TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Bay Tanks

TNTchris

Hey Guys I am looking for some guidance and advice. I am looking to clean up my engine compartment of my 07SGT with a Whipple SC. I have purchased the Moroso Aluminum Coolant Expansion Tank (05-10 All) to replace my overflow tank. Can you please help me answer these questions:

1. Will this fit with my Whipple?

2. Will I be able to close my hood with my Shelby Billet caps?

3. Does Moroso make a tank to replace the Intercooler Reservoir tank?

4. Does anyone has some tips ad tricks for swapping these out?

I know SPP makes a set for my application but I do not want the Power Steering Reservoir tank.

Thanks in advance.

TNTChris

http://www.americanmuscle.com/canton-roush-expansiontank-0509gt.html Chris, I just received a Canton tank from AM. My S/C reservoir is mounted like yours in lieu of on the shock tower. This tank is for the Roush s/c. The tank is the same size as the plastic one you have. It will mount in the same place and the inlet and outlet are the same as the Whipple tank. Tank you showed is for the radiator reservoir. There should not be any clearance problems with the billet caps (I have them also). I will be installing mine within a week or so. Wish my garage was heated.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/canton-roush-expansiontank-0509gt.html Chris, I just received a Canton tank from AM. My S/C reservoir is mounted like yours in lieu of on the shock tower. This tank is for the Roush s/c. The tank is the same size as the plastic one you have. It will mount in the same place and the inlet and outlet are the same as the Whipple tank. Tank you showed is for the radiator reservoir. There should not be any clearance problems with the billet caps (I have them also). I will be installing mine within a week or so. Wish my garage was heated.

+1 .... please post pics of the install when you get a chance.

I'll give posting pics a shot after I get it installed. Just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii and it is getting cold here. The garage is not heated. The tank will look a lot better than the plastic one.

Archived