TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 To 2014 Shelby Gt

cbd2

Jim, Just go to the Shelby American home page drop down, all vehicles. The first one you see is the Shelby GT GT/SC 2011-2013.

I also got an e-mail this morning announcing the return of the Shelby GT & GT/SC.

The Shelby GT is being brought back as an aftermarket modification. The 07-08 (note 1) were pre title modifications (ie, Shelby was part of the manufacturing process, essentially a subcontractor to Ford). The new Shelby GT starts with a car you own and is modified.

Note 1: We can argue all day about whether the Hertz cars were pre or post title, but I think the paper trail leaves them as post delivery but perhaps pre-title due to the fact that they may not have been registered by Hertz until they took delivery of them, which was after modification. None-the-less the modifications to the Hertz cars were not part of the Ford manufacturing process.

The Shelby GT is being brought back as an aftermarket modification. The 07-08 (note 1) were pre title modifications (ie, Shelby was part of the manufacturing process, essentially a subcontractor to Ford). The new Shelby GT starts with a car you own and is modified.

Note 1: We can argue all day about whether the Hertz cars were pre or post title, but I think the paper trail leaves them as post delivery but perhaps pre-title due to the fact that they may not have been registered by Hertz until they took delivery of them, which was after modification. None-the-less the modifications to the Hertz cars were not part of the Ford manufacturing process.

How true about the Hertz comment

Pre title or post title means nothing. They are all such cool mustangs.

Well . . . pre-title is at least a little more cool because before it came to Shelby by rail car . . . it was just an ordinary car. :cool:

Jim

Well . . . pre-title is at least a little more cool because before it came to Shelby by rail car . . . it was just an ordinary car. :cool:

Jim

They are all indeed cool cars, not sure how much (none, little, or much) it affects the

coolness factor as that is subjective, but it definitely means *something*. Historically

as we know, cars delivered by the Shelby/Ford collaboration in 65-70 were pre-titled cars,

so the 07-08 SGTs and S197 GT500s have that historical link. I won't even touch the

banal debate of where they became Shelbys, as CS signed off on the 65-70 cars being built

at different locations so that ends it for me.

As for the SGT-H being pre-title or not, Tony nailed the spirit of the argument since the

intention was the same as the original Hertz program. Individual ownership occurred after

their rental days were done.

-Tom

• 1 month later...

I agree it needs a hood scoop of some kind. That is one of the things I like best (despite all the early hood scoop issues) about my SGT...it is a link back to the earliest cars made by CS. They do seem a bit expensive for what you get but then again so were ours in the beginning. I think I like the refinements that the last couple of years brought to the cars in general coupled with what is likely to be a small number of cars that become an SGT. I played with the 'Build One' tool on the website and I think my favorite so far is a Grey car with Blue stripes, kinda the opposite of what I have now.

I agree it needs a hood scoop of some kind. That is one of the things I like best (despite all the early hood scoop issues) about my SGT...it is a link back to the earliest cars made by CS. They do seem a bit expensive for what you get but then again so were ours in the beginning. I think I like the refinements that the last couple of years brought to the cars in general coupled with what is likely to be a small number of cars that become an SGT. I played with the 'Build One' tool on the website and I think my favorite so far is a Grey car with Blue stripes, kinda the opposite of what I have now.

Just a little expensive, our original Upfitters package was like $4K, this one is $15K without the Supercharger, $28K with the Supercharger. I know it comes with more, but not that much more, the biggest thing is the wheels.

Then again I bet if I add up all my receipts I am up there, it is not something I have ever done.

And just to add they retain ALL take off parts, they used to give them back to you.

Good point about the original Upfitter Package versus the one now. I didn't have numbers in front of me so it was more than I thought......maybe that 4K in 2008 dollars is 15K now....

I had to laugh a bit about the receipts comment. Mine is more on the 'wish list cost' side but they do seem to be catching up to each other.

Just a little expensive, our original Upfitters package was like $4K, this one is $15K without the Supercharger, $28K with the Supercharger. I know it comes with more, but not that much more, the biggest thing is the wheels.

Then again I bet if I add up all my receipts I am up there, it is not something I have ever done.

And just to add they retain ALL take off parts, they used to give them back to you.

Not really completely true. The "upfitter's package" listed on the Ford Monroney sticker on mine was a 2140 charge (funny, it was 2040 on one car and 2140 on the other, and they were sequential VINs). As I recall in '08 this replaced change-outs that It added tires, deleted the spoiler, 3.55" rear end, wheels and center caps. Prior to '08 the change-outs were done at Shelby.

But there was the additions by Shelby to get to final vehicle price. The Shelby GT supplemental Monroney sticker listed the Shelby portion of the Shelby GT for my convertibles as:

Package Price: 10,800

Barrett Jackson Limited Edition: 1,250

Donation to Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation: 250

EPA Gas Guzzler Surcharge: 1,000

Total: 13,300

The coupe package was less, so a 2008 blue 'vert should have also been 10,800. That was to cover the light bar (not structural, so it isn't a roll bar). I don't recall what else the BJ Limited Edition portion was above the reguar GT. So, except for 1500, a blue vert should have have been 11,800... I seem to recall that the coupe was 9800? Steve might have those details...

But by my reckoning with the Ford and Shelby portions, the option cost of a Shelby GT is around 14-15K.

My Kenne Bell supercharger was about 9K (but that was in '08!)

Not really completely true. The "upfitter's package" listed on the Ford Monroney sticker on mine was a 2140 charge (funny, it was 2040 on one car and 2140 on the other, and they were sequential VINs). As I recall in '08 this replaced change-outs that It added tires, deleted the spoiler, 3.55" rear end, wheels and center caps. Prior to '08 the change-outs were done at Shelby.

But there was the additions by Shelby to get to final vehicle price. The Shelby GT supplemental Monroney sticker listed the Shelby portion of the Shelby GT for my convertibles as:

Package Price: 10,800

Barrett Jackson Limited Edition: 1,250

Donation to Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation: 250

EPA Gas Guzzler Surcharge: 1,000

Total: 13,300

The coupe package was less, so a 2008 blue 'vert should have also been 10,800. That was to cover the light bar (not structural, so it isn't a roll bar). I don't recall what else the BJ Limited Edition portion was above the reguar GT. So, except for 1500, a blue vert should have have been 11,800... I seem to recall that the coupe was 9800? Steve might have those details...

But by my reckoning with the Ford and Shelby portions, the option cost of a Shelby GT is around 14-15K.

My Kenne Bell supercharger was about 9K (but that was in '08!)

I stand corrected, I knew that it included 2 charges, for some reason I thought it was around $4K

Just broke out the Paperwork, I paid just over $38K (X-Plan) before taxes and I got 0% for 60 months, I bought on December 28, 2007.

Upfitters- $2140 this was on the Ford Sticker

Then you have the separate window sticker that is $7390 plus $1000 for Gas Guzzler so that equaled $8390

I got a STEAL on the GT/SC, many probably do not remember, but Tasca had a Special when the Whipple 550 came out, it started a $hit storm, but I got in on it. My Polished Whipple 550 was $7671.68 Installed!!!!! Then I added a bunch of other crap while I was at Tasca, the total came out to $10,600 or so. I love Tasca, I wish I still lived over that way, if you treat them right they do the same back.

Archived