TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Xmas And Still No Gts Branded Accessories!!!

GTH064

UPDATE on the GTS interior that I have already paid for. The Hawaii interior installer is not talking. He will not work weekends. My wife uses the car during the week for work. We leave for Rock Island Illinois 23 August. The car will have to be shipped well before 23 August. The solution of the interior maker ... pay for a rental car. Unbelievable!!! I tell them it's a daily driver, he takes my money, and then does what he wants. Is there anyone at SAI that can be contacted to fix this? I sent an email to Gary Patterson just before I entered this update.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE Gary Patterson waded into the fray and "encouraged" us to work it out ... which happened, kind of. My wife is on orders for Rock Island Arsenal, IL. I asked to have the interior shipped there and the maker of the interior agreed to switch installers to Illinois. However, since we are moving that way he asked me to pick up the interior and have it shipped with my household goods. Not a problem, I can do that. I picked up the box and it was closed and intact.

I got the box home and, of course, I wanted to see what it looked like. I opened the box and looked at the leather interior that was very well done and beautiful ... except one thing. The interior of my wife's GTS is stone and what was sent is light gray. The gray actually looks very good with the black inserts, red GTS across the top of the seat and "Carroll Shelby" scripted on the headrests. The interior is worth the money I paid ... except for the color variation. The interior maker agrees that the color is off and says he'll correct it once we get to Rock Island.

I asked my wife if she wanted to change the interior overall to light gray but she hated the light gray color. However, that brings up a question. Is it tough to dye the interior to another color? In this case from stone (off white) to a light gray. Just wondering out loud.

Archived