TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Separators

07SGT5111

Hey everyone.

Looking into getting an oil separator and have a few questions. Not against or for bling just want the best quality application.

1.) how long can I go without emptying the container out.

2.) which is the best brand. I like the billet Shelby one for obvious reasons but if there is a better one on the market I would go with it.

Your input would be much appreciated and considered!

I have JLT on my SGT and rarely has any measurable oil in it.

I'm not sure if it works, I check it once a month and it usually has just enought to wipe out with a paper towel.

FYI - I drive it only 2k to 3k miles a year

I've been trying to ascertain if I even need the oil separator or not. Basically, I think it comes down to this:

• If you drive the car on the track you need one.
  • If you don't drive the car on the track, but get into the boost often you may need one.
  • If you rarely hit the throttle hard and drive mostly for pleasure, it's a waste of money unless you're looking for extra bling under the hood.

I checked the hoses on both sides of the engine bay and both were dry as a bone. I get into the boost every time I drive, albeit for just a few moments on public roads. This is most likely more hype than anything else for 99% of the people who own Shelby's with a stock blower. Maybe with something like the TVS or Kenne Bell which has greater volume it becomes more of an issue.

The brand on my car is from Moroso there was not a Shelby separator at the time of purchace. The Moroso has a drain valve at the bottom. It gets emptied a few times a year not a lot of oil to fill it if I let it go for a season. - Kevin

07SGT5111 Posted Today, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the input guys....btw ViperNC, those Chicanes look sweet! I want to get a set of those in Anthracite eventually.

Thanks. They look better in person and especially now I have the Shelby Wilwood brakes with red calipers (not in photo). You won't disappointed!

Archived