TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby GT ?

sheppd01

This is Awesome!!!

I will look at a used 2014 in a couple of years and send it out for the conversion to get a perfect little track car and save the abuse from my original SGT!

Time to start stashing money away in my wish account!!

Andy

Now how did they get this one in under the radar. Very nice. Looks like you can send a 2011 to them to convert if you wanted.. Could be very affordable. And looks like about every color combination. I need to talk my wife into getting one.

I am glad they did not add our famous Cobra hood scoop and spoiler delete.

I just went to the site and built one that was fully loaded with all options. Came in around $68k! You are talking 2013/14 GT500 money. I do love the looks but would have to think hard about jumping in. Especially with the 2015 coming out. Time will tell. :spend:

When the original SGT came out in 2007 it made perfect sense and fit a need in the Mustang niche. It was really exciting to say the least, and you could find them at all the local dealerships and finance the whole package at once without having to read about them on the internet or in a magazine. I'm not feeling any of that with this rendition considering the price and the cost/performance ratio when compared to the GT500. I think the market may be in the USED Mustang conversions, but that is nothing new since we've had the GTS already for that. I'm guessing it wasn't too popular?

www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2014sgt.pdf

Shelby is in business to make money.

I do like the hood/front but it is interesting the chip tune only adds 10 HP (2014 GT has 420HP from the factory).

They are advertising this modification for 2011 to 2014 Mustang GT's; maybe the ticket is to convert a clean 2011 or 2012?

Glad I own a pre-title mod done when The Man was still with us.

I just went to the site and built one that was fully loaded with all options. Came in around $68k! You are talking 2013/14 GT500 money. I do love the looks but would have to think hard about jumping in. Especially with the 2015 coming out. Time will tell. :spend:

We should know Dec.5/13.

When the 2007 SGT came out, I thought it was only lacking in horsepower, which was solved with the addition of a supercharger. There was a hole between the regular GT and the GT500 that needed to be filled, and, except for horsepower, the SGT took care of it.

Now you've got the BOSS, GT500, GT1000, GT350, etc. so it's really hard to find a niche that a new SGT can fit in to - time will tell, but the post title idea probably won't fly!

Sam

@ sheppd01. Why? I got one in May, the GTS hood is way nicer plus the conversion is cheaper - The main difference is that the wheel upgrade isn't optional,

I ended up with 18" rather than 20", Not at all upset, I love my GTS.

@ sheppd01. Why? I got one in May, the GTS hood is way nicer plus the conversion is cheaper - The main difference is that the wheel upgrade isn't optional,

I ended up with 18" rather than 20", Not at all upset, I love my GTS.

I am not putting down the GTS but just saying I would prefer the Shelby GT.

I like the new hood and there are way more paint/stripe options.

I did notice that they forgot the yellow paint option on the build your own page.

edit..

Got to have it Green with Red stripes..... That will sure make you stand out.

Here's a link to today's Wall St Journal article about the 2014 SGT.

online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131121-910461.html?dsk=y

I like the following quote from the article: "The Shelby GT was wildly popular and the people who snagged one have been one of the most passionate owner groups. The cars were often tailored with custom parts to fit an owner's personality and then driven hard on both the street and track."

The 2007-2008 SGT owners sure are a passionate bunch! We'll see what happens with the 2014 SGT owners!

In the meantime, I'm happy to hang on to my 2007 SGT. Who knows, maybe the value went up a few $ now that it is considered a "1st generation SGT"! :lol:

-yellow pony

Here's a link to today's Wall St Journal article about the 2014 SGT.

online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131121-910461.html?dsk=y

I like the following quote from the article: "The Shelby GT was wildly popular and the people who snagged one have been one of the most passionate owner groups. The cars were often tailored with custom parts to fit an owner's personality and then driven hard on both the street and track."

The 2007-2008 SGT owners sure are a passionate bunch! We'll see what happens with the 2014 SGT owners!

In the meantime, I'm happy to hang on to my 2007 SGT. Who knows, maybe the value went up a few $ now that it is considered a "1st generation SGT"! :lol:

-yellow pony

It's all automotive history and the man touched the cars. Now its legacy. They are all very cool.

It may be just me but ... the hood looks odd without a hood scoop. I like the vents but it looks as though they were trying to make it look similar to the GT500 hood. To me the front end isn't as kind to the look as a GT500 front end is. Just my opinion. I prefer the look of our SGT's!!!

Kevin

07SGT2591

If I had the jack I'd have one, but I'm never selling or trading my original pre- title SGT to get one. I look forward to the new owners joining our group.

My first mod would be SGT hood pins. I can not believe they did not at least include them as an option. I bet they will have them for sale to the new SGT owners along with a faux gas cap.

I guess one of the things about the SGT is that the owners can personalize them. Bet Shelby parts SPP are way ahead of me on this one.

Now with the Shelby GT coming out the GTS is reportedly going to be solely for the V6 mustangs. Along with the Shelby GT350 being stopped in Dec and apparently being replaced with the Shelby GT. Is this more conformation the Ford with come out with a GT350? Maybe…. If ford comes out with the GT350 will the SA upgrade be called a SuperSnake?

+1

My body man told me to be sure to use the hood pins when driving my GT-H / especially at high speeds. When he assembled my car he was a bit scared with how the fiberglass hood and factory hood latch assembly mated together. I've seen the hood dance quite a bit while driving enough to make me nervous, too.

Archived