TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Caved And Got The Cs69S

ITHERTZ66

I figured I might as well get them while I can. 20 years from now, it's going to be harder to find a set (:

This is a photoshop, but I did find the ones I wanted (18") with the Shelby name carved into the face of the rim edge locally 20 minutes from my house. Brand new, in boxes (: Now I just have to burn up my new 17's I just got this past season. Doh!

Troy

wheelswaptest.jpg

I think I'm going to go with 275/40-18 tires in all corners with this setup. It is important to me that the rear tires don't stick out/extend beyond the quarter panel. I also want to be able to rotate the tires to make them last longer. Too bad this makes the tire diameter a bit smaller, though. Even less MPGs (: I also like the look of a full wheel well. I wish there were more options with a 275/45-18 tire. I only found one - the expensive and disappointing Pirelli P-Zero Rosso.

ithertz66, what is the width 18x ?. I cant tell in the pick do they have any depth? they look great btw I am just wondering if

they have any depth. thank you....

Most likely 9.5. That is what I have. See signature for tire size I am using. Pictures are also in signature. That said, Troy can confirm.

ithertz66, what is the width 18x ?. I cant tell in the pick do they have any depth? they look great btw I am just wondering if

they have any depth. thank you....

The 18 inch sizes are 18 x 9.5 and optimal tire size for that rim is usually a 275/40/18...I'm using the BFGs Sport Comp-2 and absolutely love the grip for start, stop, and cornering that they provide. Not to mention I love the way that they look on the car. It really fills the wheel wells in good fashion, too. I had a good set of the Sport Comp-2s in 255s on the front, but didn't like how it looked and didn't fit fully flush with the tire bead up against the rim to my liking either. I just switched about 2 weeks ago to the 275s up front.

The 275s on all 4 corners fit very well, and also provide an ever so slight tire bulge to protect the rim a good bit should you find a curb using the wheel/tire without wanting to do so. I hate that when that happens!!!

Hope that helps.

Andy.

Andy - do you have any pics? Are your wheels the same size and offset? 18x9.5 with 45mm offset. I can't stand the hubcap look where the wheel extends past the rubber. Glad to hear yours fit with a little "bulge", which is what I'm seeking. Would still prefer a little more sidewall than the 40s allow, but again - not much available in a 275/45-18.

I haven't taken any pictures yet and my car is at my installer's getting the SPP Watts link installed and the trans & differential fluids changed out with Royal Purple lubricants. I'll get some photos when I get her back in the garage. It should have been back already, but the battery went during the process and the installation of an Optima Red Top has caused some problems (see my earlier post).

I'll see if I can post them up here for you. I went with the GT500KR rims in 18". A set of 19" would probably be optimal, and to me most of the 20's I see on SGTs and Mustang GT's look too large and have way to little sidewall for my liking. The big problem with 19 inch is that there are hardly any good tires available, and I caught some of the dialog from some of the GT500 guys with 2011 wheels in 19 inch.

Andy.

I haven't taken any pictures yet and my car is at my installer's getting the SPP Watts link installed and the trans & differential fluids changed out with Royal Purple lubricants. I'll get some photos when I get her back in the garage. It should have been back already, but the battery went during the process and the installation of an Optima Red Top has caused some problems (see my earlier post).

I'll see if I can post them up here for you. I went with the GT500KR rims in 18". A set of 19" would probably be optimal, and to me most of the 20's I see on SGTs and Mustang GT's look too large and have way to little sidewall for my liking. The big problem with 19 inch is that there are hardly any good tires available, and I caught some of the dialog from some of the GT500 guys with 2011 wheels in 19 inch.

Andy.

You should look up 19", there is a lot more available now then there used to be. I have 19's on my 911 and never have an issue finding tires.

Archived