TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help, Crazy Clutch Issue.

cgrove04

So my '13 shelby is having some issues. Here in the past 2 months I've been in 6th gear on the interstate going about 70 and I'll gas it to pass someone and the rpms will immediately go up to about 6k, while the clutch by itself moves to the floor. I've smelt clutch a few times, I've had several manuals, and know how to drive em. I seriously will be super pissed if its a burnt clutch, because I dont give this car hell at all. Any ideas?

Have you brought it to a dealership ?

There have been posts on the SVTP site stating that @ WOT, the clutch sticks to the floor. The fix is to remove the clutch assist spring. Not sure if this is your issue, removing the spring is a 10 minute job.

( removed it on my 14, pedal feels more like a regular clutch now )

Ya removed that spring a while back love it, and naw havent taken it in yet. If its the clutch thats just ridiculous though, and how much is it to get one of those clutches put in parts and labor etc?

My Clutch issue is also wacky just different. My late build '14 Vert. has approx, 250 miles so far. I read about the "hill holder", and noticed it kicked in a couple time while starting on a hill while at a light. My main issue:

I back my car up a relatively steep drive-way, and then back the car into the garage. Noticed it doesn't want to go back-wards in reverse, up a grade. I really have to rev it to get it to move in reverse. Yesterday I backed it up the drive-way and stopped to empty out the trunk, and put the top up. It then didn't want to move. It WAS in reverse, ck'd numerous times. I finally got it to back up and then had a strong clutch smell. There is so little actual clutch, it's all the way at the top. My previous 03 Terminator Vert., with both stock and after market clutces, no problem. My 09 GT 500 Vert, also no problem doing the same thing. Very wierd. Anyone else see this issue??? Thanx...

I would have it fixed/replaced under warranty before spending anything out of pocket for an aftermarket cluch. My 13 has over 15K miles and has been to the the strip and track with no clutch issues. The point being the stock clutch can hold up to serious use. I am not saying you don't have an issue just that it is worth giving a shot to having it fixed under warranty. McLeod's start at around 1K plus labor and go up from there.

I think the majority of 13 & 14 clutches are just fine. Mine, with 9K is perfect. I think you just got a bad one. That can happen with any car, regardless of cost. As advised, take it to the dealer. They will certainly fix it and you will have a happy car & driver (no pun intended!)

So my '13 shelby is having some issues. Here in the past 2 months I've been in 6th gear on the interstate going about 70 and I'll gas it to pass someone and the rpms will immediately go up to about 6k, while the clutch by itself moves to the floor. I've smelt clutch a few times, I've had several manuals, and know how to drive em. I seriously will be super pissed if its a burnt clutch, because I dont give this car hell at all. Any ideas?

Hate to tell you but your clutch is definitely going south. How many miles? I ask because with cars under 12k miles, in some instances Ford has stepped up to the plate and fixed under warranty. I'd go that route before buying a new clutch. New clutch parts & labor you're looking at about $2200 depending on what you get.

Archived