TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trufiber Vs Shelby Ss Hoods....pros And Cons

CMichaels

I need some people help. I want to get a hood for my 07 Gt500. Really debating about the Trufiber or the SuperSnake hood for my car. I know the SS is more compared to Trufiber hoods.

IS there pros and cons of the hoods? How is the quality? anyone run into issues with the Trufiber hoods being ram air? Does the SS hood require the use of hood pins. etc....

thanks

The genuine Shelby SS hood does not require the use of hood pins.

Jer

I have spoken to many people at shows who have both of those hoods as well as other brands, the only complaint they all had was that all the hoods needed some work for a proper fit and finish for paint.

since you are part of the Performance PArts, any input on the fit and finish of the Supersnake hood?

When it comes to body parts, I always tell customers THIS: We are selling you the same parts we use to make our cars. What I mean by that is, we have a team on staff that does finish sanding, prep, etc etc when they build a car. Our hoods are made for that purpose. They are not prepped to be sold as parts the same way some others might be. So I never represent them as "ready-to-go" at all. They usually require a decent amount of prep, and people usually only run into trouble when they go to a cheap or fast body shop. The upside is, they are the real article, not a knock-off, and when prepped and finished correctly, extremely nice hoods.

Jer

I can say that the Shelby SS hood is of top notch quality and I love the hood. The only thing is, I went to a car show saturday and the temps were pretty darn cold. The hood shocks from UPR at least I think thats who I got them from or the Shelby hood strut kit. The shocks just didnt seem to want to hold the hood up unless you put it up ALL the way possible. if the hood was down even like 2cm the hood would slowly fall. I don't know if its from the cold temps that the hood shocks weren't up to it or what. I'm thinking I might need to get the Shelby Redline struts. Sorry to get a little off topic there.

But yes the Shelby SS hoods are fantastic. The best hood I have had. So glad I waited and didn't waste my money on aftermarket cheapy hood.

Oh also, the black coating that you guys put on the underside of the hood, what is the best thing to clean that with? I got some waterspots on there and detailer just doesn't work on that.

Get these Shelby Redlines… they are specially engineered to hold up the Super Snake hood - I just installed them on my new Deep Draw hood, and they are awesome. I also put a set of the Focus ones on my other car, they're VERY nice.

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Redline-Hood-Quicklift-Kit-p/s5mb-16612.htm

Jer

Archived