TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Shelby Displaying At The Detroit Auto Show?

ShelbyKR664

I have not seen any news as to whether or not SA is displaying at this years show. If anybody has some information, please pass it on.

I will be in Detroit 17th/18th and would like to volunteer.

Well, THAT sucks!! Had a blast last year (even if we did freeze our ____ off!). Already had vacation time scheduled from work and were looking into lodging at Greektown again. What happened? Will miss hanging out with Gary and Sam!

Would it be too much to ask to have stuff like this posted WHEN the decision is made and not wait until somebody asks?!

The people who volunteered last year were sent a note from Gary stating why.

I post the e-mail;

I just wanted you to be aware that we will not be attending the 2014 Detroit Auto Show in January. We have a significant Cobra anniversary launch scheduled for Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale at that same time and we've elected to forego the Detroit show so we can focus on this launch.

We wanted to get this out to you as soon as possible before anyone made travel or vacation plans. We appreciate all the effort you put into this event and hopefully we'll be in a position to do the next one in Detroit.

-Gary Patterson

Vice President

Shelby American, Inc.

Shelby American Moves to the Las Vegas Strip!

Visit www.ShelbyAmerican.com for details

Shelby_is_Moving.jpg

+1. Lots of exposure too. No brainier. SA could also send the hauler full of Shelby's to my house and I would gladly set up and work the show! My only compensation would be to drive one free for a year!

The people who volunteered last year were sent a note from Gary stating why.

I post the e-mail;

I just wanted you to be aware that we will not be attending the 2014 Detroit Auto Show in January. We have a significant Cobra anniversary launch scheduled for Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale at that same time and we've elected to forego the Detroit show so we can focus on this launch.

We wanted to get this out to you as soon as possible before anyone made travel or vacation plans. We appreciate all the effort you put into this event and hopefully we'll be in a position to do the next one in Detroit.

-Gary Patterson

Vice President

Shelby American, Inc.

Shelby American Moves to the Las Vegas Strip!

Visit www.ShelbyAmerican.com for details

Shelby_is_Moving.jpg

I'm guessing (well, maybe more than a guess) that the Cobra announcement to be made at Barrett Jackson is the 50th anniversary 427 Cobras (CSX3000, now CSX6000 although there were some CSX4000 number cars reserved). The 50th anniversary 289 (CSX2000, CSX7000) was announced a couple of years ago. If history repeats itself production will be limited to 50 units and they will probably sell out at the auction.

Archived