TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Returning To Stock After Whipple S/c

I'm starting to assemble the parts to return my Hertz to stock should I ever decide I want to. I want to start slowly collecting parts now, so it will be easier should that time ever come.

Here's what I think I will need:

1. Strut Tower Brace

2. Cold Air Intake

3. Stock GT intake tube

4. Stock GT intake manifold

I have gauges for my car, so I do have a correct OEM stock pillar should I pull the gauges out. I also have upgraded GT500 Fuel pump, injectors, and other pieces that go with the Whipple HO kit. Will I be able to keep them in the car if I remove the Whipple, or do I have to return injectors, plugs and fuel pump to stock as well?

I also know I will need to reload the Ford tune for the cold air intake, but am I missing anything? Other considerations?

I'm starting to assemble the parts to return my Hertz to stock should I ever decide I want to. I want to start slowly collecting parts now, so it will be easier should that time ever come.

Here's what I think I will need:

1. Strut Tower Brace

2. Cold Air Intake

3. Stock GT intake tube

4. Stock GT intake manifold

I have gauges for my car, so I do have a correct OEM stock pillar should I pull the gauges out. I also have upgraded GT500 Fuel pump, injectors, and other pieces that go with the Whipple HO kit. Will I be able to keep them in the car if I remove the Whipple, or do I have to return injectors, plugs and fuel pump to stock as well?

I also know I will need to reload the Ford tune for the cold air intake, but am I missing anything? Other considerations?

Troy, not sure about the whipple but the Paxton required the removal of the stock radiator expansion tank.

Assuming, I put the stock manifold and CAI back on, can the stock Shelby FRPP tune deliver fuel properly if I put back in stock Fuel Injectors but keep the GT500 Fuel Pump?

OR

Would there be power to gain by keeping the whipple Fuel system and having a CUSTOM tune performed that would be better than stock?

I am having trouble understanding why you would do this. I have a lot of the parts you are looking for. I had my 07 SGT SC'ed at Tasca and got the takeoff parts.

Well, I purchased the car already Whippled, but I never got any of the takeoff parts. Since this is a limited edition Hertz car, and the SC was not factory installed I want factory parts to stay with the car should I decide to return it to stock some day way down the line. Think of all the 40-50 year old Shelbys and such that were modded but are having difficult finding stock parts for now that they are being restored again. I am trying to avoid the future mess of this proposition. Likewise, if I were to need to sell my car it might be worth it to return it to stock prior to such a tragedy. At least it should resemble stock....

I just sold my intake ,fuel pump and a few other items this week very cheap as I was tired of having to store the parts. My car was factory supercharged by Shelby's mod shop,Quantum, in Dallas, which is no longer in business. My car will never be returned to non-sc status since it is considered factory s/chd but if mine was considered just a aftermarket s/chd car then I would want to save all parts. There are a lot of parts on our cars such as brakes, driveshafts and etc, that are generic with the thousands of regular mustangs so as I'm not to concerned about finding a lot of these parts 20 or 30 years from now.

I need intake hose/tubing for the CAI (I think this is factory Mustang) from the throttle body, CAI assembly, fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs - basically everything that was removed for the S/C conversion except the intake manifold. I do have a line on a set of stock fuel rails with the injectors for $50 but will have to see if that deal falls through.

Thanks,

Troy

Think of all the 40-50 year old Shelbys and such that were modded but are having difficult finding stock parts for now that they are being restored again. I am trying to avoid the future mess of this proposition.

How old are you? You're worried about 40-50 years from now? Hey, I say enjoy your SC car now and have a ball! What comes later...well...unless you are in your 20's that's likely the new owners problem as by the time your in your 70's I don't think this is going to be a first-world-problem for you. I also don't think you'll recoup the cost later nor do I see it as a bid sale differentiator. IMHO!

Please don't get me wrong! I mean I think it's REALLY cool you care enough but, unlike the old Shelby's, many of which ended up razor blades, the parts for these will be sold for a LONG time and the parts that were unique are on thousands of other cars making for a treasure trove of donation vehicles in later years.

You do speak to the issues of something happening that would move you to go back to stock so I guess that's something only you can weigh as a possibility.

Good luck in your search and keep an eye out for SGT total/parts vehicles that get posted!

Archived