TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Mile Bound - March 2014

NMAv

I'm headed down to the Texas mile this spring. Will drive down through Albuquerque and then to the site. My car will already be there so I won't tow it down, but will tow it back to CO. Anyone else interested in going? The pursuit of 200 MPH is in full swing.

I'm headed down to the Texas mile this spring. Will drive down through Albuquerque and then to the site. My car will already be there so I won't tow it down, but will tow it back to CO. Anyone else interested in going? The pursuit of 200 MPH is in full swing.

I may be interested. The Mojave Mile people haven't announced any slots for '14 so I have NO idea when they'll run again.

How long of a trip is it to the TX location?

Phill

Event dates: March 21 - 23.

http://www.texasmile.net/

Colorado Springs to Beeville TX via Albuquerque is 1189 miles. Direct from CS to Beeville TX is 968 miles. I've got to pick a friend up in ABQ.

Beeville TX is just south of San Antonio.

Event dates: March 21 - 23.

http://www.texasmile.net/

Colorado Springs to Beeville TX via Albuquerque is 1189 miles. Direct from CS to Beeville TX is 968 miles. I've got to pick a friend up in ABQ.

Beeville TX is just south of San Antonio.

Damn near exactly what the Mojave Mile is from here (1000 miles ea. way).

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

To say we have a good time at Texas Mile would be a "slight" understatement! We get there Thursday morning early and proceed to set up the RV's and the party. We then spend the next 36 hours wrenching, laughing, driving, laughing, drinking, laughing, etc....

• 1 month later...

I'm going to leave here Tuesday. Drive to Albuquerque, spend Tuesday night down there and then head to San Antonio so I get there mid afternoon on Wednesday. Spend Wednesday night in SA - maybe hit up the River Walk or something, then head to the mile Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

I,m in this time. Got an extra 100 miles to go just to catch up with you guys. Going to be a long road trip but think it will be well worth it once there.

205-210 ish is my goal. Few more things to finish up and I am set. Going to be awesome :yahoo:

Dave! Awesome that you are going to make it also! Be nice to see HellSnake again.

Anyone getting into San Antonio feel free to hit me up. The SMC Events RV will be heading to the Texas Mile early Thursday morning. Look for it at the 3/4 mile mark (hint: it will have a butt load of Shelbys in front of it).

Revan Racing & L&M Engines are also scheduled to be there with us again this year.

Dave! Awesome that you are going to make it also! Be nice to see HellSnake again.

Anyone getting into San Antonio feel free to hit me up. The SMC Events RV will be heading to the Texas Mile early Thursday morning. Look for it at the 3/4 mile mark (hint: it will have a butt load of Shelbys in front of it).

Revan Racing & L&M Engines are also scheduled to be there with us again this year.

Van was going to ask you if you would save me and my trailer a spot in the pit? He must have forgot lol. Sorry not bringing the Hell Snake on this one, bringing my new baby. Super Snake 456

• 3 weeks later...

SO???

JS: Did you make this event?

Haven't heard a thing from the Mile runners yet...

Phill

Yes, Jeff made it. While pretty much no one had the runs they were hoping for we did have a GREAT time (as always).

It was great to meet Jeff and Adam and Jeff does have a fantastic car!

Can't wait until October!

Anyone on the fence about going, trust me , it is well worth it.tons of tire kicking and cool cars. I met a great group of people who treated me as if I were family. Just a great bunch of folks. Great food and cold beer. All that and you get to drive damn fast. Planning on going in October.

Anyone on the fence about going, trust me , it is well worth it.tons of tire kicking and cool cars. I met a great group of people who treated me as if I were family. Just a great bunch of folks. Great food and cold beer. All that and you get to drive damn fast. Planning on going in October.

Did you get any runs in? I haven't seen ONE time posted from anyone. I found that strange.....

Phill

Phill, I got three runs in, all qualifying runs. 148.x, 168.x, 186.2. After that the car was shutting down for some unknown reason. We (Van and Sean with the help of the Ford GGT boys and their toys) found that the front O2 sensors were not reading correctly which cause the car to go into safety mode, even with traction control turned off. We replaced the O2 sensors and unplugged the fuse to the traction control system and were ready to make a high speed pass Sunday morning, but the rains came.

The traction control issue is apparently a known issue with cars putting down over 1000 hp. No way to adjust around it with a tune, solution is to unplug the fuse. I might put in a switch which will allow me to turn it off and on on the fly.

It was still a great time and I will go again.

Jeff

Phill, I got three runs in, all qualifying runs. 148.x, 168.x, 186.2. After that the car was shutting down for some unknown reason. We (Van and Sean with the help of the Ford GGT boys and their toys) found that the front O2 sensors were not reading correctly which cause the car to go into safety mode, even with traction control turned off. We replaced the O2 sensors and unplugged the fuse to the traction control system and were ready to make a high speed pass Sunday morning, but the rains came.

The traction control issue is apparently a known issue with cars putting down over 1000 hp. No way to adjust around it with a tune, solution is to unplug the fuse. I might put in a switch which will allow me to turn it off and on on the fly.

It was still a great time and I will go again.

Jeff

Huh! That's good to know although I doubt I'll ever get up that high. Well, no intentions at *this* point for 1000+ HP.

What did the O2 sensor problem end up being?

I just notice a strange lack of anyone posting times and was wondering why. I know Sunday got rained out but Saturday didn't seem to get much talk here on TS. Normally after the Tx Mile, we get a bunch of new stories to read.

Thanks for YOUR reply,

Phill

Archived