TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Center Guage Reviews?

Silly question: I'm almost embarrassed to ask this.

Does the oil pressure guage in the Shelby center console replace

the stock guage?

Seems bizzare that 2 guages will be reading pressure.

Not a silly question at all. Both read oil pressure, the center gauge pod is more visible, and accurate. Important when boosting the car's power.

Jer

I think all of your questions have been answered by now. Jer was correct in that the bulbs are easy to change and if the velcro is used its fairly easy to lift the gauges off the dash and change a bulb or two.

I think it looks great in the center of the dash and I like it better than any other locations. Of course I am 6'4" and I need my room. I think its a great addition, at least for me.

20130809_182922_zpsdc47dd05.jpeg

I like the center gauge pod because the A-pillar doesn't work for me… the fact that I have a lazy left eye doesn't help…. LOL

Jer

I added the Auto Meter green rubber covers to my three-gauge pod bulbs today. It was fairly simple and looks better than the clear bulbs white light. The covers come in a three-pack and cost around $6. O'Reilly Auto Parts can order you a set. The Auto Meter part number is 3215 for the green covers.

The installation involves removing the bulb from the socket and placing the rubber sock/cover over the light bulb where it fits tight to the bulb. Once the sock is over the bulb, just push the bulb back into the socket, then line the socket up with the hole and push it into the hole and twist it so the socket will stay in the hole.

Below is a link with a photo of the covers. I believe you can also order them at the link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=auto+meter+bulb+covers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=auto+meter+bulb+covers&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop&spd=16130309662753014262

Springer,

I did the AutoMeter "rubber booties" at first, they looked very faint, weak color, and darkened the bulbs too much.

I was doing Blue, so your mileage may vary, but the LEDs were a night and day difference.

Jer

I don't know Jer, mine looks fine for me - at least the lights are green. They do make brighter bulbs. The stock bulbs are number 161 and they make a 168 which is brighter. There was also another bulb between the 161 and 168, but I'm not sure of the number but I believe it was 164 or 165.

Here is a pic of the set-up now. It looks greener than how it appears in the photo. I stayed with the 161 bulbs.

post-26281-0-25234400-1387863915_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-25234400-1387863915_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just curious if anyone installed the gauge cluster and their oil temp gauge didnt work ?? I installed mine this winter and when the engine is plenty warm the oil temp gauge reads cold.. I can use a gauge tester (it takes place of the sender) and get the gauge to move all over , cold to hot and all inbetween .. Does anyone think i have a bad sender or a bad ground ??? Any ideas ??

Thanks...

Archived