TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua For Sale on Ebay

VorpalBunny

It had a salvage title.

And that affects it how? If its half bondo and the right side of the car gets there 5 seconds before the left, yeah, it wouldn't be worth it.

If its fixed to where you can't tell, then why should it matter? You don't drive the title. And then there is the fact you are no longer burdened with worrying about damaging the value of the car. Previous owner gets that hickey. YOU get all upside.

At least that's how I see it...

I remember I talked to William last time he had it up for sale one eBay. - It's not really what he wants for the car - he is just trying to spark a little interest and he knows it is a special car. If your interested, you should give him a call or make him a reasonable offer. You never know what might happen.

Wish we could get an "official" listing on the Terlingua production. Mine will never have a top value, (started as a used Mustang with 20k+ miles), but would like to have info available to determine true value.

I drive the heck out of mine, including the required gravel road time just to leave our farm, and would like to know its worth. Not sure I would change my usage, but would be more informed as I beat the crap out of it. :)

You answered your own question.

How so? You're the one that implied it isn't worth 25k with a salvage title. If the last one sold for 70k + and this one sells for 45k less, and it looks like new with 3600 miles, it still seems like a helluva deal.

Here is an itemized list of what was done after the accident-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oia0yg50uejdhc3/SalesOrd_605_from_281_Motorsports_2984.pdf?dl=1&token_hash=AAFVlrqPETzzV24AN_wxAEbZ7fHSOHaLNxIq855__sE9Zw

Here are pictures of the process-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nlyfu7iy9t9ql6c/YcGQOcF_tO#/

Looks pretty good to my eyes.

I remember I talked to William last time he had it up for sale one eBay. - It's not really what he wants for the car - he is just trying to spark a little interest and he knows it is a special car. If your interested, you should give him a call or make him a reasonable offer. You never know what might happen.

I agree,

And while many think that is a ridiculous amount he is asking, its only 20k more than a couple good examples have sold for, and it was owned by Carroll himself. I think if you offered him what the going rate- 75-80k, you would have yourself a great Terlingua if he accepted it.

I have spent the last two years waiting for the right deal to come along myself, and if it was in the color I wanted, it might already be sold.

They are getting hard to find.

Chuck,

Two years ago, Steve stated there were 38 examples made on thread about three pages back in a Craigslist ad if memory serves me right. If that is true, add the couple of prototype/concept cars, and you have around 40 which we have unofficially accepted until that number is proven wrong. David has worked tirelessly to find every one he could, so I don't think there are more than one or two unaccounted for if that is even the case. I think 40 is a solid number to work with. I know there was only one vista blue, two wind ale blues, and the majority seems to be black obviously. More specific information is likely hard to come by until something official is ever released.

Thanks, I've been using the 40 number when somebody asks me about the Bunny. I really appreciate everything David has done to document info on our very small group of owners. Guess we have one of the more rarer models of the modern Shelby with each one almost unique to any other.

It would be nice to figure out the value of my Bunny so that I'm insuring it correctly. However, part of me doesn't want to know its "real" worth for fear it would be enough that I would start worrying about driving it. Right now I am not concerned about taking it for a milk run to our local Piggy Wiggly, just did that yesterday. :) Couldn't enjoy it as much without the rear exhaust either. Would have destroyed the side exit pipes on the gravel road ruts.

How so? You're the one that implied it isn't worth 25k with a salvage title. If the last one sold for 70k + and this one sells for 45k less, and it looks like new with 3600 miles, it still seems like a helluva deal.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oia0yg50uejdhc3/SalesOrd_605_from_281_Motorsports_2984.pdf?dl=1&token_hash=AAFVlrqPETzzV24AN_wxAEbZ7fHSOHaLNxIq855__sE9Zw

I didn't imply that.

Why is it that you an a few others feel the need to make an argument out everything.

I was just reinforcing the fact that it sold for that price because of its title. I was implying that if it had a clean title it would have been worth more.

Just wanted to add that David (vorpalbunny) has been a huge asset to the SAI Registry especially when it comes to seeking out any possible lost bunnies. Possible lost bunnies? How can that be? Without getting into details I think I can sum it up in two words, Quantum Performance.

Thanks again David for all your help.

Steve

Sorry Shep. Im not trying to be argumentative. I mistook your post that its a salvage title to mean its a ruined car, not simply pointing out why its a bargain. I suppose you could say being on team Shelby can make you defensive on the onset these last couple years or three.

You would think it would have got better when Cobra Scotty stopped coming here. :wink:

Steve,

Thanks for the heads up, and David is a true asset to Shelby, and to so many of us on many levels.

Just wanted to add that David (vorpalbunny) has been a huge asset to the SAI Registry especially when it comes to seeking out any possible lost bunnies. Possible lost bunnies? How can that be? Without getting into details I think I can sum it up in two words, Quantum Performance.

Steve

Personally I have more concerns with the counts from SA and Tasca than I do from Quantum. I have a good handle on the Quantum production. It's the ones that keep popping up from SA that has me scratching my head :headscratch:

Steve

Steve,

Thanks, you also are a huge asset and great help to many, including me! Thanks Steve.

Anyone having questions about Terlinguas, please feel free to write me at vorpl8@yahoo.com it is my pleasure and duty to assist as best as I am able.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

David

$42k in repairs and upgrades for $25k? Even with a salvage title that is the bargain of a lifetime!

Whoever bought this got a fantastic deal. If it is fixed correctly, salvage title only matters when you are selling it (if you ever sell it).

$42k in repairs and upgrades for $25k? Even with a salvage title that is the bargain of a lifetime!

Whoever bought this got a fantastic deal. If it is fixed correctly, salvage title only matters when you are selling it (if you ever sell it).

Completely agree with this post. My kids will have to worry about the "pedigree" of mine after I'm gone.

Until then it is smile time as I used and abuse.

What a great price for a modified Bunny!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, you can buy all three cars you have pictured for 99k.

Or you could have bought the last Terlingua on eBay for 25300.00 which was a fairly good price by my estimate.

Congratulations Warren! I've been AWOL and didn't realize you've been bunnyized. Screaming Deal!!!!!!!!!!!! Title really won't matter unless you sell and you then you will still see appreciated value. Michael Rauscher (215) 675-8485. You will blow it up, guaranteed. 164 @ T13 with 3 or 4 mph left in the tank. Guys, they only made 40 or less. Great find.

Archived