TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered 3/14/06 - just got it yesterday!

reedrum

Wow, what a wait - I put my deposit down on 12/14/05, then the order went in the first day you could order on 3/14/06; I was #2 on the list; just got it yesterday 5/16/07!!

Found out some of the delay was because the owner of the delaership has a lot of ties with Ford folks so at least 3 GT500's came in for those guys first - they assured me it did not hurt our order until a couple of months ago they said it mistakenly counted as their allocation - the guy #1 on list just got his 2 weeks ago. Anyway - wortth the wait = it is GRABBER ORANGE with white strips and all option except the GPS (which was lat availability);

Question - possibly this has been discussed numerous times- why the crappy seams on strips on front bumper - is that because it wraps around bumper?

Wow, what a wait - I put my deposit down on 12/14/05, then the order went in the first day you could order on 3/14/06; I was #2 on the list; just got it yesterday 5/16/07!!

Found out some of the delay was because the owner of the delaership has a lot of ties with Ford folks so at least 3 GT500's came in for those guys first - they assured me it did not hurt our order until a couple of months ago they said it mistakenly counted as their allocation - the guy #1 on list just got his 2 weeks ago. Anyway - wortth the wait = it is GRABBER ORANGE with white strips and all option except the GPS (which was lat availability);

Question - possibly this has been discussed numerous times- why the crappy seams on strips on front bumper - is that because it wraps around bumper?

Of all the posts I have read, you seem to have waited the longest. Congrats and enjoy.

I too have overlapped seams on my stripes. Must be the way they had to cut them to wrap around.

Welcome to the board. Some complain about the seams. I don't worry about it. They are all like that. I think they figured the front plate would cover it...but most do not use a plate. Let us know if we can help you with any questions.

Oh ya....Nice color choice. ;) You picked the fastest color !

I waited 8 months loosing my mind every day until delivery!

How did you manage for that long?

Archived