TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Razor - Lost A Decorative Screw

Unfortunately I had it happen to my CS 40 also, don't fret they are replaceable. Contact the Shelby Wheel Co, I got their info online, just Googled Shelby Wheel Co, if I remember their in Missouri.

You need to be cautious so you don't scratch your wheel, take a pin hook, ( placed a clean soft rag, doubled over on the rim ) and pry out the remaining piece. Remember patience! Mine was not to hard but I had a brake fluid leak from my Extreme brake install which may have helped loosen it. Once the piece is out just clean and dry the hole, I took some WD40 on my finger and moistened the barbs on the replacement screw looking thing and positioned it squarely in the hole. Took another rag and placed it on the screw head and hit it squarely with a rubber mallet. Wahhla, just like new. Be aware these screw things are plastic or resin or something like that, they are not metal so be gentle or it will smash, dent round off or otherwise damage the new one, I did, luckily I order 5 so I'd have them if I needed them. Hope that helps.

Unfortunately I had it happen to my CS 40 also, don't fret they are replaceable. Contact the Shelby Wheel Co, I got their info online, just Googled Shelby Wheel Co, if I remember their in Missouri.

You need to be cautious so you don't scratch your wheel, take a pin hook, ( placed a clean soft rag, doubled over on the rim ) and pry out the remaining piece. Remember patience! Mine was not to hard but I had a brake fluid leak from my Extreme brake install which may have helped loosen it. Once the piece is out just clean and dry the hole, I took some WD40 on my finger and moistened the barbs on the replacement screw looking thing and positioned it squarely in the hole. Took another rag and placed it on the screw head and hit it squarely with a rubber mallet. Wahhla, just like new. Be aware these screw things are plastic or resin or something like that, they are not metal so be gentle or it will smash, dent round off or otherwise damage the new one, I did, luckily I order 5 so I'd have them if I needed them. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much gtup1. I appreciate the site and the how to. You've helped me immensely.

These wheels are American Racing not Shelby Wheel Co.

I can't remember his name but there is a guy from American Racing who has these parts and they're still offering them so they will have it.

Also, there shouldn't be any reason to remove them or if they loosened up you could have an issue so check it out

Hmmmmm maybe I should buy some just in case, I figure if I'm prepared I will never need them!

Yep, then when you need one you will not be able to find it and have to buy another one anyhow. At least that's how I do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived