TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby GT500 Production

robertlane

Hey madlock, I have one last update to ask of you since you gave me some info about 1/2 way through the MY. My 14 is ingot/ black with only options of glass roof, svtpp and car cover. It's also a Canadian car. I was just curious if any more had been built like it. At 3k cars there were not. Also how many ingot coupes came to the north?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought 2014 shelby gt 500 a couple of weeks ago,just parked in garage weather terrible here is WISCONSIN,leaving for Florida on the 28th of December,will be driving car from wi to fl,first time driving will be 1400 mile trip can't wait,any way what I was wondering,car is oxford white with matte black stripes,only option is track pac,any ideas how many of these they made

Just bought 2014 shelby gt 500 a couple of weeks ago,just parked in garage weather terrible here is WISCONSIN,leaving for Florida on the 28th of December,will be driving car from wi to fl,first time driving will be 1400 mile trip can't wait,any way what I was wondering,car is oxford white with matte black stripes,only option is track pac,any ideas how many of these they made

Zero - at least as described.

Presuming you mean the Track Pack AND Performance Package which the Track Pack requires, I make only one such car exists - VIN 1ZVBP8JZ6E5270972 which originated from a North Carolina dealer.

Yours is the only such car to be so configured in that particular color combination. Though two more such Oxford White cars exist with Stripe Delete, meaning they can add the stripes to achieve the same configuration without further modifications.

Yours is the only such car to be so configured in that particular color combination. Though two more such Oxford White cars exist with Stripe Delete, meaning they can add the stripes to achieve the same configuration without further modifications.

VERY nice Geneo4116.

• 4 weeks later...

Are the final numbers in for the 2014 production run yet? Put down a deposit on this one, 1ZBP8JZ9E526001. I'm hoping to pick it up on Friday. I think it's been sitting out there a while. Dealer cut me a decent deal. (LOL) How does this stand in the great numbers game of life? Thanks. :salute:

Goddamned obnoxious colors if you ask me...

(LOL) Wouldn't have been my first choice but as the number of 2014's out there dwindles and the prices will probably climb, I jumped at what was closest and a good deal for me ($2500 off MSRP). I remember the last time Shelby GT-500's stopped production, the 1969 and leftovers as 70 models and didn't want to miss the boat this time. As far as the color/stripe combos ..... yes there are some "unusual" combinations offered. I really wish they offered a white with silver stripe combo in the GT-500, but I'll learn to live with the red stripes. :)

Has Ford got the final numbers on 2014 Shelby GT-500 production yet? I have a breakdown sheet and certificate for my 2011 and will purchase one for my 2014 when they're available.

Congrats on the purchase Bill. Enjoy the fun. My first recommendation....change the tires!

Yes, agreed! Couldn't wait to get the F1's off my 2011 after my first winter and normal wet driving experiences. I went with Continentals DW's and love them for daily drivers.

(LOL) Wouldn't have been my first choice but as the number of 2014's out there dwindles and the prices will probably climb, I jumped at what was closest and a good deal for me ($2500 off MSRP). I remember the last time Shelby GT-500's stopped production, the 1969 and leftovers as 70 models and didn't want to miss the boat this time. As far as the color/stripe combos ..... yes there are some "unusual" combinations offered. I really wish they offered a white with silver stripe combo in the GT-500, but I'll learn to live with the red stripes. :)

Has Ford got the final numbers on 2014 Shelby GT-500 production yet? I have a breakdown sheet and certificate for my 2011 and will purchase one for my 2014 when they're available.

Ford hasn't yet published them, but they do exist. You got a decent price to be sure. But with Ford having dumped about 800 more '14s into the market than '13s both to tide over supply and goose Q4 results, too much supply exists for scarcity-driven price spikes, especially since floorplanning inventory units costs about $270/mo per for stores that down own their stock outright.

A point will come at which stores that own their stocks will have held out and own all that remains. But between deep freezes and Obamacare weighing on an already-tepid economy, I'd expect a goodly number of motivated stores to exist for quite some time - especially after discovering they hadn't received the only extra allocation in their zone - but one of MANY.

What's both hysterical and appealing are dealers who'll promise to order the exact car you want - still. Some would so well to accept that when they only have B.S. to spin, saying nothing at all is the FAR better thing to do.

Besides, once the last few market cornerers are left, MORE than enough low-mile cars will exist whose owners either weren't as thrilled as they hoped, got bit by Obama's "pen and phone", discovered little Sally needs braces on her teeth or Uncle Sam, Barry, Harry and Nancy want a WAY bigger cut than expected.

That leaves most dealers a very narrow opportunity window in the meantime.

Ford hasn't yet published them, but they do exist. You got a decent price to be sure. But with Ford having dumped about 800 more '14s into the market than '13s both to tide over supply and goose Q4 results, too much supply exists for scarcity-driven price spikes, especially since floorplanning inventory units costs about $270/mo per for stores that down own their stock outright.

A point will come at which stores that own their stocks will have held out and own all that remains. But between deep freezes and Obamacare weighing on an already-tepid economy, I'd expect a goodly number of motivated stores to exist for quite some time - especially after discovering they hadn't received the only extra allocation in their zone - but one of MANY.

What's both hysterical and appealing are dealers who'll promise to order the exact car you want - still. Some would so well to accept that when they only have B.S. to spin, saying nothing at all is the FAR better thing to do.

Besides, once the last few market cornerers are left, MORE than enough low-mile cars will exist whose owners either weren't as thrilled as they hoped, got bit by Obama's "pen and phone", discovered little Sally needs braces on her teeth or Uncle Sam, Barry, Harry and Nancy want a WAY bigger cut than expected.

That leaves most dealers a very narrow opportunity window in the meantime.

Madlock, thanks for your insight and look forward to seeing the final numbers.

When looking for my new one, I did a nation wide search on the web using "cargurus.com" and narrowed my search down to a 500 mile radius. I found about 80 cars and kept narrowing my filters and search down to about six cars. I called on a couple and this one was about 300 miles away and had been listed for 182 days so they were ready to deal. I initially wanted to buy locally and asked my local dealer where I had purchased my last one about trying to locate one. I even let him know of where several cars were that I might be interested in. He called but they weren't willing to deal or trade with him so he told me off to the side I'd be better off dealing with the other dealership directly and I did. :cool:

Madlock-I sent you a PM but did not get a response, can you tell me how many were made of mine? Here is the vin, the window sticker is too large to upload and I cant resize PDF's.

1ZVBP8JZ4E5235797

Thanks in advance

Chad

Ugh....I have experienced the pain of Uncle Sam before....Takes the fun out of being a car guy!

Archived