TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1St V8 Ever And It's A Shelby

Chono88

I am 26 years old and have never owned or really driven a car with 8 cylinders. As an owner of a 2012 Shelby I must say there is no going back from here!!!! This is truly an amazing piece of art that I can't wait to get into every day. I hope to make some friends I can lean on for help when things are going wrong or when I just need some advise from some shelby vetrans.

All I can say is show that car some respect! Things can happen really quick when you stand on that little pedal on the right. Congrats and enjoy. My son just bought a '12 Competition Orange Boss for his first car.

You are hooked for sure. My only bit of unsolicited advice after 33 years of driving experience would be this.... Respect the power of these V8s, as they can get away from you with no warning. I live my life by "just cause you can, doesn't mean you should". Welcome to TS and enjoy:)

Enjoy the extra power. Word of advice: Would be a good idea to take a performance driving school. It's fun and you will gain invaluable experience.

Thanks all and I am trying my best to be cautious with this beast. I feel that I have spent WAY TOO much money on this car to disrespect it and trash it. I can't wait to polish her up and give her a nice new coat of wax to protect her precious body.

Archived