• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but back on track.

Received this email:

"Today I spoke with Steve Prewitt and we discussed the canopy situation for the
MORE lot. We have managed to come to a solution that will be more acceptable to
all those attending.

After completing and signing a waiver, each group will be able to setup canopies
in their area that meet the requirements set forth on the website. The waiver
will be available upon arrival at the event.

My apologies for not having this in place prior to putting information out to
all of the MORE participants."

So it appears that a canopy may be set up with the 25lb leg weight. I think it is only one per group. However, damage caused by it will be the responsibility of the club. If someone sets up a canopy I would say it should not be left unattended and taken down prior to leaving the area. I am just going to bring a couple of umbrellas for my chairs if needed. This whole thing is not worth the headache and or risk in my opinion.

I will still try to get the authorization for "JeffJ" trailer

Thanks but back on track.

Received this email:

"Today I spoke with Steve Prewitt and we discussed the canopy situation for the

MORE lot. We have managed to come to a solution that will be more acceptable to

all those attending.

After completing and signing a waiver, each group will be able to setup canopies

in their area that meet the requirements set forth on the website. The waiver

will be available upon arrival at the event.

My apologies for not having this in place prior to putting information out to

all of the MORE participants."

So it appears that a canopy may be set up with the 25lb leg weight. I think it is only one per group. However, damage caused by it will be the responsibility of the club. If someone sets up a canopy I would say it should not be left unattended and taken down prior to leaving the area. I am just going to bring a couple of umbrellas for my chairs if needed. This whole thing is not worth the headache and or risk in my opinion.

I will still try to get the authorization for "JeffJ" trailer

I think we will go for hats and sunscreen. A lot of hassle for a small gain in shade.

Thanks for looking into this. ;)

Is water available in the area or should we bring it?

I think we will go for hats and sunscreen. A lot of hassle for a small gain in shade.

Thanks for looking into this. ;)

Is water available in the area or should we bring it?

The track says all water must be bought from them. You can hide a lot of water in the empty spare tire well....

The track says all water must be bought from them. You can hide a lot of water in the empty spare tire well....

Thanks.

Last Bash we went to one of our guys ended up in the hospital with dehydration.

Doc told me to make sure and drink lots of water in Vegas. I'll bring some just to be sure i have it.

I'm bringing water as well. I doubt with all the congestion they are going to search every car for god sakes, it's simply so their vendor can charge us all $4 a bottle. If I have to I'll give it up, but I'm going to bring some.

I'm bringing water as well. I doubt with all the congestion they are going to search every car for god sakes, it's simply so their vendor can charge us all $4 a bottle. If I have to I'll give it up, but I'm going to bring some.

Thanks. I can buy a case of 32 bottles of water for $2.99 here.

Less than .10c per bottle. Also it is basically the same water as I have been drinking all along.

No tummy surprises from different water sources..

Wholly crap, canopies to water. I am bringing water and will bring some snacks in the event I lounge at the MORE parking area which is outside of the track 50th venue and when checking out our track folks. Not too warm and fuzzy IMO.

All drama aside, looking forward to seeing those I have not seen in a while and looking to meet new folks. Thanks everyone for signing up. I think it will be great to have guaranteed parking and the flexibility to come and go through the day & week and not be locked into the speedway from early morning until 5:00 pm.

Can you still add a person to the list to park with TS members?

is it too late to add someone to MORE PARKING

Found this is from over a week ago. To quote H0050;

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

A few folks have asked to be added to the MORE parking. This is closed and no one can be added as per the MCA 50th website and MCA staff. Sorry but it is out of my control.

Thanks.

Just gotta post one pic for you. :hat_tip:

_KPS5929.jpg

edit;

OK, one more;

_KPS5891.jpg

We are going to Fantasy of Flight right now in Polk City, FL. The Mustangs & Mustangs show will be there today.My 2007 Shelby GT was in The MCA Times next to a B-51 Bomber in the area where it lists car events. This was The February edition of the MCA times in 2013. We would normally be going with the cars today but they are on a transport on there way to beautiful Las Vegas. We will be hanging with Bob Zinzell, the South Atlantic Region Director. He is licensed to build the Shelby Challenger Cars, get your orders in soon and get a low number car! I drove one on track and it was just short of a pro-stock car but with handling and grip. The weather looks wonderful! See ya all in Palm Springs and Vegas! Look for our cars!

image.jpg

image.jpg

JeffJ, got the confirmation, no trailer. Chris W. actually tried but other MCA staff felt it would open a can of worms. I can understand that.

Well, that's a bummer, but certainly understandable. I'm sure we will all have a blast!

Despite all the rules that we can't do, I think we will all have a great time! I wonder if they will allow one of those beach umbrellas for shade? That would be perfect for a couple chairs.

I am bringing one. Yes, we will all have a great time. I am not sure we will even hang in the parking area much if any. Either way Bash and then the 50th, epic week.

?

I think he means that hunting, golfing and fishing all are expensive as well. I don't golf but everything else is expensive. Motorcycles, Jet skis, Shelby's and guns and ammo. That's what I sink my $ in! Correct, when you say can't take it with you. I have had to work for all I have, my parents are spending my inheritance so they have the same vision! When I go, my son can take care of everything I spent my $ on! He already knows many things that he can never get rid of and I tell him, better get a big house someday!

Gentle reminder for those who have not been to Vegas, especially when out at the speedway. The air in Vegas is dry plus the sun can dehydrate you. That said, bring wide brim hat, sun glasses, sun screen, water and stay hydrated (drink) and even lip balm.

Start your engines!

Archived