TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA 50th Anniversary MORE Program, TS members Vegas

HARALD KELLEY

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only good thing is that north bound traffic on I-15 in the morning is fairly light with the exception of 1000 mustangs and Shelby's that week.

Bad thing is traffic after 3 PM heading back to the resort corridor is a nightmare.

Still is going to be a great time.

Only good thing is that north bound traffic on I-15 in the morning is fairly light with the exception of 1000 mustangs and Shelby's that week.

Bad thing is traffic after 3 PM heading back to the resort corridor is a nightmare.

Still is going to be a great time.

Last I saw there's just shy of 2000 mustangs registered.. That's not counting any spectators in non-mustangs, haulers, RV's, etc.. It's gonna be interesting to say the least, which is why I suggested safety in numbers :shoppingcart_:

MCA 50th Vegas MORE parking: I will be sending out the meet and greet list via email that you provided this weekend so keep an eye out for it. A few friends did not have email so pass the list to them once received. I will remove all the mailing addresses. 93 registered, 100 cars and we are Group # 2. I will be sharing additional information once received from MCA staff Chris Waddle who is my contact. He is still not sure about the trailer because he is over by 300% in the parking area. Not sure what that exactly means but with us as Group 2 we should have decent parking.

Lastly Chris will be sending out a mass email to all MORE participants so keep an eye out for that as well. When I receive it I will also send a heads up via shout box.

Not pumped about have our email and phone sent out to all… No biggy, there’s no privacy left anyway

I posted several times during this process the intent to a have meet / greet list and if anyone had a concern to email me. Same concept as the Bash list that we are on. I wish you would have contacted me. Sorry!

I posted several times during this process the intent to a have meet / greet list and if anyone had a concern to email me. Same concept as the Bash list that we are on. I wish you would have contacted me. Sorry!

I just read the list, it’s all TS members, no problem Harald. I didn’t really read the email to the bottom and didn’t realize it came from you. Again thanks for putting this together.

Andy

I just read the list, it’s all TS members, no problem Harald. I didn’t really read the email to the bottom and didn’t realize it came from you. Again thanks for putting this together.

Andy

Thanks, glad all is all good. Yes, Team Shelby MORE parking list to only those TS members participating. See you soon.

I am still getting a few requests to be added to the MORE parking list. Sorry, this cannot be accommodated. MCA staff has closed the MORE program to include adding folks to existing club lists such as Team Shelby. This is not my call and do not have any control over this.

So I just got an email from the MCA coordinator that said we could only rent canopies from them for the MORE area, not set up our own... I'd be willing to chip in for a couple if others are so we have some shade out there! Harald, do you know what the cost is?

Hello everyone

You should have received the mass email from Chris Waddle:

"Hello Las Vegas Mustang 50th Birthday M.O.R.E. Participants
Hello all, I am Chris Waddle and I am the director of the Las Vegas Portion of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration, Powered by MCA. I am sending you all a quick note to let you know of some of the happenings and what you can expect when you arrive at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway LVMS. As with all functions that we attend there has to be rules and there is no difference here.

Firstly; There will be NO food or drink allowed on the LVMS that was not purchased there. LVMS has a sole provider and does not allow outside food to be brought to the facility.

Secondly; Canopies were offered to all of the groups that have requested to park in the MORE lot. However none of the registered groups have ordered canopy. For safety of people and vehicles at the event, no canopies that were not rented from the MCA and set up by our vendor will be allowed.

Now that the nasty stuff is over, here is the good stuff. A great event has been planned and there will be further emails describing all of these cool things. Those of you parked in the MORE lot will enjoy the top of the line parking near the main and only entrance to the event. Your group will have a reserved area that you can come and go from as you wish.

Remember, safety is our top priority. Please adhere to all speed limits and directions from both LVMS staff and event volunteers.

Many thanks for attending the event and I hope to see you all there safely."

Chris Waddle

The canopy piece is the first I have heard about it. Never been offered one for the group even after asking about the trailer via phone and email. It is mentioned on the MORE site that tents could be used but must have 25lb anchor per leg. I have requested permission to place a trailer in our area which I have not received a yes or no on. To that end, I am inquiring about the canopy issue. I can say I have not been offered a canopy and maybe that is why they have no takers from other groups as well. The saga continues. I have had some issues with communications or lack of.

Chris W. has emailed me back and stated it mentioned the canopies on the web site but it was unclear. Go figure.

I could only find the mention that tents could be used but must have 25lb leg anchor. No mention of canopies being offered to groups. That said, I am working on this but no guarantee I will be successful on the quest for shade area. I asked about the trailer several weeks ago and still no commitment to that.

Got an email today that stated we could get an 10 x10 canopy for $150 dollars with no sides. Only one per group It would require me to be at the site Tuesday at 8:00 am to determine the location and pay for it. It does not look like we will be able to place the trailer (JeffJ) on the site which I was really hoping for.

I would consider getting the canopy but I really do not want to cover the costs in its entirety plus the Bash activity. What's the thought of the group and is this something needed as the events will be in the track area.

A decision has to be made no later than the 7th.

That's a real bummer seeing as I just spent $800 on a new roll out 18ft canopy for my trailer. I'll use it all the time and have been wanting one, but I got it now so that I would have it for this event.

Wow $150 for a canopy rental?? We buy them the canopy and then they get to keep it? Not sure that I think that's a good idea, but we may want it. We'll see what others have to say. Also one of us would have to miss the Tuesday morning Bash event just to set that up. I don't want to put anybody through that.

LVMS is renting the canopies, not MCA. MCA has a no canapy policy because of the cost of the damage to cars when they blow into them.

Thanks.

Just gotta post one pic for you. :hat_tip:

_KPS5929.jpg

edit;

OK, one more;

_KPS5891.jpg

Archived