TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Xmas And Still No Gts Branded Accessories!!!

GTH064

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Well, I don't know how the rest of you GTS owners feel but its going on 3 years that the GTS brand is out and Shelby has yet to put out any GTS branded apparel, diecasts or accessories for us! Kinda feeling left out of the Shelby community if you know what I mean. Lets share some thoughts about the issue on here and with them, so hopefully they will have some stuff available by next Xmas!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed this too. We don't have a high volume car from what I have seen and I don't think they see a potential profit in it. However, most people have no idea what a Shelby GTS is due to the lack of advertising so it may hbe a sort of self inflicted wound. SAI already refers to the GTS as a "starter" Shelby and with that mind set I don't think we'll be getting much GTS branded items coming our way. Especially now that the GTS is limited to only V6 models. Love SAI, but kind of sad that there isn't even a Tshirt branded GTS...

I have noticed this too. We don't have a high volume car from what I have seen and I don't think they see a potential profit in it. However, most people have no idea what a Shelby GTS is due to the lack of advertising so it may hbe a sort of self inflicted wound. SAI already refers to the GTS as a "starter" Shelby and with that mind set I don't think we'll be getting much GTS branded items coming our way. Especially now that the GTS is limited to only V6 models. Love SAI, but kind of sad that there isn't even a Tshirt branded GTS...

They made a CS6 die-cast but only in the coupe version, had to buy a Hertz car and a CS6 and custom build a vert but it could be done.

so don't give up hope just yet as the CS6 was only a concept vehicle and best guess only about 25 cars were ever built and completed by the owners.

We are adding new merchandise to our mix, and GTS items will be part of that. Moving our company and opening a new Retail Store have taken a lot of my time, sorry for the delay.

As for the phrase "starter car", I've never referred to it that way. There are some VERY mean GTS cars out there!

Jer

Thanks for your input Jer, it's nice to hear that Shelby will finally be releasing new GTS merchandise. Any time frame?

Thanks for your input Jer, it's nice to hear that Shelby will finally be releasing new GTS merchandise. Any time frame?

I'm aiming for the next 3 weeks.

Keep in mind, we've expanded our little Gift Shop into a full-blown Retail Store, so we grew from 800 square feet to around 5000. There has been a lot of new merchandise ordering going on.

Our vendors have been VERRRRRY busy!

Jer

As always, thanks to you and your team Jer! And for the record, I have never heard you use the term "starter". I'll go ahead and let the wife know that she will just have to get used to me wearing MORE Shelby stuff!

Cool, I too will let the wife know where she can get me GTS merchandise. Great job!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Well, I don't know how the rest of you GTS owners feel but its going on 3 years that the GTS brand is out and Shelby has yet to put out any GTS branded apparel, diecasts or accessories for us! Kinda feeling left out of the Shelby community if you know what I mean. Lets share some thoughts about the issue on here and with them, so hopefully they will have some stuff available by next Xmas!!! :thumbsup:

Try being a 40th owner...

Thanks Jer. I'll be watching for the new items.

I've never heard you call the GTS a starter car and I'm sure you never have. Other senior managers of SAI have made that or similar references many times. Even the latest Shelby magazine calls it an entry level Shelby. That phrase may be more appropriate for the Focus.

A nice mechanics shirt would be nice. I would buy one of those to go along with my other mechanics shirts.

My guess is that there are not really enough GTS owners and fans out there yet, so any GTS items SA might offer would have to be very small lots and one off stuff.

Jer,

Can you do a "buy one GTS shirt and get a Tremec XL Magnum at reduced cost" promotion?

Funny, huh.

A nice mechanics shirt would be nice. I would buy one of those to go along with my other mechanics shirts.

My guess is that there are not really enough GTS owners and fans out there yet, so any GTS items SA might offer would have to be very small lots and one off stuff.

Jer,

Can you do a "buy one GTS shirt and get a Tremec XL Magnum at reduced cost" promotion?

Funny, huh.

Sure!

Jer

Funny. I'm a little late though. The car is in the air with the XL Magnum nearby.

I don't know how many of us bought the mechanic's shirts, but they are way cool.

I love mine.

I don't know how many of us bought the mechanic's shirts, but they are way cool.

I love mine.

Pretty much all I wear now… LOL

Jer

My wife had this Shelby shirt customized with the GTS wording last xmas, so I can't wait to see what she comes up with this xmas!

untitled gts.png

untitled gts.png

Yeah, I remember when you posted that shirt above. It looks good.

But those nechanic shirts are just the right fit and weight for me.

Maybe a mechanics shirt with the letters Shelby GTS and a giant circular drunk snake Berg Snake logo on the back would be nice.

My wife had this Shelby shirt customized with the GTS wording last xmas, so I can't wait to see what she comes up with this xmas!

Nice!

Jer

Yeah, I remember when you posted that shirt above. It looks good.

But those nechanic shirts are just the right fit and weight for me.

Maybe a mechanics shirt with the letters Shelby GTS and a giant circular drunk snake Berg Snake logo on the back would be nice.

Nope, no "cartoon" snake.

Jer

Good to hear that there will be some GTS apperal other than (my very nice) helmet - don't get to wear it too often!

Some car accesories would be good too. Customized door sills would be really nice.

I remember the flyers for the GTS posted as an affordable first Shelby to get a younger crowd into SAI with the possibility of buying upwards of other models. I had lots to say a year and a half ago about the long lead times to produce, little advertisement, and service as an after thought that a younger crowd couldn't afford and wouldn't put up with. My wife and I have many soldiers around Hawaii that like her car and would have opted for a GTS upgrade to a Mustang bought out of a combat zone if the process had not been made so cumbersome that it was finally not pursued by ENCS.

I love my wife's GTS but was disappointed by being told in Dec 2011 that I would have it 45-90 days ... just in time for my wife's return from Afghanistan (my present to her for surviving). We got the car in May 2012, a month after her return. I opted for the 19" GT4 wheel/tire package promised me by SAI sales only to find out AFTER I received the car that GT4s were on 18" rims and GT4s ONLY came in 18". By the time SAI finally decided to make the situation right with 19" rims of another choice a curb left a mark on the rims and I couldn't return the rims in good conscience. Front brake problems have plagued the car. SAI took care of the car up to 12K miles ... and a little over ... and when the problems returned after the 12K warranty ran out I couldn't get anyone to answer my emails and phone messages.

I remember seeing my first Shelby GT500 Convertible in High School and always wanted one but couldn't afford it until I retired. Now I have two Shelby convertibles; the GT500 produced by Ford has been stellar, the GTS only has the brake issues but combine that with my other challenges with SAI and I'll probably not return my business to SAI though those letters S H E L B Y on a trunk lid of a car really makes my heart jump and takes me back a few years. I haven't been trolling the forums for quite sometime because of my unhappiness with SAI. I was simply checking in the GTS forum to see if anyone else was having brake issues and if there were any fixes.

I remember the flyers for the GTS posted as an affordable first Shelby to get a younger crowd into SAI with the possibility of buying upwards of other models. I had lots to say a year and a half ago about the long lead times to produce, little advertisement, and service as an after thought that a younger crowd couldn't afford and wouldn't put up with. My wife and I have many soldiers around Hawaii that like her car and would have opted for a GTS upgrade to a Mustang bought out of a combat zone if the process had not been made so cumbersome that it was finally not pursued by ENCS.

I love my wife's GTS but was disappointed by being told in Dec 2011 that I would have it 45-90 days ... just in time for my wife's return from Afghanistan (my present to her for surviving). We got the car in May 2012, a month after her return. I opted for the 19" GT4 wheel/tire package promised me by SAI sales only to find out AFTER I received the car that GT4s were on 18" rims and GT4s ONLY came in 18". By the time SAI finally decided to make the situation right with 19" rims of another choice a curb left a mark on the rims and I couldn't return the rims in good conscience. Front brake problems have plagued the car. SAI took care of the car up to 12K miles ... and a little over ... and when the problems returned after the 12K warranty ran out I couldn't get anyone to answer my emails and phone messages.

I remember seeing my first Shelby GT500 Convertible in High School and always wanted one but couldn't afford it until I retired. Now I have two Shelby convertibles; the GT500 produced by Ford has been stellar, the GTS only has the brake issues but combine that with my other challenges with SAI and I'll probably not return my business to SAI though those letters S H E L B Y on a trunk lid of a car really makes my heart jump and takes me back a few years. I haven't been trolling the forums for quite sometime because of my unhappiness with SAI. I was simply checking in the GTS forum to see if anyone else was having brake issues and if there were any fixes.

Email me directly, I'll see if I can help!

Jer

Archived