in Minneapolis, MN

Day 8 - ND & SD

Day 9 - NE, WY & CO

Day 10 - NM, AZ, UT & NV

Day 11 - CA & OR

Day 12 - WA, ID & MT

Register or get more info here:

http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=aj8n6ejab&oeidk=a07e8qa3u0ofa4c05e2

• 2 weeks later...

7000 miles

12 days

48 states - yes all 48 lower states!

July 2014

Start in Maine and end in Idaho

More details coming very soon!

If you swing through South Dakota Black Hills we will join up for a bit.

This kind of event is on the 'bucket list', I would love to participate, but financially and time wise I wouldn't be able to make the entire trip this year. However it might be possible to join in for a couple of nights when you swing through the southeast.

When do you plan on posting the full route with dates and hotel accommodations? It would be great to see if my wife and I could join in for a couple of days.

"Subscribing"

If I know my brother, with the network of Shelby people we have set up across the country, we will have everything we need the whole trip, and be prepared for servicing of any kind. I am leaning towards taking the Raptor and carrying a 20" or two as a community spare. I already carry fuel, portable air and tools when I travel with it, and at least a floor jack and two spares.

I would not dare bring the trailer the whole trip though. I might see if I could find an F250 and do that though.

The Explorer Sport might be fun for that too though. I have a platform that plugs into the hitch to carry stuff, and the explorer sure can keep up.

We will also have a down day half way through so people can get oil changes for their cars (and maybe rest up a bit for the old folks - like me!)

We are working on the final details now. I was really hoping to have registration open but the NCAA "bumped" us out of one of our hotels so I am playing catch up right now.

Registration is now OPEN! See the following link for more information:

http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=aj8n6ejab&oeidk=a07e8qa3u0ofa4c05e2

Just like with Shelby Run Europe, don't miss it and then spend the next two years kicking yourself!

This

Will

Be

EPIC!

Well I guess this answers my question in post #13;

"What if I can only do part of the trip or if I have a distant relative where I can stay for one of the nights or whatever? You still pay the full price, sorry."

It will be quite awhile before I'll be able to dedicate over $10K and two weeks vacation for an event like this. Best of luck and I hope its around when I can......

It will be quite awhile before I'll be able to dedicate over $10K and two weeks vacation for an event like this. Best of luck and I hope its around when I can......

I hear ya on that.... :spend: Like I said before I have to start finding and hanging around with poorer friends!

Well I guess this answers my question in post #13;

"What if I can only do part of the trip or if I have a distant relative where I can stay for one of the nights or whatever? You still pay the full price, sorry."

I have you noted from your previous post. If the trip does not fill up I will work with people who want to do partial trips. I just cant turn down people who want to do the whole trip for partial participants.

I have you noted from your previous post. If the trip does not fill up I will work with people who want to do partial trips. I just cant turn down people who want to do the whole trip for partial participants.

Could you please PM me the route through the southeast with the dates to see if it would work in our schedule IF you did partial entries. I wouldn't want you to waste your time, thank you for taking this into consideration....

Registration is now OPEN! See the following link for more information:

Just like with Shelby Run Europe, don't miss it and then spend the next two years kicking yourself!

This

Will

Be

EPIC!

I couldn't agree more.

I'd do it but it would exceed the annual mileage bucket for the GT.

You guys did this in Europe too but if you expect Ford GT guys to join you're going to need a baggage boat (as we call them on the Grand Canyon).

Van, he don't need no stinking van....

FGT_Trailer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived