TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Forged Alcoa Wheels Available In Small Quantity!

Jer

We recently received a call from our friends at Alcoa – it seems they found 100 brand new 20”X9” Shelby Forged wheels in storage there, and asked us what they should do with them. They are from an older manufacturing run, and are simply engraved with “Shelby”, “Forged”, and “Alcoa”, in the usual Dura-Bright finish. It was like a “barn find”, without all the dirt!

We decided that the best thing we could do is offer them to our Team Shelby Members. No other advertising, no marketing, no email sent, just a private offer to our most loyal enthusiasts, a chance to own some of the most desirable wheels ever, an iconic Shelby product we’re all STILL very proud of. We want YOU to have them.

So, this Monday, December 16th, at 8am Pacific Time, we will offer them on the Shelby Performance Parts Web site: www.shelbystore.com. The Product Page will be visible before then, but we will only let the system “Add To Cart” after the launch time.

They will be available “first come, first served”, and each customer will be limited to a maximum of SIX wheels, as we would like to honor people’s wishes to have spares.

The price will be $599 each, and does not include center caps (available separately), sales tax (in NV), or shipping. We will again adopt our practice of hand-inspecting each wheel, and repacking them double-boxed to assure safe arrival at your doorstep.

Each order will be verified for maximum quantity, and to ensure the purchaser is a current Team Shelby Member in good standing. You will NOT need your Member # to order, it will be checked by us. Any order that does not meet these criteria will be cancelled, with NO quantity delivered to the purchaser.

Qualifying orders will be shipped within 10 business days.

Wheels:

http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AF1247

Center Caps:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Forged-Wheel-Center-Cap-p/9s3z-1130-cs.htm

Please remember that your quantity will not be reserved until your payment is processed and your order confirmed on the web store's final page. Simply adding them to your Cart does not guarantee any quantity. SO, act quickly when placing your order.

Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact me directly at: JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Thank you all, and Merry Christmas!

Jer

Thanks Jer,

May try to get a spare 20 X 9. Hopefully the system can handle the traffic.

Yeah, I'm kind'a thinking the same thing. ONE, for a spare in case I jack up one of the four I already have. I would think the front has a better chance of getting damage & if I do screw up a rear, get the 9 widened to match the existing rear or use the situation for a excuse to get both widened for more rubber on the rear.

Just thinking,

Phill

Not quite, Richard. These are NOT engraved with "Super Snake".

Jer

If you ever "find" a 9" Fifty Years Wheel, I would love a spare for the one I curbed and had repaired the best I could. I don't really like extortion shopping on ebay...LOL

Email me at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com. I'll see what I can do.

Jer

Stock TPMS will work, but may need larger mounting bands if you are coming from 18" wheels.

Jer

They are widely available, most dealers, tire shops, and resellers have them on hand.

Jer

I got 6. Sweet! I hope they arrive in perfect shape. I am sure there is a thread on this but I will ask anyway. What is the widest tire that will fit on a 20 x 9?

I am guessing a 285-35-20 is the best route to go.

I got 6. Sweet! I hope they arrive in perfect shape. I am sure there is a thread on this but I will ask anyway. What is the widest tire that will fit on a 20 x 9?

I am guessing a 285-35-20 is the best route to go.

We recommend up to a 275/35/ZR20.

Jer

We recommend up to a 275/35/ZR20.

Jer

Yeah, I was gonna say.....

I don't think I'd chance a 285 on a 9. Mine has 255's If I Remember Correctly/IIRC (& 285's on the rear 10" wide rims).

Phill

Jer, I noticed in the shout box you mention that you have 255 and 275's on your 9" Razors. Is this a more preferred setup vs 275's all around? Does SA endorse a particular tire brand for the Alcoa's?

"255 front, 275 rear" was the original tire spec when the 2007 Shelby GT/SC cars came out of the mod shop. There are pros and cons to having a wider tire up front. There is greater grip in hard cornering, but the wider tires will have an increased rolling resistance, and also can feel like they pick up every irregularity in the road, so they can be less fun on the highway. I've been very happy with those sizes on the street, highway, and track.

Our recommended tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport - nothing else has given us the ride quality AND performance we've seen from these tires.

Personally, I've had great experience with my Nitto NT555 tires, they have been a great value - but they do not compare to the Michelin (nor cost as much, of course).

Jer

Great and thanks for the information. I only want to do this once. I will pursue the staggered sizes. I think it makes more sense. If I track my KR, I will likely use the OEM 18" wheels. The F1's are track tires anyway.

Archived