TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA 50th Anniversary MORE Program, TS members Vegas

HARALD KELLEY

For those TS members going to the MCA 50th Mustang Anniversary celebration there will be a M.O.R.E. (Mustang Organization Rallying Enthusiasts) program at both east and west venues.

This MORE program allows for designated parking area for your group or organization. You can come and go as you please but will have designated parking.
◾Minimum of 20 cars
◾Deadline to apply for MORE parking is March 15, 2014
◾Areas are assigned first come first serve.
◾must all be registered for the 50th with minimum of one car each
◾Tent allowed with stipulations of proper anchoring
◾Up close parking to speedway entrance if reserved early
◾Must provide MORE coordinator an excel spread sheet with all persons in group (name address, phone & email)
◾Participates must acknowledge that they are committed to parking in their assigned MORE parking area. A dash card will be provided

I think it would be great if TS participated. We all would have designated parking area for the club and have the flexibility to come and go as we please and don't have to worry about competing for parking.

The link is below to the MORE program power point on the Charlotte Speedway site. Similar program is being planned for Vegas and forthcoming. I have spoken to the MCA MORE program coordinator who has provided me with some direction.

I am willing to start the process on behalf of TS if there is interest for the Vegas venue with MM,Pacific Coast Region Director endorsement. Please chime in if you plan to attend the 50th (must be registered for the 50th and willing to provide the requested information)and are interested/committed to parking in assigned MORE parking area. You can pm me with your info (name address, phone & email) and I will place you on the list. Post #12 has the AKA for those that have responded. Once the list is finalized I will email a copy for your reference. I will use this thread for this topic.

If someone wants to take on the east venue I can provide a spread sheet that has been created and other info if you PM me with your email address.

Try this link: http://mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/jpegs/MORE_Program.pdf

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminder, to PM me your info: name, address, phone, email & number of cars. MCA MORE coordinator needs this info. Thanks.

I'm in with one car. I'll PM the info right away................gonna be a really cool event. :yahoo:

Here is the TS list so far which I will update periodically. List does not include TS member friends that will be parking with TS group:
H0050
MMcguirk
pottydr
Shelby65_mustang & friends
f2redpot
glory
wildazcat & friends
GTH176
My500ss
Blown away
05mustangman
Cobra567
JeffJ & freinds
Gotboost
Slabo
NJPat
Torch40
Bookwyrm & parents
Cali_KR
FordFan1
Airpro2
tedj
Red
Surfergeek
07sgt4843
Silly Fast AKA aonebadbone
IASHELBYGT
08sgt1042
4289cobra
dnldblr
YorbaRapter
Shelby Tom

Refinerydog@sbcglobal.net

TJS

tpadilla

ms50thgts

shelby2

gchaser1

Cobra99

ejrail

mherman2 & friend

HRG

DG Shelby

Denstang65

Shelby J

wolverine1978

rogshelby2013

thejmasterslim

CSX4909

McLovin

Randomhero82

DDay12

07GTCS

jnf & Friends

jaspony

07 Shelby

Fontech

ttabmaue

silversurfer

Tonys_Shelby

07 Shelby

Cobraracing

39mustang

MVIC1518

07-2937

Hobbsrd

Vapor08GT500

cbrbear

Son of GT/mywickedshelby

socalsgt & friend

Vegas Rich

SVT-09

mrgt500

pur vnm

mscobragt500

I'll certainly be there Harald, but have no idea of what car yet. I'd like to bring the GT-H, but only if I can trailer it out. May just be bringing out the Roush RS.

Car does not matter for my info. Just the #. PM your home address, I have everything else if email is jeffj30 address.

Thanks.

The information we (Mach 1 registry) got was that parking would be outside of the track at the Charlotte event. That put off most of our people and no one seemed interested in participating under those circumstances. we all want to be inside the track area. Is that the case with the Vegas MORE program?

:borg:

The information we (Mach 1 registry) got was that parking would be outside of the track at the Charlotte event. That put off most of our people and no one seemed interested in participating under those circumstances. we all want to be inside the track area. Is that the case with the Vegas MORE program?

:borg:

My understanding is the parking for the MORE program is outside of the track but near the entrance as parking is provided to clubs on a first come first serve basis. (Up close parking to speedway entrance if reserved early) The sooner clubs reserve, the better. Team Shelby is the 2nd club to acknowledge interest/participate in Vegas. If you park inside the track, you will most likely need to compete for parking, most likely get there at O-dark thirty and you must keep you car parked from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. You cannot move the car. The MORE program provides designated reserved parking for your club and you can come and go as you wish with your car. I am sure some of TS members may want to get into the track but for those who do not want to get locked into parking the car from 8:00 to 5:00 when inside and if you do not have a second vehicle I think this provides the flexibility to come and go as you desire. Also some of our folks will be tracking the cars and this provides them ability to move about and have parking. See the link I attached which has a power point about the program. Both venues will have the same format. The Vegas site MORE has not been posted yet. All this said, I do understand your concern and thanks for the question. I think its important to understand the program. One last item to consider, only so many cars will be allowed inside the track, once that is full, not sure what will happen so the reserved parking does not seem like a bad solution for those who may want to sleep in, site see or other activities during the weekend.

If someone misunderstood and wants to remove their name from the Vegas MORE list I am compiling just let me know. For that matter, if TS is not interested that is an option as well. I will continue unless I hear something different. Post 12 will have the list that I will keep updated. Once finalized, I intend to send out the official list via your emails. Most likely early March as the deadline to submit is March 15.

April and I will be there -- just PM'd you the info. Waiting for confirmation from work about adjusting time off for the Shelby Bash also, but we should be good to go :shoppingcart_:

Thanks for organizing this, Harald. I'm sure it'll be a very welcome benefit avoiding the general parking mayhem!

So where do I sign up for the Charollte MORE Team Shelby program?

At this time I do not think a east event MORE person has been identified. There has been some discussion on some of the regional group threads. Someone can contact Steve Prewitt who's contact information is in the link I attached where it talks about the MORE program and get it started if someone is willing to coordinate. Heres link to power point. http://mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/jpegs/MORE_Program.pdf

Just an update related to parking trailers and car haulers as I have received several inquiries. This is from MCA staff:

"The MGM Resort Group hotels we are using as part of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration do not have space for car haulers. The parking facilities at the hotels are parking garages too short for hauler, nor length of space to accommodate the trailers". We do however at LVMS a large area set aside for car haulers, so we have plenty of room at the track".

In addition, the MORE program parking area is only for cars except if there is a club trailer or tent which requires pre approval.

Hope this helps. We have about 34 TS cars so far. Post # 12 has the "AKA" of folks that have sent me their info.

Archived